The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

The silence from the major shareholders is deafening ! The waste of cash on payoffs and general underperformance should have brought about changes at the top ! Failure to address the real issue of being a rudderless ship is going to cost us big time! Changing the manager or the players is just tinkering at the edges of the problem .We need a clear out .new ownership and a fresh approach !

should make a bid,........... but seriously, what are you asking them to do? come out after every defeat and make a statement? One thing for sure is the lack of fight in that team on Sat had nothing to do with ML or CC

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
3 hours ago, Marshmallo said:
Aspiring to mediocrity won't do us any good. 

The general point is that even a chancer like Joe McKee knows how to find the net and has done so in important games for us. If Irvimg cant pick that up hebis going nowhere and I am leaning towards using his loan slot for someone else who can

Not all midfielders are goalscoring. Different attributes. But I agree Irving isn't good enough. He's one I'd send back to hearts in Jan... Not what's needed and contributes very little.

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

What was the actual script with the shite brought in from down south? Was someone paid to actually get these guys in? An actual scandal if that's the case.

Brough in particular looked one of the worst players I have ever seen play professional football and from what I gather he ain't the worst this season. Lewis stood out as well as an absolute no hoper with a pea heart.

The rest just seemed completely forgettable. Some of the stuff going on was actually hard to believe at times like the corner to the edge of the box we done and not one person came to close down it was utterly bizarre. You wouldn't get that in the amateur leagues.

The defending for your third goal is beyond belief for a professional club. 

Edited by Bairn Necessities

1 minute ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Not all midfielders are goalscoring. Different attributes. But I agree Irving isn't good enough. He's one I'd send back to hearts in Jan... Not what's needed and contributes very little.

agreed, Irving has been increasingly doing my head in over the past few weeks, he gives the ball away more that just about anyone in the team, which can be forgiven if he makes a difference at the other end of the pitch, my verdict- PUNT

5 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Only about 30 odd years mate.

The first part of my statement was meant in general terms.

E.G "you would get locked up for that these days" - I didn't actually mean "you" and wouldn't infer you had committed a crime.  

Sorry, I was pished.

You are correct. I expected few if any from Tom Taiwo. For Irvings game though, it should be a part of it and his finding of the target is fucking grim.

1 hour ago, Neilly said:

What was the actual script with the shite brought in from down south? Was someone paid to actually get these guys in? An actual scandal if that's the case.

I know the English league gets a lot more credit than it's due, especially Leagues One and Two, but those are still full time professional leagues played in front of decent sized crowds so how can guys like Tom Owen-Evans (45 EFL appearances), Patrick Brough (40 apps), Scott Harrison (100) and Dan Turner (30) can make an actual living playing football down there but come up here and be as abysmal as Falkirk fans say?

Are the English leagues a lot worse than we can even dare imagine or is there a lot more to the clusterfuck at Falkirk than just some bad signings?

Equally I know they "can't all be winners" but Petravicious, Fasan, Lewis, Dallison, Froxylias, Greenwood, Sammut, McGhee, Robson and McKee were all brought through the youth teams of clubs with genuine aspirations to compete at the highest level. They must have some ability to get into these teams in the first place.

Then ye got folk like Paul Paton or Marcus Haber who might never have set the world on fire but were a decent option for clubs at a higher level than Falkirk are at now but seem to have lost all confidence and ability.

Even Dylan Mackin or David Mitchell have had decent runs in the lower leagues in Scotland so you would presume they could be a half decent option when required.

As much as I am enjoying all of this these players didn't suddenly turn into absolute guff overnight magically.

14 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I know the English league gets a lot more credit than it's due, especially Leagues One and Two, but those are still full time professional leagues played in front of decent sized crowds so how can guys like Tom Owen-Evans (45 EFL appearances), Patrick Brough (40 apps), Scott Harrison (100) and Dan Turner (30) can make an actual living playing football down there but come up here and be as abysmal as Falkirk fans say?

