The Falkirk FC Thread

We looked poor yesterday but there were a few glimpses of something better and I’m hopeful we’ll improve quite quickly.

As opposed to last season where it only looked like getting worse every week until Hartley came in.

It’s going to be a close league. Hang in there until the turn of the year and motor from there. 

Guest Back Post Misses
Don't think it's fair to compare Lewis for Jak when it's not our choice that he isn't here this season.

Also it's early to compare TOE with Sibbs but I can guarantee in some people's eyes he will never be as good as Sibbs was no matter what he does

Why is it not fair? We are comparing new players v Old. If he couldn’t get Jak get someone with similar ability. The Jak would fly off Haber’s service too.

Why is it not fair? We are comparing new players v Old. If he couldn’t get Jak get someone with similar ability. The Jak would fly off Haber’s service too.
I'm sorry but it's not exactly easy for a team like Falkirk to get someone of that ability

Guest Back Post Misses
I'm sorry but it's not exactly easy for a team like Falkirk to get someone of that ability

Ok, let’s just raise the white flag.

As might Lewis if he plays up front.

You seem to be going in pretty hard since yesterday.

30 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

We looked poor yesterday but there were a few glimpses of something better and I’m hopeful we’ll improve quite quickly.

As opposed to last season where it only looked like getting worse every week until Hartley came in.

It’s going to be a close league. Hang in there until the turn of the year and motor from there. 

I don't think fans will hang in there until the turn of the year to be honest.

Hartley has set out to do things his way and will be judged after 5 or 6 games imo.

It's about momentum, especially with so many new players. The energy, positive or negative, from the fans in the coming weeks will frame how this season pans out.

31 minutes ago, Bofabairn said:

I don't think fans will hang in there until the turn of the year to be honest.

Hartley has set out to do things his way and will be judged after 5 or 6 games imo.

It's about momentum, especially with so many new players. The energy, positive or negative, from the fans in the coming weeks will frame how this season pans out.

So basically you're saying if the fans decide the season is fucked after five games we're doomed?

Be as well burning the stadium down. 

Some of the shit on here since yesterday. I'm no longer of the opinion that a major stroke would be a bad thing. 

1 hour ago, Hughsie said:

Houston was given until the end of September by the BoD after finishing 2nd twice and getting to a cup final. The majority of fans wanted him gone by the end of August.

I'd be surprised if Hartley is given much longer. If we don't get anything on Saturday and then fail to beat Rangers and QoS, knives will be out.

Guest Back Post Misses
As might Lewis if he plays up front. 

You seem to be going in pretty hard since yesterday.

I was pretty disgusted at the performance and Hartley’s comments didn’t help IMO.

All the talk over the summer about quality and two 20 goals a season strikers looks nothing like hot air so far. Had we done well in the League Cup games I would be more hopeful time will turn it around.

Hartley starting to frustrate me. He made three defensive changes yesterday to cover the injury when he could slot in the best LB we have.

I really really hope I am wrong but I have a horrible feeling that this season is going to throw up another mid table finish at best.

Lots of rumours going about that behind the scenes it is not a happy place to go to work.

Just very despondent.

See thing is, all the fanfare when we making sighings is relatively easy. You come up with how you want to play, then execute at the keyboard. You know exaclty what’s going to happen, we’re signing a guy.

Now it comes down to affecting what happens on the pitch. Much harder. I would like to see some evidence of serious hard work from Hartley and the squad before Firhill. Show us that they care and are willing to bust a gut for us. 

There were some small signs of what we can do but much much more is needed from that squad for me to start feeling like they are ‘one of us’. 

2 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

So basically you're saying if the fans decide the season is fucked after five games we're doomed?

Be as well burning the stadium down. 

Some of the shit on here since yesterday. I'm no longer of the opinion that a major stroke would be a bad thing. 

I strongly believe the (disgraceful IMO) "Houston get to f**k" chants after the Livingston game last September forced the BoD's hand. 

Id hate for the same thing to happen again, but the fans certainly will have an influcence.

5 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Houston was given until the end of September by the BoD after finishing 2nd twice and getting to a cup final. The majority of fans wanted him gone by the end of August.

I'd be surprised if Hartley is given much longer. If we don't get anything on Saturday and then fail to beat Rangers and QoS, knives will be out.

Hartley needs a full season to be judged on, unless it's going spectacularly bad. We gave Houston two and a half seasons and we were still in the league after he left. There's little point forking out the money we have, then shitting the bed in August. If we sack a manager after two months, what half decent manager in their right mind is even going to look at the job? 

2 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

I strongly believe the (disgraceful IMO) "Houston get to f**k" chants after the Livingston game last September forced the BoD's hand. 

Id hate for the same thing to happen again, but the fans certainly will have an influcence.

Get a load of this guy.

Anyway, back on planet earth, Hartley has been backed by the board to rebuild the team. We’re one proper game into that rebuild. Yesterday was underwhelming and while we certainly didn’t look like title contenders, we competed well and probably should have got a point. Something to build on. Let’s judge this team a bit further down the line.

I was pretty disgusted at the performance and Hartley’s comments didn’t help IMO.

All the talk over the summer about quality and two 20 goals a season strikers looks nothing like hot air so far. Had we done well in the League Cup games I would be more hopeful time will turn it around.

Hartley starting to frustrate me. He made three defensive changes yesterday to cover the injury when he could slot in the best LB we have.

I really really hope I am wrong but I have a horrible feeling that this season is going to throw up another mid table finish at best.

Lots of rumours going about that behind the scenes it is not a happy place to go to work.

Just very despondent.

Is this your hangover talking?

It wasn't what was hoped for obviously but a wee bit early for despondency.

Get a load of this guy.
Anyway, back on planet earth, Hartley has been backed by the board to rebuild the team. We’re one proper game into that rebuild. Yesterday was underwhelming and while we certainly didn’t look like title contenders, we competed well and probably should have got a point. Something to build on. Let’s judge this team a bit further down the line.

100% this.

Some people seemingly writing off the season and some of the new players after 1 fucking league game. What an absolute riddy.

I think the obvious thing for me is that the last time we won this league I knew after 2 games that it was in the bag. We just looked so much better than the others. 

That's not this team. It's not a title winning squad. Might get pelters for that  as it's so early season, but it just isn't. Not hugely surprised by that tbh given the big turnover of staff. 

Could definitely still nick into the playoffs though. 

2 minutes ago, Russ said:

100% this.

Some people seemingly writing off the season and some of the new players after 1 fucking league game. What an absolute riddy.

He's had 10 games and in those games I don't see any progress am sorry but if Falkirk are not in the top 4 he and the current board have to go .