The Falkirk FC Thread

You've signed a dozen or so players and apparently aren't even finished with the summer recruitment. They're not all going to gel straight away. Some might but others will take a few weeks, some months and a couple might not fit in at all. That's the chance you take when you totally overhaul the squad.
I think it's a big risk but you certainly can't judge anything until at *least* the first quarter of the season. As funny as it is to see Falkirk fans panicking, some of you need to chill.

Whilst I entirely agree with the points being made here, the issue that I have is that the change in club strategy, such as closing our academy, and signing all new players, etc, was with the specific intention of winning promotion this season....not next season or the season after.
We are not likely to achieve that if we make a slow start and allow our main rivals to develop a gap on us, as it takes time for the team to gel.
Therefore, are we saying that the whole strategy is flawed and we probably cannot achieve automatic promotion this season?
Ps. It’s not knicker wetting to question the strategy that the club has embarked upon this season. It may yet work but common sense says that POTM is correct and perhaps we need to lower expectations for this season anyway.

Guest Back Post Misses

Whilst I entirely agree with the points being made here, the issue that I have is that the change in club strategy, such as closing our academy, and signing all new players, etc, was with the specific intention of winning promotion this season....not next season or the season after.
We are not likely to achieve that if we make a slow start and allow our main rivals to develop a gap on us, as it takes time for the team to gel.
Therefore, are we saying that the whole strategy is flawed and we probably cannot achieve automatic promotion this season?
Ps. It’s not knicker wetting to question the strategy that the club has embarked upon this season. It may yet work but common sense says that POTM is correct and perhaps we need to lower expectations for this season anyway.

It has been said numerous times by PH, The Chairman and CC (when he was talking to the world) that the target was promotion THIS season. All the cost cutting behind the scenes which we haven't heard about (Finance, kitman etc) on top of the academy and under 20 decision was to get as much money as possible for the first team and to stop relying on the opium of selling players.

This strategy is not Hartley's it comes from CC and ML. If it goes wrong they should be in the firing line as much as PH. After all PH is their man and it was their plan.

8 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

9 days until the start of the new season - it takes 9 days to climb the North face of Mt Kilimanjaro.

Fucking lazy b*****d millennials, it'd take half that if they left avocados at home. 

9 hours ago, Falkirk_Bairn_1983 said:

Looks like Greenwood and Harris involved in goals going by the Twitter pics.

Will be interesting to see if Harris can play himself back into contention.

Greenwood looked delighted, didn't he?