The Falkirk FC Thread

Seems odd to criticise the signing. The lad has more footballing experience than Sammut, and lets face it, theres as much chance of him turning out our best signing as our worst. We just dont know.

Warming to it nicely here.

Eh no, he signed about 5 hours ago and he still hasn’t hit the ground running, how long are you prepared to give these young lads??

Eh no, he signed about 5 hours ago and he still hasn’t hit the ground running, how long are you prepared to give these young lads??
Had to read this about 5 times before concluding that you werent digging me up over it... Duly greenied.

4 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

2011 felt as raw as any. Think against Raith Rovers, we fielded the youngest side ever in Scottish professional history.

Think that accolade would go to the Dundee side who got beat 6-0? By Airdrie, think they fielded there u19s in protest at something. 

3 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Average age of the squad must be 22/23 at most.

Time to get rid of McKee and I think he’ll still be in the championship

I cant see all of Hartleys signings working out tbf its pretty much a given that if you sign 15 players at least a couple are not going to be a success. McKee although much maligned could yet still have a part to play, its doubtful but id rather have him still hanging around than Harris or Shepherd. 

I cant see all of Hartleys signings working out tbf its pretty much a given that if you sign 15 players at least a couple are not going to be a success. McKee although much maligned could yet still have a part to play, its doubtful but id rather have him still hanging around than Harris or Shepherd. 

It’s not so long ago that Lewis Kidd was public enemy number one, and whilst it’s true he’s hardly one of our most popular players he’s managed to play his way into first team contention.
I think McKee and O’Hara have the potential to do the same.
Sadly for Harris and Shepherd I think any hopes of that are long gone....

5 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

It’s not so long ago that Lewis Kidd was public enemy number one, and whilst it’s true he’s hardly one of our most popular players he’s managed to play his way into first team contention.
I think McKee and O’Hara have the potential to do the same.
Sadly for Harris and Shepherd I think any hopes of that are long gone....

I think for those two, any hopes of being a footballer have gone. Especially Harris. A guy who supposedly can play, willfully sitting in the reserves. 

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

3 days until the new season starts. The effects of smoking a single joint last 3 days. 

If there was a drug that could make me sleep for 3 days I'm all ears. Desperate for the ICT game.

9 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

In the old days if you had not scored a hatrick or stuck the boot into a fifer within 5 hours you would be sent to the Harris Shepherds Day Centre for failures

Just think, one day, mibbae soon, some wee Edinburgh City, Stenny or Dunfermline fan is going to be saying to their da on the way to a game "Is Shepps fit? Please tell me Shepps is playing the day??"

1 minute ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Just think, one day, mibbae soon, some wee Edinburgh City, Stenny or Dunfermline fan is going to be saying to their da on the way to a game "Is Shepps fit? Please tell me Shepps is playing the day??"

That's got to be one of the signs of the apocalypse along with someone saying i wish we had Alex Harris playing.

Cant help feeling he sounds a bit like what we've already got.  Sammut, TOE, Kidd, McKee and Irving. Was hoping for more of an Eddie May , Stuart Taylor like signing thats going to get forward a lot and score some goals. Will be interesting to see how he goes anyway.

He must have done alright at Berwick for Hearts to recall him in January and put him in the first team and forgot about the rule changes loaned players can still play for the reserves at their parent club, so no doubt we will be hoping he doesn't get injured in a Hearts reserve game