The Falkirk FC Thread

best players? dont get me wrong sibbs can be a cracking player on his day but for me it would be no great loss to the team if he was to go, could get another player with similar capability but alot more hunger for the game
No we couldnt.

2 minutes ago, AGPar said:

I agree a question needs to be asked. I disagree with the content of the question and the identity of the party who should be answering it. Those who purport to run the club, and not the team manager, should be explaining why a legally binding option to retain a valuable playing asset for a further year has not to date been taken up. All other questions are utterly irrelevant. Those telling Sibbald to GTF or to stop messing around should go for a long swim in the sea. Why, when the power in this instance lies with the club, is he even able to GTF is what needs to be answered.

Do you know the ins and outs of his contract? Unfortunately it is not an ask the board night but ask the manager. Who in this case I'm sure, rightly or wrongly, should answer these questions because I'm pretty sure he would have asked them himself. 

Might need to log out and not return until the start of the Betfred cup games if I've got to read through this shite daily..

Seriously though, from a highly respectable source on the inside, I heard that after conversation stalled between Sibbs and Hartley, Hartley then resorted to standing on his chair and repeatedly saying 'Milk, Lemonade, Chocolate' in front of Sibbs in order to break the silence.

Edited by Chinatoon Bairn

11 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Do you know the ins and outs of his contract? Unfortunately it is not an ask the board night but ask the manager. Who in this case I'm sure, rightly or wrongly, should answer these questions because I'm pretty sure he would have asked them himself. 

No, but I know how a contractual option works, and that, properly enacted upon, it would have been a smooth procedure and this debate would not even be taking place. I also know for a fact that Hartley is unhappy to say the least at potentially losing pretty much the only little bit of creativity he has in his squad for nowt. Neither Sibbald nor Hartley are the problem here. Those seeking to blame the player, or some "greedy agent" in the background, are a million miles wide of the mark.

Hartley said at the last meet the manager night that the deadline for agreeing to contracts was the Friday of that week and yet here we are how many weeks later and we still don't know what the feck is happening.  That reeks of last season all over again.  Currently neither the manager or bod are exactly coming up rosey when it comes to this whole thing. 

1. If your going to force someone into agreeing to an option when signing a contract then ensure you envoke this option or its just wasted everyones time.

2. If your going to set deadlines for players to sign so as not to leave us hanging then stick to the bloody deadlines or you just look stupid.

3. Keep the fans informed so that the rumour mill doesn't go in full flow with people spouting all sorts of pish including me.

Whilst Sibbald hasn't done anything wrong I will be extremely pissed off if I find him playing against us this season and the bod will have a lot of questions to answer for if that comes to fruition.  If he moves on to the top flight or down south then good luck to him but lets not hang about whilst he sorts himself out.

Edited by Shodwall cat

39 minutes ago, kyleffc said:
58 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

well i 'hope' this isn't the case, quite like to hold onto our best players

best players? dont get me wrong sibbs can be a cracking player on his day but for me it would be no great loss to the team if he was to go, could get another player with similar capability but alot more hunger for the game

yep, one of our best players, can't believe that's even up for debate tbh

I've no problem with waiting for Sibbald a bit longer, it's not even June yet. How easy is it likely to be for us to have access to a player of that quality on the open market? I don't think we can let it rumble on as long as last year but if it takes till the middle of next month then so be it. 

I'd be forcing Sibbald to sign a contract as I just don't think we'd be able to replace him with anything like the same quality. It's all very well bringing in players who've never played first team football but it's going to be a long season if we're relying on them all making the step up.

'Fans' telling him to get to f**k need to get a grip.

I’ve not read all of the comments but I don’t think many are telling Sibbs to GTF. It does need sorted sooner rather than later though, especially in time for pre-season so that we have the best players as fit as can be.

Selfishly speaking I couldn’t give a monkeys about Sibbs career away from us but if he’s staying (as someone said, that shouldn’t be up for debate after the contract he signed) then I want him 100% fit & focussed for the season ahead. Not going for trials at all & sundry like last year.

37 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I've no problem with waiting for Sibbald a bit longer, it's not even June yet. How easy is it likely to be for us to have access to a player of that quality on the open market? I don't think we can let it rumble on as long as last year but if it takes till the middle of next month then so be it. 

