The Falkirk FC Thread

Problem is Houston is to stubborn to release any of his failed signings as that involves admitting they were pretty shit.

This is going to be a long month watching other clubs invest while we sit and hope for some movement.

You can't just release players under contract midway through a season without expecting a pay off of some form. Not as easy as you think. Sooner that people accept this season is gone, even if we did invest, the better.

The thing is we don't actually need any more numbers in the squad we've already got too many first team players imo. However it's Houstons signing policy and the severe lack of balance in the squad that's the problem. I've never got much good to say about the board but in this occasion they are right not to release more funds to bloat our squad further. We've got plenty deadwood in the squad and removing that really should be Houstons priority.

In the summer he must've known when Vaulks left that he only had enough money to bring in one more player. For him to make that John Rankin at the time looked a horrendous decision and has been proved to be so. His signings are absolutely baffling at times.

The thing is we don't actually need any more numbers in the squad we've already got too many first team players imo. However it's Houstons signing policy and the severe lack of balance in the squad that's the problem. I've never got much good to say about the board but in this occasion they are right not to release more funds to bloat our squad further. We've got plenty deadwood in the squad and removing that really should be Houstons priority.

In the summer he must've known when Vaulks left that he only had enough money to bring in one more player. For him to make that John Rankin at the time looked a horrendous decision and has been proved to be so. His signings are absolutely baffling at times.

Couldn't word it any better on how I feel about this situation.

BOD quite right on this occasion. Houstie's had money and wasted it on poor and unecessary acquisitions. Trust is gone. This, combined with his inability to match the players he has to even a remotely workable formation, means he has to go.

I would buy that if they remotely looked like getting shot. Doing nothing but posturing is not the way to go

Anyone else think Houston might walk. Did he not do the same at Utd when the board wouldn't back him. After his outburst at the fans on Saturday it looks like he is starting to get frustrated.

10 minutes ago, ditots said:

Anyone else think Houston might walk. Did he not do the same at Utd when the board wouldn't back him. After his outburst at the fans on Saturday it looks like he is starting to get frustrated.

Have been beginning to think this, I wouldn't be suprised if he walks at the end of the season despite being contracted for longer. Last couple of months he appears to me to be cutting the figure of a man who is a bit fed up.

If Houston is not too proud there's a decent number of players who could plausibly go out on loan....Watson, Rankin or McHugh to name a few. None playing a major role in our team but could do a job for most Championship sides.

Sign a right winger/midfielder with the wages and we have a balanced team with decent squad depth.

Had a tit for tat with a few fans in the home stand. Comments about his signings etc. His response was pretty unprofessional aswell.

He is quite right to tell the MS to do one. Full of c***s (not exclusively) who would not know a football from an orange.

Have been beginning to think this, I wouldn't be suprised if he walks at the end of the season despite being contracted for longer. Last couple of months he appears to me to be cutting the figure of a man who is a bit fed up.

I guess we don't know the full story behind the scenes. One thing I do know Ronnie Bateman is a huge loss. I didn't agree with him on everything but he ran a tight ship and worked well with Houston.

Our absentee Chairman has the personality of a sloth on cannabis and the football knowledge to go with it.

Having sat in front of him at a game when Pressley was in charge at Kirkcaldy one day it is disgraceful he is the Chairman. He constantly hurled abuse at young players who had just come into the team like they were hardened pros. This apparently was his true form from who I was told by some who sat near him in the MS, it was not as if he was just full of sherry on the day. He is the sort of man who has had his past financial misdemeanours in Parliament removed. Says it all really.

The club is flat and it need an injection of life from somewhere. The current bunch in charge including the manager give me little confidence they can do it.

So the Board should just sit and let him stew? Or should they get shot? Surely letting the impasse go on effects our play off chances?

They can see the team deficiencies like us all. If we fail to get to the play offs then for me the Board carry the can. They have it in their hands to either back the manager, help him clear people out (which may cost money) or get shot of him. Doing nothing is not an option.

L

Having sat in front of him at a game when Pressley was in charge at Kirkcaldy one day it is disgraceful he is the Chairman. He constantly hurled abuse at young players who had just come into the team like they were hardened pros.

This is what I want from our leader. More of this please.

He is quite right to tell the MS to do one. Full of c***s (not exclusively) who would not know a football from an orange.

Generally I try and skip over ur posts but sometimes just like a car crash I can't help myself but look! This really what you think? This the opinion you have of a large percentage of fans of the club or is it what I hope is just ur attempt at keyboard controversy.

Obviously I'm expecting an equally well thought out & rationale response but thought I'd start the New Year with an attempt to understand all points of views.

I'm sure you don't give a [emoji90] for my view but the comments directed towards Houston were hardly harsh or scathing and to be met with such aggression & anger not what I want from my manager. I can think of very few jobs in which a comment/complaint is responded with such a response.

Generally I try and skip over ur posts but sometimes just like a car crash I can't help myself but look! This really what you think? This the opinion you have of a large percentage of fans of the club or is it what I hope is just ur attempt at keyboard controversy.

Obviously I'm expecting an equally well thought out & rationale response but thought I'd start the New Year with an attempt to understand all points of views.

I'm sure you don't give a [emoji90] for my view but the comments directed towards Houston were hardly harsh or scathing and to be met with such aggression & anger not what I want from my manager. I can think of very few jobs in which a comment/complaint is responded with such a response.

It was tongue in cheek. Sorry if it touched a nerve [emoji6]

Tam Scobbie, Paul Paton and £50k for Peter Grant sounds like a decent deal for you lot. Happy we're doing business yet again.

Hey!!!
I sit in the MS for goodness sake, was great to see the SPFL introduce that new lightweight ball on Saturday, the 'Jaffa elite' [emoji3]

TBF, Mitre or Jaffa, no f**cker was stopping Commons goal on Saturday. Could have put every championship GK along the line and I doubt they would have been able to stop it from bulging the net.

What a goal!