The Falkirk FC Thread

Well no because putting someone on a subs bench is pretty far down the list of reactionary measures by any standards

It is reactionary measure when it is based on your assessment of him being 'roasted' yesterday.

"we cant allow a player to take a roasting like that and do nothing"

You can try and twist it to argue that your assessment based over a longer period but not what you said at all. If you can't see that then I'm at a loss how I can explain it more clearly. Also if you don't see that or accept it then there is no surprise you can't get why what you are doing flys in the face of your earlier post.

I'm going to try and be positive after yesterday's shitemare.

Our next 4 league games are Dumbarton, Dunfermline, QuId and Brechin. All of them should be games we can win and if we do 12/15 would be a decent start for us.

I would hope that Taiwo starts in place of Kerr next week and unsure how long Loy is out for.

If Sibbald does sign on them he will hopefully be ready in 2 - 3 weeks.

Big month ahead.

COYB.

Sorry but that's shite. We should have had a back up for a teenage laddie. In the future we shouldn't make that mistake again. Not one part of that is overreaction, nor does it fly in the face of anything I have said. If anyone is twisting my words here it is you. I think my meaning was very clear.

Aye very good [emoji106] You think the meaning was clear & so do I. However what that meaning was is very different. As I said several posts ago there is not much to debate. I was happy to settle for that but back you come, again. What is the big deal?

42 minutes ago, PipoIsABairn said:

So one of my mates put a tenner on Austin to score anytime yesterday. Wakes up this morning and finds the bet is listed as lost. Gets in touch with Bet365 and they tell him Hippolyte was the official SPFL feed scorer and they have settled the bet on that basis. He then links them to the mountains of evidence that Austin was the scorer but they point blank refuse to pay out. Anyone come across this before? He's absolutely furious. 

AFAIK the official scorers are reported by an employee of the Associated Press and apparently what they say goes, even if they are irrefutably in error.

Similar thing happened last season in the 5-0 game at home to Raith when bookies refused to pay out in-play bets on Stevie Mallan as "next scorer" because the fanny at AP said his direct free kick at goal (which took a slight deflection but was on target regardless) was an OG.

31 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

AFAIK the official scorers are reported by an employee of the Associated Press and apparently what they say goes, even if they are irrefutably in error.

Similar thing happened last season in the 5-0 game at home to Raith when bookies refused to pay out in-play bets on Stevie Mallan as "next scorer" because the fanny at AP said his direct free kick at goal (which took a slight deflection but was on target regardless) was an OG.

Not as cut and dried but I had a similar blow out a few years with William Hill where I backed Celtic - 1 and Celtic to Qualify and got put out before the result was overruled and they were awarded the match 3-0. I chanced my arm on the handicap but felt it was irrefutable that I should have been paid out on Celtic to Qualify as try had done so. 

Told that they pay on the original decision and it's final. I was absolutely seething. 

@pipothebairn  With your mate, it's a lot more clean cut. Tell him to take the case to the Gambling Commission or IBAS as it's a clear case of mistaken identity and should irrefutably be paid out on. 

Edited by djchapsticks

30 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Not as cut and dried but I had a similar blow out a few years with William Hill where I backed Celtic - 1 and Celtic to Qualify and got put out before the result was overruled and they were awarded the match 3-0. I chanced my arm on the handicap but felt it was irrefutable that I should have been paid out on Celtic to Qualify as try had done so. 

Told that they pay on the original decision and it's final. I was absolutely seething. 

@pipothebairn  With your mate, it's a lot more clean cut. Tell him to take the case to the Gambling Commission or IBAS as it's a clear case of mistaken identity and should irrefutably be paid out on. 

I shall pass on the advice, cheers.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Morgan doesn't rely primarily on his pace. He's got plenty of ability. 

That may be the case but the fact is he didn't need to even use that ability yesterday. I never saw any dancing feet, step overs cuts inside. All he had to do was kick the ball and run after it and then cross the ball. There was no tackle coming in and no physical pressure on him. As I said in another post I would've had more sympathy for Gallacher if he'd been beaten constantly by brilliant skill .

44 minutes ago, BigSpow said:

My opinion on TG is he's not committing to challenges as he doesn't want to get injured before moving at the end of the window.

Whose going to sign him playing like that? Let's face it if he was all he's cracked up to be Swansea wouldve signed him by now plus he can go for only compo next summer as we've not bothered getting him signed up on a new contract.  At the moment if someone offered a couple of 100k I'd bite their hand off and sign a decent left back.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Whose going to sign him playing like that? Let's face it if he was all he's cracked up to be Swansea wouldve signed him by now plus he can go for only compo next summer as we've not bothered getting him signed up on a new contract.  At the moment if someone offered a couple of 100k I'd bite their hand off and sign a decent left back.

