The Falkirk FC Thread

On the back of Kiddy posting our record v Dunfermline our overall record is good however in the last 43 year we have 31 wins to their 13. Six of those wins coming in two season. They are most certainly our bitches.

Thought it was interesting - but depressingly, hardly a revelation - to see how the two teams played on Saturday. Lucky for us that Falkingham got crocked early on, as he looked like he was going to cause us a lot of problems down the wing. Nonetheless, Jefferies had them continue to play the ball out wide, to guys who were running forwards, and onto the pass, and usually in acres of space... Resulting in two spells of sustained pressure in the second half that somehow we survived, more by luck than anything, and on another day would have probably cost us 2 or 3 goals.

Pressley, by contrast to this, has us playing short, tight passes, often behind but mostly square, to boys tight on the touchline, with their back to the Fife goal, and with opponents all over them. Its so laboured, and predictable, and its frankly baffling that Pressley thinks this is all part of some fanciful masterplan. Its delusional. Aye, superb result, to put it mildly, but as plenty others have said, we got lucky and its no more than papering over the cracks. Again. I know which manager's tactics I'd rather watch.

Thought it was interesting - but depressingly, hardly a revelation - to see how the two teams played on Saturday. Lucky for us that Falkingham got crocked early on, as he looked like he was going to cause us a lot of problems down the wing. Nonetheless, Jefferies had them continue to play the ball out wide, to guys who were running forwards, and onto the pass, and usually in acres of space... Resulting in two spells of sustained pressure in the second half that somehow we survived, more by luck than anything, and on another day would have probably cost us 2 or 3 goals.

Pressley, by contrast to this, has us playing short, tight passes, often behind but mostly square, to boys tight on the touchline, with their back to the Fife goal, and with opponents all over them. Its so laboured, and predictable, and its frankly baffling that Pressley thinks this is all part of some fanciful masterplan. Its delusional. Aye, superb result, to put it mildly, but as plenty others have said, we got lucky and its no more than papering over the cracks. Again. I know which manager's tactics I'd rather watch.

Our defence has been a nightmare all season, the only decent pairing being McGeever & Kingsley. Rather than plod on with a back four/centre two, would it not be worth trying a back 3? Might work, might not, but surely couldn't be much worse than we've seen and it's got to be worth a try.

Both full backs, Duffie in particular are good at going forward but we're not using that to it's full potential. I'm thinking a back 3 of McGeever, Flynn and Kingsley with Dick at left wing back may be worth an experiment.

Our defence has been a nightmare all season, the only decent pairing being McGeever & Kingsley. Rather than plod on with a back four/centre two, would it not be worth trying a back 3? Might work, might not, but surely couldn't be much worse than we've seen and it's got to be worth a try.

Both full backs, Duffie in particular are good at going forward but we're not using that to it's full potential. I'm thinking a back 3 of McGeever, Flynn and Kingsley with Dick at left wing back may be worth an experiment.

Duffie only played, on Sat, after taking painkillers for a knee problem.

Source? Mondays report in the Express.

No idea who locked the FFC Pars thread. The guy who started the thread was last to post so he might have closed it.

Can you still lock threads you've started? I was tempted to do so with a thread that got squirmingly awful a couple of days ago, but couldn't see the option. Not sure if the OP should have the power though..