The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
5 hours ago, mic_17_uk said:
Somebody give this thread a signing, please!

Davis Keilor-Done. Announced today

I'd be absolutely delighted with that, however I feel it's more likely to be one of the trialists. Hope I'm wrong though

8 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

My main memory from the 2009 cup final was leaving in the bus and wishing the driver would mow down a few of the royal blue gits that decided to saunter across the road in front of us.  

The 2009 Cup final made the Blue side of Glasgow edge ahead of the Green in my own personal 'Who do I hate most contest?"  

I was staying with a mate in Glasgow so we went to a city centre pub after the game. Got talking to some Rangers fans(first mistake) and it was quite civil at first until they wouldn't accept in any shape or form that Falkirk were the better team.  I stupidly rose to the bait and ended up getting told by the barman I wasnt getting served any more and subsequently left the pub with them cheering.  I'm annoyed now even typing this about how I reacted to them.

To be fair I'd never really had any problems in my Falkirk supporting life(with Celtic apart from that Remembrance Sunday minutes silence thing....but even then I didnt have the same rage as others about that.   Apart from that the only time I had any sort of run-ins was when we used to wait for the Elliots bus and given the Celtic supporters up at the Drookit Duck(I think) some absue for waiting for their supporters bus).

I'm probably just lucky.  Not sure if other folk have the same experiences? Probably not. But everytime I used to go to Ibrox, it was a nightmare.   

Before folk suggest otherwise I'm not religious in any way and have no time for Secteransim. I went to a Proddy school but that meant nothing to me or my family.    Most Bairns I know are the same.

37 minutes ago, Jason King said:

Red dotted for admitting to listening to talksport.

Hawksee and Jacobs are class, also Mike Parry on a Saturday especially if on with Alan Brazil.

I'd more red dot a radio Clyde phone in listener, each to their own tho 

20 minutes ago, fuzzydunlop said:

The 2009 Cup final made the Blue side of Glasgow edge ahead of the Green in my own personal 'Who do I hate most contest?"  

I was staying with a mate in Glasgow so we went to a city centre pub after the game. Got talking to some Rangers fans(first mistake) and it was quite civil at first until they wouldn't accept in any shape or form that Falkirk were the better team.  I stupidly rose to the bait and ended up getting told by the barman I wasnt getting served any more and subsequently left the pub with them cheering.  I'm annoyed now even typing this about how I reacted to them.

To be fair I'd never really had any problems in my Falkirk supporting life(with Celtic apart from that Remembrance Sunday minutes silence thing....but even then I didnt have the same rage as others about that.   Apart from that the only time I had any sort of run-ins was when we used to wait for the Elliots bus and given the Celtic supporters up at the Drookit Duck(I think) some absue for waiting for their supporters bus).

I'm probably just lucky.  Not sure if other folk have the same experiences? Probably not. But everytime I used to go to Ibrox, it was a nightmare.   

Before folk suggest otherwise I'm not religious in any way and have no time for Secteransim. I went to a Proddy school but that meant nothing to me or my family.    Most Bairns I know are the same.

They're both as horrible as each other. Just depends on who you happen to be playing at that point in time.

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

They're both as horrible as each other. Just depends on who you happen to be playing at that point in time.

aye, agreed on that. but if you had to choose,  appreciate a similar pub question to "which of the Spice Girls sh*te would you rather eat?" Or other such random questions that my brother seesm to come up with from time to time.

3 cup finals for me as well. I was an embryo in 1957 but I don't think that counts as my mum wasn't at the game.
Kilmarnock was a bummer as we were robbed by a non existent offside, R@nger$ was harder to take because we played them off the park but lost to a fluke goal and, again, were denied by an offside decision (correctly this time). ICT was sickening because we were on the front foot after big Peter scored and looked like we were going to win it as they were fucked at this point. McCracken should just have pulled the guy down. There was one very prominent P&B poster who was part of our group that was in tears at the end which was made all the harder too when I met some ICT fans after and congratulated them only to be met with their moans that they had such a long journey to get back home! 
I live in Auchterarder.

While waiting sullenly in a queue for our fish suppers that night, guess which team bus pulled up outside on its way North.

Time for a sharp exit for me.

Killie final I was just glad we had finally got to a final, rangers still think yogi cost us by not going for the game and playing higdon from the start, loads of the ball but doing nothing with it. Inverness was by far the worst, they were dead on their feet and 1 chance cost us, going to games for 40 years and to see one of my pals with his head in his hands and to see my wean covering his face with his scarf when they scored was the worst moment ever at a  game for me. 

Always a chance we'll win it this season :thumsup2

8 minutes ago, fuzzydunlop said:

aye, agreed on that. but if you had to choose,  appreciate a similar pub question to "which of the Spice Girls sh*te would you rather eat?" Or other such random questions that my brother seesm to come up with from time to time.

Mel C's.

Shes the sporty one so logically her's would have the most fibre in it.

Just now, TheScarf said:

Mel C's.

Shes the sporty one so logically her's would have the most fibre in it.

yeah my brother usually goes with Ginger Spice.."cos it has a bit of Ginger Spice in it...ye get me?"

or "Posh spice, becuase ye cannae beat a posh slap up meal..ye get me?"

my brother, if you were in any doubt, supports one of the Old Firm...

anyway, lack of signings and we descend into maudlin talk of the past, and spice girls jobbies...what a team...

anyone watched that Youtube clip FFC twitter have just out up of MacKinnon?  I'm at work so can't watch it..whats he saying?