He'll be at Swansea soon enough.

Two things

1. He got absolutely no help from the guy in front of him.
2. He has two years left on his contract

The fact that our left back options are between a guy who has played 4 first team games for us and one who has played none is pretty ludicrous to say the least.

The is a huge over reaction to Gallacher on Saturday. We lost that game in the middle of the park. That is where this issue lies. The lad got no protection.

Gallacher will be fine this season - no worries from me on that front. He is a class act.

The is a huge over reaction to Gallacher on Saturday. We lost that game in the middle of the park. That is where this issue lies. The lad got no protection.

Gallacher will be fine this season - no worries from me on that front. He is a class act.

He was the worst player on the park and we lost two goals from crosses down that side. I'm not saying he's hopeless or anything like that but he was very very poor on Saturday.

He was the worst player on the park and we lost two goals from crosses down that side. I'm not saying he's hopeless or anything like that but he was very very poor on Saturday.

In your opinion. I would have put Kerr, Harris, Grant and the goalkeeper as worse especially considering relative experience. But hey ho

We lost one goal from a cross which the keeper palmed out to Smith. The first one he actually blocked a pass that bounced back to the player. Then Harris switched off. The third had nothing to do with Gallacher.

I think the point about having a full back on the bench is fair (not really sure what the argument is about tbh). It's something that every team should have on the bench every game instead of 3 strikers.
Gallachers performance was poor but I remember Kingsley having a couple of honking games before adapting to the pressures of the league. No point hanging him out to dry after 1 game. None of our preseason games had us against anyone who pegged us back or stopped us from attacking so Saturday seemed like a big shock for most of the team.

Totally agree specially with the last bit and thats where I felt the blame for it lies with Houston. To not have the players up for a full blooded encounter is criminal. They looked shell shocked and lost their heads in the second half.

Anyway no matter. Two games this week to sort it out. For all the ideas and discussion on here though, what is very clear is that Houston has some managing to do to straighten out a bit of a wobble. Thats what he is paid for so lets see how he goes about it.

Falkirk TV for me for the next 3 weekends. Sad face.

Not having the wound up for the game? We started like a house on fire. If motivation was the issue we would not have come
Out like that IMO. It was nothing to do with that. We had too many who just Disney perform after 30 minutes. For me it is more the failure to change shape/personnel when we were clearly struggling.

Kerr should have been replaced at HT. Also the howler from Thomson at the start of the second half completely knocked the confidence out of us.

Am not the best fan. But I would cheer them cos I fucking love my club.

I think you are doing yourself a disservice. I think you are the bestest fan in the whole wide world. You will cheer the players no matter who there are and all because you fucking love your club. [emoji106]

The only goal Gallacher wasnt involved in was the third. First goal he shepherds their player again no tackle. Yes harris should cut out the pass but the boy playing the pass needs to be put under more pressure. The second goal is a feck up by the keeper but again its far too easy for the cross to come in in the first place.

Our left back should be good enough to cope with a 20 year old winger running at him or he shouldn't be in the side in the first place. Hippo's job is to cover the fullback . He shouldnt be worrying about whats happening behind him. Second half we hardly saw him as an attacking force due to the problems happening behind him. Different if Gallacher was having to cope with two men but he couldnt handle morgan because he was too scared to put a tackle in. He never at any point even put in a decent foul on him which would at least have told morgan he was there. All he did was run alongside him and hope to block the cross which you cannot afford to do when your two or three yards off him. He should've been shoulder to shoulder . Gallacher may come good but we cant afford to see our chances of winning the league disappear over the horizon whilst we wait till that happens. This is supposed to be 'our time' not next season or the season after that .

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The only goal Gallacher wasnt involved in was the third. First goal he shepherds their player again no tackle. Yes harris should cut out the pass but the boy playing the pass needs to be put under more pressure. The second goal is a feck up by the keeper but again its far too easy for the cross to come in in the first place.

Our left back should be good enough to cope with a 20 year old winger running at him or he shouldn't be in the side in the first place. Hippo's job is to cover the fullback . He shouldnt be worrying about whats happening behind him. Second half we hardly saw him as an attacking force due to the problems happening behind him. Different if Gallacher was having to cope with two men but he couldnt handle morgan because he was too scared to put a tackle in. He never at any point even put in a decent foul on him which would at least have told morgan he was there. All he did was run alongside him and hope to block the cross which you cannot afford to do when your two or three yards off him. He should've been shoulder to shoulder . Gallacher may come good but we cant afford to see our chances of winning the league disappear over the horizon whilst we wait till that happens. This is supposed to be 'our time' not next season or the season after that .

As much as Morgan is a great winger and has tore much better defenders to shreds, your left back barely put a tackle in.. Morgan was just strolling by him.. surely at some point you need to at least foul him.

Edited by irvine_buddie