The Falkirk FC Thread

Time to forget last Sunday, all the plaudits that came from it and get back to hard work at Starks Park tomorrow.

Sometimes teams that have performed well such as ourselves and also played very well in defeat last week can go off the rails for a week or two, after having been involved in a match that has attracted attention, so that also brings a different test to the squad tomorrow. Hopefully we deal with it and get another win.

9 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Signing players isn’t an immediate indicator of having more money than anyone else. We needed an overhaul and got one with a mixture of good proven signings, gambles of younger players, punts on guys on the way down and loans. If the DR hadn’t made such a huge deal of us offering more money than Greenock Morton for a player then I don’t think many people would be looking at our business and thinking we had some serious cash to throw around. 

Livingston will still have a bigger budget than us and Raith and Partick will likely have spent more or the same as well. 

Aiden McGeady, whilst technically registered as a player is considered backroom staff and from what the vast majority of people have heard, isn’t on that much money. He’s contracted for another year and I’d be surprised if he’s involved with us past the summer. It was very much a learning opportunity for him and a chance for us to get some kind of experience in the squad last season a without a massive cost. 

It absolutely will not be considered a failure by anyone if we don’t win the league. We need to finish top four and give ourselves a chance at going up but I think injuries are going to hamper us. 

Likes of Devlin, mcmann, oakley,rus, murphy will be on very good money for a start. 

I think he will be off to Hibs and take the same progression his football career did end up at the green arsecheek as a manager (depending on how he does as a manager)

33 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Time to forget last Sunday, all the plaudits that came from it and get back to hard work at Starks Park tomorrow.

Sometimes teams that have performed well such as ourselves and also played very well in defeat last week can go off the rails for a week or two, after having been involved in a match that has attracted attention, so that also brings a different test to the squad tomorrow. Hopefully we deal with it and get another win.

Same train of thought. Sundays game should have been well and truly parked when the guys returned on Tuesday. I’m sure it has and no doubt M&S will have been working on the trip to Kirkcaldy. Looking forward to hearing McGlynn on the current injury situation and how the squad are shaping up for Saturday.

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

Shanley with a chance to redeem himself but i reckon Oliver will start before him.

Especially given Finns performance perhaps meriting keeping his place in Olivers more normal role. With out Maciver winning the aerial battle, we perhaps need to look to Coll and Hendo to squeeze up earlier than they normally do allowing Tait and Spencer to try and find passes in the final third rather than the wingers feeding off Maciver.... Risky strategy but I hate to see us playing Maciver game towards Oliver who just can't do it. 

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Especially given Finns performance perhaps meriting keeping his place in Olivers more normal role. With out Maciver winning the aerial battle, we perhaps need to look to Coll and Hendo to squeeze up earlier than they normally do allowing Tait and Spencer to try and find passes in the final third rather than the wingers feeding off Maciver.... Risky strategy but I hate to see us playing Maciver game towards Oliver who just can't do it. 

Only other way i can see is play Miller on the right Ross on the left and swap MacIver for Alfie

3 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

We can’t keep putting Oliver up there. He can’t do anything and it usually just ends up with the ball coming back at us. We’re not going to try Alfie (which would be my choice) so needs to be Shanley for now.

Not a fan of Oliver as a lone striker (he’s clearly far better at no 10) but equally we haven’t seen anything at all from Shanley so has to be Oliver for me.

3 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Not a fan of Oliver as a lone striker (he’s clearly far better at no 10) but equally we haven’t seen anything at all from Shanley so has to be Oliver for me.

Ross, Ageyman and Miller with either Yeats/Oliver in the 10 whilst Nesbitt is still not fit.

We're going to have to adapt in his absence but Shanley is way down the pecking order.

Trust McGlynn to find solutions 🧢

Can see McGlynn giving Shanley another chance to be honest as a first port of call.

If he does, hopefully he can step up to even a half-decent performance otherwise he could find himself hooked at half-time and under no illusions that further chances will be limited/non-existant.

Edited by MulsonFFC