The Falkirk FC Thread

22 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Goes without saying that McKenna isn’t the answer up front. Need another option in there as cover for Maciver. A few others weren’t at their best today either though- Tait and Mackie in particular were wasteful in possession.

Alfie wasn’t the player we’ve seen in the last few weeks but still offered a thread. Ross is our most popular player and can’t fault his running but feel there’s no end product there a lot of the time.

The fact McGlynn didn't start Shanley or Oliver suggests he's trying make another option 

McKenna dropped far too deep for me yesterday.

I'd have liked to seen Agyeman there as he was getting nothing out of Stevenson.

We go again Saturday, would love a wee promising loan in but a lot of these loans nowadays come with guarantees they will play, once MacIver is fit they probably won't.

34 minutes ago, MrDust said:

The fact McGlynn didn't start Shanley or Oliver suggests he's trying make another option 

McKenna dropped far too deep for me yesterday.

I'd have liked to seen Agyeman there as he was getting nothing out of Stevenson.

We go again Saturday, would love a wee promising loan in but a lot of these loans nowadays come with guarantees they will play, once MacIver is fit they probably won't.

Can we recall Allan ? 

55 minutes ago, MrDust said:

With MacIver out for a maximum of 8 weeks, you could essentially offer a striker from the lower end of the Premiership who’s not been getting a game guaranteed minutes until Christmas.

42 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Can we recall Allan ? 

Will only be possible in the January window, then there maybe things in the loan contract that might make it not possible. I doubt that but you never know.

2 goals/12 and he is out the picture with us hence why he is at Clyde

34 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

With MacIver out for a maximum of 8 weeks, you could essentially offer a striker from the lower end of the Premiership who’s not been getting a game guaranteed minutes until Christmas.

I'm not being entirely serious with this but Kevin Van Veen has been on the bench a lot for St Mirren, wonder if he'd be interested in a loan until January? 

Don't ask don't get

Edited by FK1Bairn

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I get the issue with quality, but I dont want the way smoothed over for no one to come in. Maciver always needed covered, but that its come to pass and for as much as 8 weeks makes it unthinkable we go with what we have. None of the options are close to good enough to the point where its potentially a season wrecker. 

We will find out tomorrow when the loan window closes. The displays so far this season will have raised our standing and credibility, and therefore higher quality loanee.

Its a compelling sales pitch. CF out till near xmas so the loan will play on a regular basis

Team is set up to provide chances for the CF

Now what to top division teams does McGlynn have banked goodwill?  Celtic and Hearts.

Going to be an interesting Monday

7 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

I'm not being entirely serious with this but Kevin Van Veen has been on the bench a lot for St Mirren, wonder if he'd be interested in a loan until January? 

Don't ask don't get

He's already on loan at St. Mirren. Not to mention he's on an obscene amount of money in Netherlands and he's never going to be playing in the Championship.

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

For those few who still bizarrely don’t rate McIver I hope it’s now completely clear just how important he is to us! He’s arguably our best player. 

Not our best player but given the make up of our squad probably the most important.