The Falkirk FC Thread

The recent Half Season Ticket release got me thinking...would you be more inclined to buy a season ticket if the board promised to buy it back at half the price come new year if things were looking bad. At the start of the season a target would be set at say 25 points and if this wasn't met by the last game before new year you could choose to sell your season ticket back. Every year we hear about how important it is to get money in during the close season and I'm fairly sure this would increase sales. Just a thought don't shoot me down.

The recent Half Season Ticket release got me thinking...would you be more inclined to buy a season ticket if the board promised to buy it back at half the price come new year if things were looking bad. At the start of the season a target would be set at say 25 points and if this wasn't met by the last game before new year you could choose to sell your season ticket back. Every year we hear about how important it is to get money in during the close season and I'm fairly sure this would increase sales. Just a thought don't shoot me down.

I follow the thinking, but it would make it impossible for the club to budget - half of any season ticket money would have to be kept back just in case.

I do think there should be a secondary market for season tickets though.

Oh no what are we going to do? A spelling mistake. Oh my lord! Sack the board! Holt out!

It's a professional organisation trying to sell me a product. They shouldn't be fucking something up by not reading an email. Amateurish as Gaz FFC said.

On another note, who is this c**t kidding? https://twitter.com/P_J_Roberts/status/401107830448865280

The guy made all of his mistakes with us. Doubtless he is doing things differently after being so obstinately pig headed with us. Experience is really nothing more than the sum total of all that you learn when things go wrong, so clearly, Pressley learned much while he was our manager. Like Barry Smith at Dundee, he has been blessed with a fortress mentality on the back of perceived wrongs to the club. I would bet none of that galvanising effect has anything at all to do with Pressley just as it had nothing to do with Barry Smith.

I hope he does well at Coventry. He does deserve if for having to survive with one hand tied behind his back when managing us. Equally, we had to put up with his at times appallingly cowardly tactics, and a fear of every single team above us in the league. Maybe he's gotten over that now, but we paid the price for him learning that lesson.

Was browsing the coventry forum, found a thread on Pressley. They seem to worship him down there. Maybe we shouldn't have been so happy to see the back of him.

http://www.skybluestalk.co.uk/threads/39036-Steven-Pressley

Elvis himself stated in broadsheet paper that he was no way ready to take over from Eddie May albeit his words stated otherwise.

He admitted mistakes along the way which has helped him so he can do a better job at Coventry....

he was poor for us for a season and almost a half... One good season and a well varied bag his last season... I was surprised he got the Coventry gig, more surprised he plays two up front and most weeks scoring early goals.... Don't wish him ill ways...unless Coventry haven't paid compo....