The Falkirk FC Thread

100% this.

Some people seemingly writing off the season and some of the new players after 1 fucking league game. What an absolute riddy.
Aye... When we havent won a first league game in how many years?

I can accept people being realistic about our chances of winning the title not actually being that high, but that same pragmatism should go the other way too. We werent great yesterday but we werent fucking honking either. We need to try and avoid a shite run then try an build momentum but its a long season and despondency seems pretty extreme.

Despondency is for when its pretty clear its NOT going to work or come together. We are a long way from making that assertion.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Aye... When we havent won a first league game in how many years?

I can accept people being realistic about our chances of winning the title not actually being that high, but that same pragmatism should go the other way too. We werent great yesterday but we werent fucking honking either. We need to try and avoid a shite run then try an build momentum but its a long season and despondency seems pretty extreme.

Despondency is for when its pretty clear its NOT going to work or come together. We are a long way from making that assertion.

I'll be down at the stadium first thing to start building my wickerman, who's with me? 

#sackthestadium. 

We will get a better idea after next week. I just hope Hartley sticks with a system and has the patience to see it through. Chopping and changing every week will get is no where.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the 352 resurface next week.

The two up front is the key to it. I think Hartley has recognised that Haber did plenty of good work, so he surely must also be aware that our failure to convert that to chances is because of him not having a partner.

The obvious partner is Dennon, who was playing left because Greenwood lack sharpness. Greenwood making a good cameo should be enough to get him a start and sort all of that out. You are then left with who makes up CM. Irving looking like #1 and someone else beside him.

The make up of the defence I cant explain as Tommy Robson would start every week for me. Admittedly I havent seen Brough yet.

But then again, I couldnt explain Aero to LB and Blues to RB at Tannadice last season so what do I know....

I strongly believe the (disgraceful IMO) "Houston get to f**k" chants after the Livingston game last September forced the BoD's hand. 
Id hate for the same thing to happen again, but the fans certainly will have an influcence.

Tbh, I think Houstie went because he had lost the players rather than just down to the negativity in the stands.
Feels like theres a bit more balance on here now than there’s been the last few weeks.
Is it possible that we will improve? Absolutely.
Can we still make the playoffs? Maybe.
Can we achieve our preseason strategy and win automatic promotion? Looking unlikely.
I get all the talk about players gelling but can we also remember that at the beginning of the year we made substantive changes to the team (yes not as substantive), and quickly went on to hump Dundee U 5-1?
We’ve played a few preseason friendlies, waived any chance of progressing from the League Cup to get ready for this season. Whilst there’s still gelling to be done we ought by now to be starting to see the fruits of our clubs preseason labours and whilst there are small branches it’s not quite near where it needs to be at the moment....

15 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I get all the talk about players gelling but can we also remember that at the beginning of the year we made substantive changes to the team (yes not as substantive), and quickly went on to hump Dundee U 5-1?

Ahem, 6-1

20 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The two up front is the key to it. I think Hartley has recognised that Haber did plenty of good work, so he surely must also be aware that our failure to convert that to chances is because of him not having a partner.

The obvious partner is Dennon, who was playing left because Greenwood lack sharpness. Greenwood making a good cameo should be enough to get him a start and sort all of that out. You are then left with who makes up CM. Irving looking like #1 and someone else beside him.

The make up of the defence I cant explain as Tommy Robson would start every week for me. Admittedly I havent seen Brough yet.

But then again, I couldnt explain Aero to LB and Blues to RB at Tannadice last season so what do I know....

Not sure why Robson didn't play yesterday, maybe Hartley doesn't fancy him defending in a back 4.

I've not been a fan of the 352 but now I'm thinking with the players we have it might be our best bet going forward. My team for Partick would be.

Fasan

Muirhead  Dallison Harrison

McGhee.                                                  Robson

Paton   TOE   Irving

Haber.   Lewis

I strongly believe the (disgraceful IMO) "Houston get to f**k" chants after the Livingston game last September forced the BoD's hand. 
Id hate for the same thing to happen again, but the fans certainly will have an influcence.

Of course they had to act. We were staring at the very real possibility of relegation or more likely finishing up in the play off spot in exceptionally poor form with a huge chance of going down.

I don’t for one minute fully blame Houston but he carries the can, likewise with Hartley (not that I feel he should be removed any time soon).

The players were taking the piss out of Houston & the club/fans as soon as they knew he was retiring. It didn’t change when Hartley came in either as the stench of failure was blinding in that dressing room.

Without Hartley’s intervention in January, Christ knows how worse last year would have been.

Folk gave Miller a standing ovation at Livi last January/February. I sat on my arse & my hands stayed in my pockets. Don’t deny what he did for us as a player in his spells but he and many others last year took the piss out of us. Houston’s name fitted into the GTF chants but it could easily have been most of that squads names.

This time last year out right hand side consisted of Gasparotto at right-back and Harris right-wing, we were sitting 9th without a win and were getting scudded by every c**t. So you can get this whole the undeserved sacking patter right in the fucking sea.

I think the obvious thing for me is that the last time we won this league I knew after 2 games that it was in the bag. We just looked so much better than the others. 

Did ye aye?

We got beat 2-0 away to St. Mirren and then drew 1 each at home to Hamilton. In the bag right enough.

He's had 10 games and in those games I don't see any progress am sorry but if Falkirk are not in the top 4 he and the current board have to go . 

Counting friendlies ffs [emoji23]

Last time we won this league we flew out the gates on the opening day. Starting to think the boo boys are right.

I absolutely love that Edi Bairn like this post.

16 minutes ago, Russ said:

This time last year out right hand side consisted of Gasparotto at right-back and Harris right-wing, we were sitting 9th without a win and were getting scudded by every c**t. So you can get this whole the undeserved sacking patter right in the fucking sea.

I didn't say the sacking was undeserved. He absolutely had to go, but I think the chanting was out of order.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

As might Lewis if he plays up front.

You seem to be going in pretty hard since yesterday.

You clearly enjoy it pretty hard though.

Lewis upfront, and you just behind him. Man to man marking. Stick tight to him

Oh dear, what a dirty tackle. Those hairy sacks of yours, do need a wash

1 minute ago, Bairnschild said:

You clearly enjoy it pretty hard though.

Lewis upfront, and you just behind him. Man to man marking. Stick tight to him

Oh dear, what a dirty tackle. Those hairy sacks of yours, do need a wash

What the f**k is this?