The Falkirk FC Thread

Game was not bad for a friendly today. We should've scored 2 or more goals but. They shouldn't have scored at all and had two silly chances that should've been stopped before they happened. The first goal was just typical pissing about at the back. I thought when flynn went off we looked much stronger at the back. We need another centre back as he is a bomb scare and just generally shite. Another midfielder is needed as well. As the young lads just get bullied apart from maybe Alston. Durojaiye looks excellent and im looking forward to seeing him play in a league match. Loy had short stints were he looked a threat but i dont think he looks good enough. The trialist looks a good player and was always causing trouble. A good match but a experienced defender and midfielder are needed.

My first viewing of the team this season, scary to think its competitive games next week and we have no signed strikers other than Botti....

By the looks of the team today, it seemed to be Holts preferred 11 with of course two trialists up top, we shouldve had trialists in last week for me, it was obvious that there was surely a 75% + chance that Taylor was going...

I thot both Loy and Roberts did well enough, not 100% convinced but both have decent enough skill on the ball, Loy not as pacy but decent enough on the ball.....Ive seen a lot worse up top for Falkirk and play week in week out

The midfield is a worry tho, I thot Ollie was slow, waited on the ball too often and doesnt seem very mobile, obviously Smith had some opinion too as he seemed to have a few choice words with him which obv had a rally of words between them. I havent seen anything of the high praise he seemed to get in previous games on here, if anything I thot he struggled. Fulton, Sibbald both were poor also, how both survived at half time when Alston was on bench I dunno. I just dunno if Alston face doesnt fit with Holt whom I rate as our most consistent midfielder left now. Sibbald and Fulton can do it, just a lot of games can pass them by and it seems like Holt is a massive Sibbald fan as last season he struggled and still survived being dropped or subbed and it looks like continuing. I still rate Sibbald...but thats SIbbald now of two seasons ago.....

The defence, well all we need to say is Johnny Flynn is an accident waiting to happen, funny how we played better, seemed more relaxed at the back bringing on a rookie and moving Kingsley a left back to centre back. Im not one to wish anyone injury, but it will be a god send if he is out for a wee while with his injury, which was his own doing creating chaos and having Vaulks tidy up for him again......

Decent wee game today more Falkirk fans than I had expected and never did it look like 1300 there, Dunf were better team in first, then we were better in 2nd half, shouldve scored more, Fulton having 2 headers that looked easier to score and Alston being unlucky with a couple of efforts. I dont know if we can play trialists next week in the Ramsden but we obviously need two strikers in, Flynn out and a right hard hard bassturd wouldnt go a miss in midfield as we are too nice in midfield

Bring on the Clyde

Got to say now, for all I thought Flynn wan't as bad as some folk said last season, he's been a total bombscare so far pre-season. Thought Ollie played well, Roberts looked decent as well but I really have to disagree on Loy. Bar one or 2 good runs late in the 2nd half I really thought he offered nothing. Could still come good though, of course, and if he signs then I'll trust Holt and the management teams judgement. Kingsley played well at C/H and I thought Duffie and also Jay played excellently all game, as did Alston when he came on seemed to make a difference. From what I've seen so far, my team for Clyde would be:

McGovern

Duffie - Vaulks - Kingsley - Turnbull

Ollie

Jay - Alston - Sibbs

Roberts - Loy