The Falkirk FC Thread

I know its close season, but by f**k this has been dull. One signing and it came 3 days after the season finished.. Not inspiring me with confidence. Wouldn't be so worried if we were being linked to players or had people on trial, but neither is the case.

I see falkirk have hit their target of 1500 with the early bird season ticket offer with one day still to go, hopefully there's a few more getting sold tomorrow.

I spoke to the lady in the shop who told me they've sold about 100 a day for the last 5 days, so another 100 tomorrow (or more seen as its the weekend) wouldn't go a miss.

COYB

Taylor now linked to peterborough

Theyre close to selling theyre young striker to crystal palace so they shouldnt be short on money, baring in mind they paid 300k for bobby olejnik we will have at least 500k for taylor. Have to say im very disapointed that weve not got anyone on trial and only one (new)player has been signed. The way I see it if theyre good enough they aren't going to be on the market for very long especially if they are free.

FFC 1876 wrote:

Theyre close to selling theyre young striker to crystal palace so they shouldnt be short on money, baring in mind they paid 300k for bobby olejnik we will have at least 500k for taylor.

Is this a serious post? Taylor isn't a 1/2 million pound man, you would need someone who could play in the EPL right away to even have a hope of getting that amount for a player. If you get 1/4 of that you could be happy, not delighted but it would be a reasonable fee.

Edited by parsforlife

More than I expected. Yet the doom merchants on OneF will still be out to criticise.

I can't be bothered with onef at all, if you took heed of all the posts on there you'd think falkirk were bottom of the third division, about to be liquidated. I think most posters on that site have not been to a falkirk game in years/ever.

I can't be bothered with onef at all, if you took heed of all the posts on there you'd think falkirk were bottom of the third division, about to be liquidated. I think most posters on that site have not been to a falkirk game in years/ever.

Most haven't been to a game in years and they have a habit of emphasising it at every given opportunity. It's cringeworthy.

Whilst Taylor is nowhere near worth 500k, that above statement is complete and utter bullshit.

Think so? Falkirk are probably one of the better placed teams for this, and even then you're looking at maybe £100k for Taylor, £50k for your keeper and maybe another couple of five figure sums for the best of the young lads. You're not going to make up another £250k punting squad players that nobody in their right mind would ever bother paying proper money to release from their contracts.

Morton have just accepted a £50,000 bid for one of the league's standout players. You could argue Dougie Rae's negotiating tactics aren't what they could be, but the top end figure still isn't more than £100k.

I'd be interested to see a list of reasonable purchase prices for any of the teams in this league that topped half a million quid.

Think so? Falkirk are probably one of the better placed teams for this, and even then you're looking at maybe £100k for Taylor, £50k for your keeper and maybe another couple of five figure sums for the best of the young lads. You're not going to make up another £250k punting squad players that nobody in their right mind would ever bother paying proper money to release from their contracts.

Morton have just accepted a £50,000 bid for one of the league's standout players. You could argue Dougie Rae's negotiating tactics aren't what they could be, but the top end figure still isn't more than £100k.

I'd be interested to see a list of reasonable purchase prices for any of the teams in this league that topped half a million quid.

We got 300k up front for Murray Wallace which could rise to 700k.

but the top end figure still isn't more than £100k.

Isn't it? We sold two players for that and more just last season. Wallace for £300k+ and Higginbotham for a reported £150k. Ryan Flynn also went the year before for £150k. I would feel pretty confident we'd be looking at closer to £200k, maybe more for Lyle Taylor. Whether people think he's worth that or not is an entirely different matter, but IMO that would be the sort of fee we'd be looking for.

ETA: There was only 6 months between the Flynn and Wallace/Higginbotham transfers. £600k+ from 3 players in just 6 months. Not bad.

Edited by Kris.

The new number 2 is away on a scouting mission today apparently.

Pleasing.

Taylor is worth 350k minimum.

I'd disagree with that. Bearing in mind he has just a year left on his contract. I'd be happy with £200k and some add ons to be honest.