The Falkirk FC Thread

The only glimmer of hope for Hartley is that his panic signings have been significantly better than his considered ones.

If he stays, then he has to be allowed to make panic signings again. It’s his only chance.

my biggest concern is that he thinks hard work is going to fix it. He doesn’t seem to grasp that some of these players are completely out of their depth, and are just not good enough. I was prepared to accept Muirhead’s continued presence on the basis that he would be our worst player. Sadly, he’s probably our second or third best, and he is awful.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

6 hours ago, Gaz said:

I was all for giving him time, but obviously wanted improvement.

There isn't any. We gave Houston too long last season. Hell, there's a convincing argument we wouldn't be in this position at all if we hadn't given May too much time all those years ago.

I think it goes back to giving Totten too long.

11 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Totten carried us before he made the move upstairs. Falkirk man through and through. He gave us a cup final against the odds. Better than the pish Hartley is serving up.

Edited by bairney

Just now, bairney said:

Totten carried us before he made the move upstairs. Falkirk man through and through. He gave us a cup final against the odds. Better than the push Hartley is serving up.

He did stay a season too long though and should've called it a day earlier. Only Airdries demise saved us.

5 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Wrong wrong wrong. Dobbie could have stayed playing in England. He wanted to play for his hometown club, not anyone else. We would never have gotten his signature. When he signed for Queens, just about everyone outside the OF wanted him.

We are not his hometown club and he was raised a Rangers fan.

But yes, I dont think he would play for anyone else in Scotland other than probably Rangers if they had asked him two years ago.

I’ve tried to stay open minded re Hartley throughout as I was only convinced by him after the 6-1 thrashing of the dabs. I was never in the club to change my avatar to a Hartley pic for example.

However, I’m going to disagree with those calling for Hartley’s head after three games. It’s pretty clear the England experiment has gone pear shaped and I think Hartley’s been aware of that for weeks. I don’t think (could be wrong) he’ll be trusting our scout down south for anymore signings.

Arguably, he’s realised the problem and actually managed to bring in a bit better quality in Irving and Haber. But it’s too late to make us decent this side of Christmas.

I’d give him a few more games to prove us all wrong maybe on the basis that it took him some time to get the team moving last season. I think we had around 8 points at Christmas and tbh I struggle to see us doing much better given the next three are Ross County, Ayr and Dundee U followed by key games away to Alloa and Dunfermline at home. Honestly if we could get 7 points from that 5 I’d bite your hand off right now. If he did, I’d consider giving him more time and the chance to bring in three or four more in the New Year and turning it around like he did last season.

Risky? Yes. However the whole experiment was always decidedly dodgy looking and it’s blown up in the clubs face already anyway...

I’m frankly shocked to read that Paul Paton is hiding when the going gets tough. An absolute imposter of a footballer. 

Ive seen Falkirk twice this season (against us and Thistle) and Queens last week. The difference between the sides in terms of quality is night and day. Sorry lads - I reckon you’re in trouble again. 

17 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I’ve tried to stay open minded re Hartley throughout as I was only convinced by him after the 6-1 thrashing of the dabs. I was never in the club to change my avatar to a Hartley pic for example.

However, I’m going to disagree with those calling for Hartley’s head after three games. It’s pretty clear the England experiment has gone pear shaped and I think Hartley’s been aware of that for weeks. I don’t think (could be wrong) he’ll be trusting our scout down south for anymore signings.

Arguably, he’s realised the problem and actually managed to bring in a bit better quality in Irving and Haber. But it’s too late to make us decent this side of Christmas.

I’d give him a few more games to prove us all wrong maybe on the basis that it took him some time to get the team moving last season. I think we had around 8 points at Christmas and tbh I struggle to see us doing much better given the next three are Ross County, Ayr and Dundee U followed by key games away to Alloa and Dunfermline at home. Honestly if we could get 7 points from that 5 I’d bite your hand off right now. If he did, I’d consider giving him more time and the chance to bring in three or four more in the New Year and turning it around like he did last season.

Risky? Yes. However the whole experiment was always decidedly dodgy looking and it’s blown up in the clubs face already anyway...

Its his fecking experiment.  He deserves to get the boot for that asap.  There cant be that much money left in the budget if any and we need  4 or 5 decent players.  We're going to end up insolvent just to stay up because of this clown. Fans can accept bursting the bank to try and win promotion but not to try and stay in the bloomin division.

Edited by Shodwall cat

9 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

It's only blown up because Hartley has signed so much dross. He has signed more players from North of the border so no excuses in my opinion.

Fair play to you for wanting to give him more time but for me he has to go now. If there is any funds left then they need to be given to a new manager to sign a few decent players, I wouldn't trust Hartley with another penny.

Today was the absolute pits in terms of football.

Like most on here I went along with the pre season hype regarding all the new players coming in.

unfortunately, it’s been a total failure and we’re now in a real shithole.

What can we do?

I would guess our finances are stretched to capacity and the ability to fund the removal  of the Manager and the worst of the dross must be severely limited.

As this is our Club, I for one would be prepared to put my hand in my pocket for a few hundred pounds along with others to provide funding to try to rectify the situation in return for shares. The position is really so serious that drastic and quick action is required. I think,also , that the CEO and Chairman, whose plan has brought us to this point, must resign and a new Executive is needed to take us forward.

Time is now of the essence .

Its his fecking experiment.  He deserves to get the boot for that asap.  There cant be that much money left in the budget if any and we need  4 or 5 decent players.  We're going to end up insolvent just to stay up because of this clown.

He’s certainly a major part of the issue but it was a failed strategy underwritten by the board too.

The fact is that we have little prospect of being in the promotion playoffs this season and sadly, rather like last season, I already think we need to settle for eighth place as an achievement given what we’ve been left with.

A change so late to the transfer deadline probably would not resolve much, so I think we need to persist a bit longer rather than jump from the frying pan into another potential fire.

I am not saying we should not remove him before Christmas if there’s no improvement, but I am suggesting we might as well persist over the next half a dozen games and see if there’s anything positive that can come out of this before jumping to conclusion.

Mind you, if we get pumped in the next couple, I reserve the right to change my opinion...

3 hours ago, Gaz said:

I didn't use the word "miracle", champ. You asked what he did last season and I gave you the facts.

Are points against Brechin not worth the same as other points? Should we be drawing up a new league table to see how the other teams did without Brechin and meaningless games?

You are praising Hartley from saving us from relegation with a budget last season which was easily top 4 if not top 2 with pay offs with players.

I've yet to hear where the thanks for last season ?

I think Morton and ourselves dropped points from brechin, like any league the points do count no matter the team but to trade on valuation of 9pts which 3 of the 6 if not 9 were lucky is rather clutching straws

Knock yourself out and I await the explanation of why Hartley deserved this season having around 30 games where as you suggest the remit was to avoid relegation (please give me facts that avoid relegation was the remit also)

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Totten tho was seriously shafted in similar vein of how Pressley was with his 2nd season albeit to play youth and Pressley got lucky that we had players ready to step up, Totten had players that were a year too early to depend on

Sad to say we have no young players now to rely or promote to first team, we have a few in a reserve league where we can't submit more than 2 sub's with players in the 11 playing various out of position places, the clubs fuked itself with that decision as far as I'm concerned, not having a go at Morton but they have went through a bit turmoil in staff post Duffy but had a healthy 11 and sub bench recently, so what's the point in a reserve league for us with 13 players and a lot if them out of position

We are a shambles right now