Are the English leagues a lot worse than we can even dare imagine or is there a lot more to the clusterfuck at Falkirk than just some bad signings?

I think that's a big part of it tbh. The wages down there due to the crowds and TV deal have ensured an inflated market and if you're shopping at the bottom end of League Two and National League, you're probably just overpaying for their dross. Unless you're very shrewd about how you scout these guys, which we weren't.

19 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Equally I know they "can't all be winners" but Petravicious, Fasan, Lewis, Dallison, Froxylias, Greenwood, Sammut, McGhee, Robson and McKee were all brought through the youth teams of clubs with genuine aspirations to compete at the highest level. They must have some ability to get into these teams in the first place.

Then ye got folk like Paul Paton or Marcus Haber who might never have set the world on fire but were a decent option for clubs at a higher level than Falkirk are at now but seem to have lost all confidence and ability.

Even Dylan Mackin or David Mitchell have had decent runs in the lower leagues in Scotland so you would presume they could be a half decent option when required.

As much as I am enjoying all of this these players didn't suddenly turn into absolute guff overnight magically.

Its been a mix of things tbh, one the majority of them weren't good enough, but Hartley just seemed to be bringing in boys for the sake of it.

If I'm correct, Hartley ended up signing 3 first team goalies, no right back (after needing one for about 4 seasons) 4 centre backs, THREE left backs. 4 wingers, 6 centre mids.  2 Target Men and then whatever Dennon  Lewis and Dan Turner were supposed to be. There was no balance to the squad at all.

Under Hartley as well the team looked extremely unfit, which was weird considering we had a full time fitness coach, everything that went wrong in the summer did.

1 minute ago, Senor Bairn said:

Its been a mix of things tbh, one the majority of them weren't good enough, but Hartley just seemed to be bringing in boys for the sake of it.

If I'm correct, Hartley ended up signing 3 first team goalies, no right back (after needing one for about 4 seasons) 4 centre backs, THREE left backs. 4 wingers, 6 centre mids.  2 Target Men and then whatever Dennon  Lewis and Dan Turner were supposed to be. There was no balance to the squad at all.

Under Hartley as well the team looked extremely unfit, which was weird considering we had a full time fitness coach, everything that went wrong in the summer did.

Well Rat didn’t leave Morton with a balanced squad either. Your omnishambles of a performance at corners on Saturday with its mix of man and zonal marking and a failure to spot, let alone block late runners, was reminiscent of Dundee Utd just before Rat got punted. 

Whilst it would be pleasing if your punishment included a transfer embargo I am almost hoping it doesn’t just to see your attempted January re-build. Rat didn’t leave a decent legacy squad at any of his previous clubs and this time he needs decide whether to go for either short term survival or a  longer term squad  to get you out of the seaside leagues.  He is rather good at getting teams out of cup competition but the only we he can get you out of this league is downwards. 

1 minute ago, Branch Ton said:

Well Rat didn’t leave Morton with a balanced squad either. Your omnishambles of a performance at corners on Saturday with its mix of man and zonal marking and a failure to spot, let alone block late runners, was reminiscent of Dundee Utd just before Rat got punted. 

Whilst it would be pleasing if your punishment included a transfer embargo I am almost hoping it doesn’t just to see your attempted January re-build. Rat didn’t leave a decent legacy squad at any of his previous clubs and this time he needs decide whether to go for either short term survival or a  longer term squad  to get you out of the seaside leagues.  He is rather good at getting teams out of cup competition but the only we he can get you out of this league is downwards. 

Christ you're an absolute VL.

3 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

For being such a poor manager you seem bitterly dissapointed that Ray left you for a bigger club Branch Ton. Do you now just sit and wait for Falkirk results coming in on a Sat afternooon so you can feed your obsession? 

15 minutes ago, Branch Ton said:

I think you should sneak into Ray's hoose and cut up his suits as you're clearly in love with him! :wub: