The Falkirk FC Thread

On 11/25/2018 at 11:42, ShaggerG said:

Oh, looks like Hank's not a Falkirk fan at all!

Only about 30 odd years mate.

The first part of my statement was meant in general terms.

E.G "you would get locked up for that these days" - I didn't actually mean "you" and wouldn't infer you had committed a crime.  

I love the one-downmanship on this thread. Can I join in?

This is the worst team since the 1898 side that lost 3-0 to Spartans in Ye Olde Cup. The board should be hauled out into the centre circle at the next home game and publicly flogged. Leo Fasan is actually a circus juggler on work experience whose name is an anagram of Safe Anal

7 hours ago, Bailey1874 said:

Mr McKinnon may be trying to break the record of being a Manager to take his teams out of Domestic cups in one season?

Didn't you make this 'joke' before?

14 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

Has McKinnon fucked up the same way Hartley did by making it public there's going to be a major clear-out in January?  Looked very like the players had downed tools yesterday. 

The opposite of that is the players thought they were doing a good job sitting bottom of the league and no chance would they be punted.

I will let you decide if this came as a surprise to them.

You irrelevant bottle job dross in the seaside leagues yet? From being title pretenders in 2017 to grangemouth cannon fodder within a year and a half. Tough times. 
Return of HB75 confirmed.

Hope your doing alright pal. Its genuinely good to see you back on the Falkirk thread.

Would be surprised if oliver burke frozen out of squad will not be offered out?? We will not be the only club looking. Partic thistle nil aint going to throw in the towel . we need some real quality though. Petra would be good with someone prepared to actually get the f**k away from standing ball watching with their back to the defense and make a run. 

No I really dont think seriously we could land him on loan. Would never have thought that chis waddle would have come here either though. My point is just about aiming higher. Another 2 or 3 slightly better players in jan will have little effect. 

Congrats on having a 100% horrific post rate.

#stats

18 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Just to further rubbish this odd reply, here is a U19 squad from a few years back. Plenty of lesser entities than Joe McKee in there, indicative of the standard you are citing during your complete missing of my point

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/scotland-u19/startseite/verein/17622?saison_id=2013

Of course, none of that matters since if Irving was actually in the current squad we wouldnt have had to play Partick last week.

Gies a shout when Irving bags his fifth of the season though and we can maybe revisit.

Aspiring to mediocrity won't do us any good. 

Oliver Burke seems a bit overly ambitious. Probably better you stick to the target of Premier by 2019 like this guy says.

Think the fella means building for next season. However I’m pretty sure if it keeps going the way we’re going we’ll end up in the seaside league.

And also... I didn’t say anything about Oliver Burke

The general point is that even a chancer like Joe McKee knows how to find the net and has done so in important games for us. If Irvimg cant pick that up hebis going nowhere and I am leaning towards using his loan slot for someone else who can

24 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

The general point is that even a chancer like Joe McKee knows how to find the net and has done so in important games for us. If Irvimg cant pick that up hebis going nowhere and I am leaning towards using his loan slot for someone else who can

I spoke to one of my students this morning who played with Irvine at Hearts a few years back and he was known for doing everything in slow motion. He'll never make it IMO, certainly not until he gets his head around the fact that football needs players to be switched on from the first whistle. He takes about 20 minutes to get up to speed with the game if he even does at all.

When you think of the midfield we had even just this time last year it would make you weep. What a disaster we've become.

Any news on the people trying to invest in the club? By fcuk we need it...….

What was the actual script with the shite brought in from down south? Was someone paid to actually get these guys in? An actual scandal if that's the case.

Brough in particular looked one of the worst players I have ever seen play professional football and from what I gather he ain't the worst this season. Lewis stood out as well as an absolute no hoper with a pea heart.

The rest just seemed completely forgettable. Some of the stuff going on was actually hard to believe at times like the corner to the edge of the box we done and not one person came to close down it was utterly bizarre. You wouldn't get that in the amateur leagues.

21 minutes ago, Neilly said:

What was the actual script with the shite brought in from down south? Was someone paid to actually get these guys in? An actual scandal if that's the case.

Brough in particular looked one of the worst players I have ever seen play professional football and from what I gather he ain't the worst this season. Lewis stood out as well as an absolute no hoper with a pea heart.

The rest just seemed completely forgettable. Some of the stuff going on was actually hard to believe at times like the corner to the edge of the box we done and not one person came to close down it was utterly bizarre. You wouldn't get that in the amateur leagues.

If you think Brough was awful try and get a look at Dallison if you get the chance.

The silence from the major shareholders is deafening ! The waste of cash on payoffs and general underperformance should have brought about changes at the top ! Failure to address the real issue of being a rudderless ship is going to cost us big time! Changing the manager or the players is just tinkering at the edges of the problem .We need a clear out .new ownership and a fresh approach !

26 minutes ago, Neilly said:

Richard Mitchell to be precise.

Done County recruitment a few years ago but used to be an agent.

Watched mckinnons interview there and he looks as frustrated as the folk in the stands. Cant see anything other than a cull come January if he gets his way.  Reckon a chunk of the cash he will get will have to clear some of this lot out first before he can look at bringing anyone in. The 4th goal summed up the full match. One player desperate to get to the ball and win it for his team v someone who didn't want to be on the park.