The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
Surely the whole idea of ditching the academy was to increase the first team budget for the manager or am I missing something here.

You are missing something. keeping the Academy would have meant a budget reduction. The budget (as Hartley stated two days after the “biggest ever budget announcement”) is much the same as Houston had.

Guest Back Post Misses
The budget chat is pointless. We'll no know the truth of that until the accounts are out in what January? Tend to agree with Barnardo though, none of these guys have been signed with a pedigree . I doubt (and hope not) were paying more than we have in recent years for our Houston jobbers. 
If we smash these luvvies on Saturday last weekend will be a distant memory. 
Mon boys..

You won’t know the size of this seasons budget till a year come November when the account for this financial year are published

14 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

You are missing something. keeping the Academy would have meant a budget reduction. The budget (as Hartley stated two days after the “biggest ever budget announcement”) is much the same as Houston had.

So as I've been trying to get over, the biggest budget ever is a drop in overall expenditure? IE, if we hadn't axed the academy, we'd have been on a budget par with QoS?

Guest Back Post Misses
Just to put things into a bit of perspective here we have effectively had since middle of Jun  with players arriving up until the start of the season  given we had the basis of the team there minus 3 arriving 2 weeks prior to season kick off 
so basically not saying all of the team but in 720 minutes of playing together they should beready , what was it 2009 was the last time we won an opening day game.

I saw a team on Sunday play with 10 men for 80 minutes, restrict their opponents to one shot all game and 6 out of that 10 were making their league debut.

Don’t tell me we shouldn’t be further forward than we are. Not looking for perfection but at least some sort of style of play and players playing where their best positions are would be a start.

Guest Back Post Misses
Time for a wee reminder that plenty on here were saying Robson and Nelson were shite after 1 (one) game when they joined.

ONE. FUCKING. GAME

Can you not count? We have had 5 competitive games. Outside the steady way we played in Perth we have been shite in every game. We lost to Montrose who have won one game since and Forfar tore us to bits for 45 minutes and deserved some sort of result.

Hartley may well have been right to give lots of players game time but surely mix them about into 1 or 2 formations at most and in the positions they are most comfortable in?

I will set another task to everyone guess the team this weekend. Not what you would pick but what Hartley will pick and lets see how many are correct.

To start here is what I will go for

Fasan

McGhee Muirhead Dallison Robson

Sammut Paton Irving

Lewis Haber Greenwood

Can you not see? You can call those games competitive if you want but all evidence points to the fact that we binned it off.

Whether you agree with that decision or not, you cant deny its what was done.

The challenge cup is competitive football. Will you be attending against Sevco Colts and expecting a full team out?

Guest Back Post Misses
Can you not see? You can call those games competitive if you want but all evidence points to the fact that we binned it off.

Whether you agree with that decision or not, you cant deny its what was done.

The challenge cup is competitive football. Will you be attending against Sevco Colts and expecting a full team out?

No as I live in the south and my trip to the game Saturday cost me 2 nights in a hotel, £60 on fuel and a shitload on beer.

And PS a thick head Sunday

PPS f**k off Piracy

10 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

The problem for me is that the bod have thrown all our eggs now into the promotion basket.  We've got a pretty big  squad for a club our size and bringing players up here from down south wont have been cheap.  We've now no academy sales to fall back on  so I wouldnt like to see our profit and loss figures if we don't go up. Playoffs to me were easily enough achievable under the last structure with the academy providing cash to help and us not going bust. The new structrure has to provide results now as we won't be able to bleed cash without promotion for very long.

Big squad, what sort of numbers are we talking? I’m sure it was around 20 first team players, hardly massive considering you need 11 plus subs. So only a few can be injured or suspended at once before we’re looking to reserve players to fill first team match day squad.

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Regarding lineups, is Paton likely to be a seething red card waiting to happen if he plays?

Not on Saturday. He'll be reminiscent of Patrick Viera in his prime as he cuts through our powderpuff midfield...:green

1 minute ago, jagfox99 said:

Not on Saturday. He'll be reminiscent of Patrick Viera in his prime as he cuts through our powderpuff midfield...:green

More like an angry Keane faced with a startled Inge Haland.

The talk of your midfield being soft is infuencing who I want to start tbh. Just not sure whether Paton will keep the head agaisnt a former club.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

The talk of your midfield being soft is infuencing who I want to start tbh. Just not sure whether Paton will keep the head agaisnt a former club.

We don't have anyone with the gumption to wind the p***k up. We're too nice and soft as shite. He should be fine unless someone hits him with a pie :lol:

I feel some fans may be underestimating how difficult it is for a brand new team to gel
Just comparing us to Inverness of last season who did something similar to what we are doing this season...they brought in something like 12 players 7 of them were not from the Scottish leagues,  and it took them time to get up to speed and gel.
There first quarter results below
image.thumb.png.619ce5729301c861c7b080505c94c9de.png
The next quarter they won 5 of the 9 games which isnt bad
Have a look at the final round of games. 
image.png.f4bbf760605a076624b0c4bb137a2bac.png

That’s exactly why you can’t afford a bad start. Our first 7 games ruined any chance of going for the title/play offs.

I know it’s only one game but if the league pans out like it did last season you really only have 4 or 5 games to start picking up points. Anymore than that and you are probably out of it.

Especially since our run of form at the end of the season is very bloody difficult to do in this league.