The Falkirk FC Thread

The thing is there are clear and obvious improvments to be made which, if Hartley sees them and makes them next week, I think we could be decent.

McGhee to RB, Robson to start. CH pairing from Aero Dallison or Harrison.

Drop Paton, start Greenwood, put Lewis up top with Haber.

I think its bordering on self explanatory.
Think we need to keep Paton in there. Didn't think he played that bad and gives a bit of dig that I think we would miss if he wasn't there. Irving for me looks our best cm based on his performance today.

Thought the full back 4 were quite poor today but they didn't cost us the game when you think about it. I would say we matched Inverness and a draw would have been a fair result. Inverness have mostly the same team that was performing well at the end of last season and they didn't look that great. We showed improvement again so hopefully that continues.

If Hartley deemed Greenwood to be fit enough I think he would've started. It's possible that Hartley isn't getting to play the style/formation due to injuries. Mackin may have started today and I think he would've played Brough too

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Thought we were truly awful today. Absolutely no creativity in that team at all and cannot see where goals will come from other than using our physicality at set pieces.

Defensively we look like a bombscare in the middle even though the concerns being raised on here appear to be about our lack of wingbacks.

Pass marks to Haber and Irvine. Harrison and Dallison are both a real concern.

The season has now officially started. Can we now stop talking about giving the team time to gel?

Looks a much poorer team than the one that ended last season.

Let’s hope for better on our bottom of the table clash with Thistle next week.

One player I do think could make a big difference is James Keatings who didn't make the squad for United today. For me, he'd offer more than Turner, O'Hara, McKee, Harris and Shepherd combined. He should be affordable too if they can be moved on.

Edited by EdiBairn

It’s clear Hartley wants his defenders 6ft+ units which I can understand but there’s no point sticking to that ideology if players are out of position. Robson simply should have started either at LB or as a wingback, that was Hartley’s mistake today especially when at no point did he come on. Defensively I would mainly place the blame on how Hartley set up but in an attacking sense that is 100% on the players. They got into positions in the final 3rd to put in a dangerous ball or finish a chance and the quality just wasn’t there. Hartley can’t put the ball in the net for them he can only set them up to get there, which I think he done.
Positives today would be Irving showing some real quality and Haber wins absolutely everything that’s lobbed his way. Signs are there and we don’t look too far off from clicking.
One final thing, I don’t give a flying f**k how experienced Paton is, he is the weak link in that team and needs dropped.

1 minute ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

It’s clear Hartley wants his defenders 6ft+ units which I can understand but there’s no point sticking to that ideology if players are out of position. Robson simply should have started either at LB or as a wingback, that was Hartley’s mistake today especially when at no point did he come on. Defensively I would mainly place the blame on how Hartley set up but in an attacking sense that is 100% on the players. They got into positions in the final 3rd to put in a dangerous ball or finish a chance and the quality just wasn’t there. Hartley can’t put the ball in the net for them he can only set them up to get there, which I think he done.
Positives today would be Irving showing some real quality and Haber wins absolutely everything that’s lobbed his way. Signs are there and we don’t look too far off from clicking.
One final thing, I don’t give a flying f**k how experienced Paton is, he is the weak link in that team and needs dropped.

Petra TOE Irving Greenwood is about as good as it will get this season I think.

3 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I’d rather see Sammut next to Irving but I’d be happy enough with that.

Yes I would like to see Sammut given an opportunity.

I was very impressed with Haber and Irving today and think Greenwood looked good when he came on. Petra also looks like with confidence he could do well too.

The defence is very slow which could cos us major issues against strikers with pace. 

I thought Paton had a decent if unspectacular game, put himself about and knows his limits. There were certainly much worse than him. Petravicius was atrocious, doesn't look like a footballer. His back to back corners in the second half - my word. Owen-Evans is like the world's worst Blair Alston. 

Also, we train on that pitch every day. The dimensions are fixed. If you're the corner taker, stay behind after training every day and take 50 from each side. We had about four players having a go at them today and every delivery was rotten. With the height we have that could be a crucial area for us. 

1 hour ago, EdiBairn said:

I think today showed we still lack quality. I'd be looking to accelerate efforts to get rid of Harris, McKee and Shepherd. I'd also try and cut Turner's loan short and move on O'Hara and Froxy because there's no point us having players who can't even make the bench. That should free up funds to bring in a few pieces of experience and quality.

There's no way he's getting shot of Froxy, he's only just signed the guy 

2 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Seen quite a few positive comments on Petravicius and he got a smattering of applause when he came round to the South Stand to warm down. Baffling.

Petravicius is a frustrating player. He's direct and has the pace to take men on but his end product is dreadful. Unfortunately, we don't really have any other options there other than Lewis Kidd.

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

There's no way he's getting shot of Froxy, he's only just signed the guy 

But equally there's no point in him being here if he's not even going to put him on the bench.

Edited by EdiBairn