Why are we waiting for him a bit longer though if we've got a feckin option?  What was the point of all the pissing about last summer  to get an option into his contract if we're then not going to bother invoking it.  If as Hartley says its because he only wants players 100% committed to FFC then the fact he hasnt signed up again by now tells us he's not so its time to move on to other options before they all sign up for other clubs and we're left with more Alex Harris's.  It's alright saying we don't want to enforce the option and have an unhappy player who doesnt really want to be here but they way its going just now if he eventually signs having hawked himself about the place we're going to end up with an unhappy player who doesnt want to be here anyway.

Why are we waiting for him a bit longer though if we've got a feckin option?  What was the point of all the pissing about last summer  to get an option into his contract if we're then not going to bother invoking it.  If as Hartley says its because he only wants players 100% committed to FFC then the fact he hasnt signed up again by now tells us he's not so its time to move on to other options before they all sign up for other clubs and we're left with more Alex Harris's.  It's alright saying we don't want to enforce the option and have an unhappy player who doesnt really want to be here but they way its going just now if he eventually signs having hawked himself about the place we're going to end up with an unhappy player who doesnt want to be here anyway.

You remind me of Shodwell Cat.....

How much stick would Sibbald get if he signed for United?

Seeing as he’s not a complete knob & would respect where he’s been, likely not a lot of stick.

Wee Crunchie went to Hibs and got almost none, even when he scored against us.

I always thought the option part of the contract was the player to invoke, not the club.

So if after a year he's like 'nah, this is shite', he can walk away and sign for someone else.

59 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Why are we waiting for him a bit longer though if we've got a feckin option?  

Maybe we've offfered two years, and if he turns that down we invoke the one year? Nothing to say it's the option specifically that he's considering.

23 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I always thought the option part of the contract was the player to invoke, not the club.

So if after a year he's like 'nah, this is shite', he can walk away and sign for someone else.

That's the thing, I do not know the specifics of his contract, much like everyone else on here. Which is why I dared to suggest the drying of frillys until we have some concrete clarity. 

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Hartley said at the last meet the manager night that the deadline for agreeing to contracts was the Friday of that week and yet here we are how many weeks later and we still don't know what the feck is happening.  That reeks of last season all over again.  Currently neither the manager or bod are exactly coming up rosey when it comes to this whole thing. 

1. If your going to force someone into agreeing to an option when signing a contract then ensure you envoke this option or its just wasted everyones time.

2. If your going to set deadlines for players to sign so as not to leave us hanging then stick to the bloody deadlines or you just look stupid.

3. Keep the fans informed so that the rumour mill doesn't go in full flow with people spouting all sorts of pish including me.

Whilst Sibbald hasn't done anything wrong I will be extremely pissed off if I find him playing against us this season and the bod will have a lot of questions to answer for if that comes to fruition.  If he moves on to the top flight or down south then good luck to him but lets not hang about whilst he sorts himself out.

We are still in May where I guess contracts are up in a few days time, Hartley wont wait long for Sibbs and it will be either signing or going sooner than later so I wont be getting my knickers in a twist over it, I am just pleased we didnt sign up Sean Welsh again......

47 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Seeing as he’s not a complete knob & would respect where he’s been, likely not a lot of stick.

Wee Crunchie went to Hibs and got almost none, even when he scored against us.

Aye but when crunchie moved we were going to be in different divisions as we'd just got relegated. It would be a bit of a kick in the balls if he went to another club in the championship and wouldn't reflect very well on Sibbald or our bod. Just imagine playing them in a playoff semi and him scoring the winner to keep us down another year after we didnt bother our arse envoking a contract extention.  He simply cannot be allowed to join another club in the championship its as simple as that.

20 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

That's the thing, I do not know the specifics of his contract, much like everyone else on here. Which is why I dared to suggest the drying of frillys until we have some concrete clarity. 

It was made clear at the meet the manager nights that we have the option and not Sibbald. 

Aye but when crunchie moved we were going to be in different divisions as we'd just got relegated. It would be a bit of a kick in the balls if he went to another club in the championship and wouldn't reflect very well on Sibbald or our bod. Just imagine playing them in a playoff semi and him scoring the winner to keep us down another year after we didnt bother our arse envoking a contract extention.  He simply cannot be allowed to join another club in the championship its as simple as that.

You remind me of Shadwell Dog...