Lewis
Russell
Fasan
Mitchell
Ohara
Haber
Sammutt
Irving

If Prince and Dumbaya can’t get upto speed either then surely they’ll be away too.

What he said, would tend to agree with the above reason i dont think Harrison and Brough will be away is the 2 of them are pretty solid together until you add Aero into the mix. Sammut is still learning and this is part of his experience as with Irving.

I think McKee and Kidd will still be with us as well as one of the keepers, have more faith in Mitchell than Fasan though

I think he (Bauben) only wanted a deal until January, and would assess his options thereafter.

EdiBairn said  “a few” of Brough, Harrison and Brough. I am unsure if “a few” of three names is meant to be  one, two or three, so he has kept his options open. Of course, there’s that word “could” which makes every one of his predictions open to be interpreted as correct and none of them as being interpreted as incorrect (and that includes “none”).

Mind you, he also said Tommy would go potentially for a fee in January.

2 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

It won't necessarily be for a fee, but I believe Robson will leave the club in January.

Is this just you guessing or is it on ITK info? He seems pretty settled in the area and has a connection now to the club and fans. I don't think Ray would be looking to pay him off like some of the dross. 

6 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Is this just you guessing or is it on ITK info? He seems pretty settled in the area and has a connection now to the club and fans. I don't think Ray would be looking to pay him off like some of the dross. 

It's a similar situation to Hippolyte last year. Not the worst player in the squad but just doesn't fit the system Ray's looking to play. Whether he moves or not depends on whether the interest from other clubs materialises but he certainly won't be stopped from going(for free).

Edited by EdiBairn

41 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Surely it’ll be
Keep
McGhee
Harrison
Brough
Robson
Petra
Paton

Punt
McKee
Kidd
Lewis
Russell
Fasan
Mitchell
Ohara
Haber
Sammutt
Irving

If Prince and Dumbaya can’t get upto speed either then surely they’ll be away too.

Why would McKee and Kidd be leaving? Both have played the majority of games recently and McKee especially is liked by Ray.  We also have enough players signed in the summer to punt already. Neither will be going anywhere.

Edited by EdiBairn

Why would McKee and Kidd be leaving? Both have played the majority of games recently and McKee especially is liked by Ray.  We also have enough players signed in the summer to punt already. Neither will be going anywhere.

Cause they’re not good enough. The only reason they’ve been playing is cause that’s all we’ve got.

I quite like Lewis kidd but he’s not good enough at this level to play every week. Wouldn’t be too fussed if he left or not.

From what I’ve seen this season, we look much better in midfield when McKee isn’t playing, Id punt him.

I'll be astounded if Kidd and McKee aren't here at the end of January and Muirhead definitely won't be going anywhere.  At least a few of Harrison, Brough and Petravicous could well be moved on. I don't think Robson will be at the club either after January. The issue with O'Hara will be finding a semi-professional club to take him.

I may be off the mark but for me I’d keep Harrison and Robson, I thought brough looked promising in Fife driving forward but nothing since ( wasn’t in sneckie)
As far as Ohara is concerned can’t actually remember the last time I saw him play which would be the same as most on here although folks are always keen to write him off

4 minutes ago, spratte said:

As far as Ohara is concerned can’t actually remember the last time I saw him play which would be the same as most on here although folks are always keen to write him off

I think 3 goals in 75 competitive appearances(including 0 in 42 for us) is enough to know he isn't the answer tbh.

Edited by EdiBairn

34 minutes ago, HopeStreetPieStall said:

Ray's a sensible guy. He'll have realised that he's got a competent wing back on his hands, one that's got a passion for the team. Put it this way, I'd wager that we will need a pair of full backs and a pair of good wingers before a 442 would be viable. Which makes it more than likely we'll stick with 352 through this season and try and pick up a striker and a midfielder or two. We know from experience how rare good full backs are. Don't even start on wingers. 

Ray has been clear that the current system is being played out of necessity rather than choice. He'll be moving away from the 3-5-2 as soon as possible.