The Falkirk FC Thread

They’re atrocious. It’s surely a shite rumour.

A bit harsh. Flanagan is a left winger. He came with a decent rep and started strongly with us, so much so we offered him a contract extension. Thereafter faded fast but certainly potential there and a good impact sub as the play off game up in Forfar proved. Davo I imagine you’ll be looking at for defensive cover and is more than capable at this level if he keeps his concentration up. An experienced head and probably a good guy to have around the squad for that aspect.

43 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

He's too small to be a centreback really and not good enough going forward to be a decent right back if you ask me. Was originally surprised we managed to get him from hearts but he's never kicked on since he arrived.

He's 6ft tall so height shouldn't be an issue for him at centre-back, he's just not that great in the air.

It's possible they just loan us Vaughan to help us finish above them like they did with Dumbarton, one of the daftest things I've seen in the championship.

Aside from Hartleys pin the tail on the donkey approach to signings last year of course.

Aye I imagine it’s highly likely we’ll do that again.

Thankfully all the key people associated with that decision are no longer at the club.

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Its no really that big for a centreback these days though.

he is more than a capable height. 

Paul Dixon is a midget in comparison and is still a decent CB.

Guest Ecosse83
9 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Its no really that big for a centrback these days though.

6ft is definitely big enough if good enough though.

I'd have definitely taken Fabio Cannavaro back in the day :lol:

Edited by Ecosse83

32 minutes ago, sick boy said:

he is more than a capable height. 

Paul Dixon is a midget in comparison and is still a decent CB.

Dixon and McGhee are the same height.  To me he's just not big and physical enough to play centreback in  the scottish championship.  If your that bit smaller than your opponent  you need to be far more agressive than he is. 

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

Dixon and McGhee are the same height.  To me he's just not big and physical enough to play centreback in  the scottish championship.  If your that bit smaller than your opponent  you need to be far more agressive than he is. 

Dixon and McGhee are surely a good 2/3 inches apart?

can someone clarify?

fair point about agression.

Guest Ecosse83
2 minutes ago, sick boy said:

Dixon and McGhee are surely a good 2/3 inches apart?

can someone clarify?

fair point about agression.

Dixon is smaller than McGhee!

Guest Ecosse83

Transfer markt has Dixon at 1.75 m and McGhee at 1.83 m

Obviously might not be 100% accurate but there is definitely a good bit between them. 

3 minutes ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:

same height according to Wikipedia...not exactly a trusty source

Wikipedia is extremely heavily moderated.  If you can't cite something with evidence it gets taken down almost instantly.

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Wikipedia is extremely heavily moderated.  If you can't cite something with evidence it gets taken down almost instantly.

D8tjXEbXkAAO3i7.jpg:large

Edited by sick boy

A bit harsh. Flanagan is a left winger. He came with a decent rep and started strongly with us, so much so we offered him a contract extension. Thereafter faded fast but certainly potential there and a good impact sub as the play off game up in Forfar proved. Davo I imagine you’ll be looking at for defensive cover and is more than capable at this level if he keeps his concentration up. An experienced head and probably a good guy to have around the squad for that aspect.

Was at the last Raith-Arbroath game at Starks last season and Flanagan was absolutely rancid.

In what was a really shite game he really shown through as being particularly pish. He had a decent opportunity going through on goal but completely shat a 70/30 in his favour tackle with the ‘keeper and just pulled away. Some real Dennon Lewis shit.

No thanks. Oh aye and Ian Davidson is a terrible defender. Again no thanks.