The Falkirk FC Thread

I like Miller and Kerr but I'd be fairly happy if I didn't see them playing for us again. Great servants but I think having either of them in the side changes our game into some one dimensional play.

Glad to see the back of those floated crosses by Kerr that allowed the opposition all the time in the world to defend it.

Andy Rodgers saying on twitter that Hartley told Miller and Kerr on Xmas eve  they were dropped from the squad because they are a bad influence on the team. Also said he’s never heard anyone in the game have a good thing to say about Hartleys people skills. 

Hartley was known at Dens for having poor people skills. He's quite the odd little fellow. Very headstrong. Didn't really bother with people unless it was work related, not even niceties with the behind the scenes staff.

48 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Can't wait for tomorrow. Love being a bairn even in the worst of times the comeback is even sweeter. We obviously won' win the league this season but if we 

Sorry lads steak pie came out there. 

If we can keep the crowd numbers up and get behind the team if Hartley makes the changes needed then i think in a weird way we can enjoy the second half of the season if all we do is finish out of the relegation spots. 

Reckon Miller could still do a job in this Division? I've never been a huge fan of his, but we're choking for a striker and he would probably fit in with our style of play. 10 goals in the two season before this is a decent return too.

Andy Rodgers saying on twitter that Hartley told Miller and Kerr on Xmas eve  they were dropped from the squad because they are a bad influence on the team. Also said he’s never heard anyone in the game have a good thing to say about Hartleys people skills. 

Couple of fantastic servants to the club but if they were a disruptive influence then the manager had to act, there can be only one boss in the dressing room.
I don't doubt Hartley's soft skills are poor, the amount of players that he gets through is as clear an indication as you can get but ultimately he is paid to get results not make friends.

Guest Back Post Misses

Hartley was known at Dens for having poor people skills. He's quite the odd little fellow. Very headstrong. Didn't really bother with people unless it was work related, not even niceties with the behind the scenes staff.

Already heard that sort of thing is the same at Falkirk. He is there to do a job and if he does that I couldn’t give a monkeys.

He didn’t attend the ex-chairman’s golf day apparently. Wise lad IMO.

Already heard that sort of thing is the same at Falkirk. He is there to do a job and if he does that I couldn’t give a monkeys.

He didn’t attend the ex-chairman’s golf day apparently. Wise lad IMO.

On the other hand players like James McPake and Paul McGowan would run through brick walls for Hartley such was the bond he'd developed with them.

Hartley admitted he was a bit of a loner though in an interview: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/scotland/interview-dundee-boss-paul-hartley-relishes-his-boring-life-1-4195868

^^ That article is well worth a read if you want an insight into Paul Hartley.

Guest Back Post Misses

On the other hand players like James McPake and Paul McGowan would run through brick walls for Hartley such was the bond he'd developed with them.

Hartley admitted he was a bit of a loner though in an interview: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/scotland/interview-dundee-boss-paul-hartley-relishes-his-boring-life-1-4195868

[emoji106]

Guest Back Post Misses

Was speaking to a member of the staff who did say he was the hardest working person he had come across in a long time

Was speaking to a member of the staff who did say he was the hardest working person he had come across in a long time

I'm surprised his wife puts up with it. He attends literally every game possible.

He was obsessed with everything Dundee. I assume he's now the same with Falkirk but despite him deserving the bullet by the end of his spell at Dens I was a little bit sad as well as I know that we are unlikely to find someone as committed to improving a club as he was. He'd just burned too many bridges by the end, the players weren't playing for him and he admitted he'd ran out of ideas. Worked himself into the ground and couldn't see the wood for the trees.

Anyways, enough of me prattling on! All the best, particularly next Saturday!

Guest Back Post Misses

I'm surprised his wife puts up with it. He attends literally every game possible.

He was obsessed with everything Dundee. I assume he's now the same with Falkirk but despite him deserving the bullet by the end of his spell at Dens I was a little bit sad as well as I know that we are unlikely to find someone as committed to improving a club as he was. He'd just burned too many bridges by the end, the players weren't playing for him and he admitted he'd ran out of ideas. Worked himself into the ground and couldn't see the wood for the trees.

Anyways, enough of me prattling on! All the best, particularly next Saturday!

Tomorrow is a biggy for us Bairns.

18 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Nae wonder he goes through staff and players if they have to do that. I'd get out quick too.

2 hours ago, BountyBairn said:

One game does not make a season, but were you there on Saturday? Vastly improved performance over the utter drivel served up so far this season. Longridge and Tumility I felt were among the best players on the park. Both Hartley signings.

unfortunately I had to work and only caught the second half on FTV- all reports read indicate we looked substantially better, however it was against a team of mediocre journeymen and as youve indicated, one game doesn't change the story - This is the first time I've heard people be positive about the Hartley signings and I sincerely hope it wasn't just a flash in the pan! 

Edited by some_guy

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Sad to see them go but their time was up. Let's get behind Hartley especially for tomorrow's game.

Interesting article. Certainly when Hartley was at Alloa the dressing room seemed to be a strong one and the players really played for him - of course that's a different situation to clubs like Dundee and Falkirk.

I encountered the man a few times during his Alloa tenure and he was certainly a bit different. Clearly not the most open person and not comfortable with social chat. At times he was a bit scary. Definitely has a charisma about him.

1 minute ago, wee_bairn said:

Does the lack of signings today mean we are potentially going to start the match tomorrow with Alex Harris up top? 

That thought has ruined my night.

I imagine/hope we'll have an announcement in the morning. Or we announce our signings as they come out of the tunnel tomorrow bursting through some smoke WWF style.