The Falkirk FC Thread

I'm coming to the game on Sunday, what are the best pubs nearest the ground then? :)

The Mill Inn. It's a sophisticated yuppys bar about a 5 minute walk from the stadium. Excellent beer selection from all over the world and a warm welcome from the regulars. :)

Edited by wee_bairn

The Mill Inn. It's a sophisticated yuppys bar about a 5 minute walk from the stadium. Excellent beer selection from all over the world and a warm welecome from the regulars. :)

Do NOT listen to this advice. the WELECOME :P is anything but warm ;)

Do NOT listen to this advice. the WELECOME :P is anything but warm ;)

I had edited that before your post, unlucky ffcsam ;) In all honesty, I'd definitely stick to the town centre. BTW is your best bet and they possibly will be running a bus to and from the stadium as they do on league days? Either that or the amarillo bar in the stadium.

If you're really going to choose a club with sporting integrity, then there's only one, Stranraer, who voted no to Div 3 and Div 1. The rest fiddled the rules by not opening up the place to all applicants and demanding 3 years accounts.

That wasn't a rule.

Raith have refused to say how they voted by the way.

I trust Turnbull Hutton. I do not trust either Martin Ritchie or David White.

HB, I know you've explained this before, but why do you no longer consider yourself a Falkirk fan?

Well, I said I would never be back if Pressley was given another year. And I am, amongst my many other faults, a man of my word. So I was never going to go to see Falkirk again, which removes a lot of the "ownership" of a team a fan feels.

The board's disgraceful "come and get us" statements in the lead-up to the Sevco vote and their refusal since to counter the suggestion they voted "Yes" means I no longer wish to be associated with the club, even in very broad terms.

Well, I said I would never be back if Pressley was given another year. And I am, amongst my many other faults, a man of my word. So I was never going to go to see Falkirk again, which removes a lot of the "ownership" of a team a fan feels.

The board's disgraceful "come and get us" statements in the lead-up to the Sevco vote and their refusal since to counter the suggestion they voted "Yes" means I no longer wish to be associated with the club, even in very broad terms.

Fair enough, especially on the Sevco thing. must admit to being a bit conflicted over that.

Yeah, would agree with this. Bit pricey but a nice shop and at the right end of town. Just walk down the hill and you're there.

Avoid the Peroni on draught......I thot I was buying the glass too.....!!!

TBF, the orchard are not alone in the pricing of expensive Peroni on Draught......

The club has come on leaps and bounds from where we were from last season at this time, yep we lost a lot over the Elvis new contract but I think we won back a lot of the stayaways throughout the season of which was superb bringing the team back with the fans, the first time for a number of years

The end of the day, I dont like the fact in my opinion we have voted yes, but its like a female argument of being pointless and has made no difference with the vote of yes and at the end of the day my main support is what is on the park in any division we find ourselves in.

The boards over the years have done a hell of a lot more than this over the years to disappoint me and god knows over their thinking over this but I could never support another team in Scotland, I would just find myself visiting Tranmere Rovers a little more often if Falkirk Fc did not exist.....

A big season this one and as many other posters from other teams can see, we have potential to win this thing this season. We had no right to be where we were last season but this season we have a real chance. The end of the day the real hardcore fans will act out the loser song of we will support you evermore.......

Looking well forward to this season, cup draws been good for us too so far......

I would just find myself visiting Tranmere Rovers a little more often if Falkirk Fc did not exist.....

What's it like? It's not too far from me, and I was thinking of going to the Brentford game to see how Farid's doing..

What's it like? It's not too far from me, and I was thinking of going to the Brentford game to see how Farid's doing..

Hmmm Cowdenbeath away or Tranmere v Brentford........

I could be tempted, my mate supports Brentford too, Tranmere a cracking club, supported them from way way back when we were in the old 4th Division and nearly heading to non league. I havent been down for a while, just been doing the Carlisle trips and one Carlisle trip by accident enroute home when I missed the train

I used to go in the Kop end, then by accident I fell into the main stand area then the Johnny King stand again by accident. I think I prefer the Johnny King stand as it remembers me of the old brockville days but on a seat.

A smashing club who have had more downs recently than ups since relegation from the coca cola league many moons ago now, seem to have turned a corner after getting Ronnie Moore back, tho we had a good start last season.

I was looking on Brenford sites earlier to to see how Farid is getting on, I could be tempted....

The Chairman returns from holiday on Friday and has promised to brief the Trust on his return.

We expect to understand the position from that meeting.

After that we will make a public statement.

Problably not what you wish to hear but the Chairman has promised this so we will give him that courtesy.

We repeat however that we will not change our view on how the club should have voted. No matter what we are told.

I take it you have a view by now? Or, if not, war has been declared on the current board who have shat on the trust and every single supporter who voted in your poll or e-mailed the club?

If war has been declared what do you suggest we do (not taking the piss) try a comunity takeover? would we have enough people and money to do so. Also as much as elvis isnt the most popular, who else do people have in mind to take a team of youngsters to the spl?

If war has been declared what do you suggest we do (not taking the piss) try a comunity takeover? would we have enough people and money to do so. Also as much as elvis isnt the most popular, who else do people have in mind to take a team of youngsters to the spl?

Jesus, no! If the fans got to decide things we would probably have ended up with Gus MacPherson instead of Pressley..

You either didn't really support Falkirk in the first place or an attention seeking fud.

You decide on what team you support to paraphrase Robin Day on transient, here-today and, if I may say so, gone-tomorrow football managers and board members?

I realise you are furiously interfering with yourself at the prospect of a debate all about you, Hopefully fellow Falkirk fans won't rise to any bait and look forward to you never discussing us ever again.

Now Fùck off!