The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I agree. Hartley obviously wanted them but was smart enough to know what they were worth.

Had he offered them big money to stay, I'm sure the fans would be in uproar

Well, we've no idea if either of them will come good, but I'd rather have Greenwood and Petrevicius in the team, than longridge on the wages he wanted. Least if they are duds the midfield will be balanced! 

6 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I agree. Hartley obviously wanted them but was smart enough to know what they were worth.

Had he offered them big money to stay, I'm sure the fans would be in uproar

I wasnt too bothered about either of them not signing to be honest. Welsh showed very little and Longridge was inconsistant. However, thats all fine if the players your bringing in are a step up on those your letting go. I'm a long way from being convinced that a lot of our new signings are unfortunately.  TOE runs about a lot but doesnt seem to have much quality. The boy Greenwood looked far better in the short cameo he had . The main issues we have are out wide where Muirhead is nowhere near good enough at right back , mcghee is never a left back ,lewis is again never a left winger and petra is simply in the wrong sport. 

Easily enough sorted. McGhee RB, Muirhead centre half. Robson left back. Greenwood Left Wing. Lewis upfront. 

Now we need to play the ball in front of Petra for him to run onto and we are good to go. 

11 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Easily enough sorted. McGhee RB, Muirhead centre half. Robson left back. Greenwood Left Wing. Lewis upfront. 

Now we need to play the ball in front of Petra for him to run onto and we are good to go. 

Tell that to the manager though. His team selection on Saturday was utter gash. Our team formation and selection should've been formed and honed during preseason and league cup games.   We started on Saturday though with a back 4 that has hardly played together if at all and players like Lewis stuck at left wing where he had struggled to do anything in pre season. 

Edited by Shodwall cat

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Surely if he had really wanted to keep longridge and welsh they would still be here.  He obviously didnt see them as important enough to offer them what they were after. At the moment I'd have longridge over TOE any day of the week and petra looks as bad if not worse than Harris.  

Harris or Shepherd instead of Petra looks a better option, in fact Muirhead looks a better option !

I fear we will go looking for a draw on Saturday and play the same negative formation against a Patrick team that's in nowhere land who will probably match up formation creating another shitfest of a game.

The first two names on our team sheet for next week are players we signed in the last 9 days, the rest is a lottery

Since when was the league decided in August after 1 game ?. If the same thing is happening after 6 games in then it might and i mean might be a bit concerning but its one game you would think the world was just about to end.

8 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Not sure where this idea that the board have thrown money at the manager comes from. If that were the case Sibbald, Longridge and Welsh (groan) would still be with us and several of the new players would have been far better quality.

Well we're supposed to have one of the biggest budgets we've had since we came down to this league for starters as stated by the bod. Surely the whole idea of ditching the academy was to increase the first team budget for the manager or am I missing something here. Both of those point to us having a bigger budget than we have had in previous years . Sibbald was never going to stay no matter how much we offered him and the other two were obviously seen as squad players by the manager or he would've offered them enough money to stay. He obviously felt that he could get better players in though as starters.  

I dont think anyone really wanted to keep welsh and I wasnt desperate to hold on to Longridge but then again I presumed the players we would be replacing them with would be a lot better. Only time will tell if that is indeed the case but I'm certainly not convinced by their showings up to now. 

Early days yes but its difficult not to have concerns over them managers tactics and recruitment so far.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Since when was the league decided in August after 1 game ?. If the same thing is happening after 6 games in then it might and i mean might be a bit concerning but its one game you would think the world was just about to end.

So if we provide exactly the same level of performance in our next 5 games you MIGHT be a bit concerned?
Mind boggling.

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

So if we provide exactly the same level of performance in our next 5 games you MIGHT be a bit concerned?
Mind boggling.

About as mind boggling as writing off the season after two games I'd suggest.

About as mind boggling as writing off the season after two games I'd suggest.

Do show me where anyone has written off our season? Showing concern as we have not played well and obvious mistakes are being made ain’t a crime you know....

Well we're supposed to have one of the biggest budgets we've had since we came down to this league for starters as stated by the bod. Surely the whole idea of ditching the academy was to increase the first team budget for the manager or am I missing something here. Both of those point to us having a bigger budget than we have had in previous years . Sibbald was never going to stay no matter how much we offered him and the other two were obviously seen as squad players by the manager or he would've offered them enough money to stay. He obviously felt that he could get better players in though as starters.  
I dont think anyone really wanted to keep welsh and I wasnt desperate to hold on to Longridge but then again I presumed the players we would be replacing them with would be a lot better. Only time will tell if that is indeed the case but I'm certainly not convinced by their showings up to now. 
Early days yes but its difficult not to have concerns over them managers tactics and recruitment so far.

You are missing something, the BOD spun a line and you believed it.

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Do show me where anyone has written off our season? Showing concern as we have not played well and obvious mistakes are being made ain’t a crime you know....

You, in the Partick Thistle match thread.

I can certainly see the possibility of us being in the lower half of the table this season if we don’t pick up anything here

Sounds a bit like writing the season off to me.

8 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

You are missing something, the BOD spun a line and you believed it.

You only have to look at the size of squad to know that our budget is pretty substantial this season.We've got a squad of nearly 30 players .Players arent going to relocate  from down south for peanuts  . I would be amazed if the budget Hartley has isnt about the biggest after  the first season we came down.

Edited by Shodwall cat

On 25/07/2018 at 13:29, Poet of the Macabre said:

You've signed a dozen or so players and apparently aren't even finished with the summer recruitment. They're not all going to gel straight away. Some might but others will take a few weeks, some months and a couple might not fit in at all. That's the chance you take when you totally overhaul the squad.

I think it's a big risk but you certainly can't judge anything until at *least* the first quarter of the season. As funny as it is to see Falkirk fans panicking, some of you need to chill.

Posted this a couple of weeks ago but it still applies. Calm doon.

The one bright spot about this league is the same as the fear factor bit about it.

It's a ton of teams that look much of a muchness. That means no one is likely to be much worse or better than us. 

Anything from about 2nd to 2nd bottom looks feasible. 

Tight as f**k. Will be little things like that disallowed goal and last minute winners that make a huge difference.

Posted this a couple of weeks ago but it still applies. Calm doon.

Definitely, the state some are getting in is mental. The game on Saturday was an absolute bore fest, however if our phantom goal had stood, I genuinely believe we’d have kicked on and won the game. Some people are having a flakey over f**k all. Seeing talk of our season down the drain already :lol: