The Falkirk FC Thread

52 minutes ago, Donathan said:

As much as I personally believe in second chances, I didn’t want us to sign Goodwillie because I don’t want a player being brought in that’s going to divide the fan base and lead to some fans feeling uncomfortable attending games.

That’s exactly what Rape Rovers have done. 

Second chance? He's been found guilty  for assault at least twice aswell . This is about his fourth chance.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

12 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I personally still don’t know if the board were ever in for goodwillie.

If they were, it’s clear from the Raith reaction tnat they hideously misjudged it. Unlike previous boards, I hope they take stock, and learn from their first gigantic mistake. 

The board don’t sign players managers do and that is how it should stay. 

11 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I personally still don’t know if the board were ever in for goodwillie.

If they were, it’s clear from the Raith reaction tnat they hideously misjudged it. Unlike previous boards, I hope they take stock, and learn from their first gigantic mistake. 

I'm just so relieved we didn't sign him. A few goals for a couple of years is nothing when you consider the loss of lifelong fans and sponsors. Very likely we at least made an enquiry about his availability. 

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

Yes but when required, as custodians of the club, a good board need to know when to step in to block a move that will cause harm.

Who knows how this played out from our perspective. Maybe the board took stock of the reaction and explained to the manager that they wouldn’t sanction the move. Maybe they ignored that and the only thing stopping us signing us was the money. Either way, good news for us that he’s gone elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Doesn’t apply to unrepentant rapists.

The last board, and Gary fucking Holt knew that. If they judged it better than the new guys that is not good. 

However, bullet dodged (for good given his length of Raith contract - ooft). Maybe a piece of luck or maybe we were never in for him.

Edited by bairn88

Other than 2 or 3 posters who claimed we were in for him the only other thing was folk reading into the statement issued out that "some decisions might be unpopular with the support but they will be done for a reason" is the only thing that folk have added 2 and 2 and came up with we were in for Goodwillie as he scores goals and that being the unpopular decision.

As mention the only ones who will know if we were in for him or not is the Board and KM and MR 

Anyway least we can move on from the chatter about us in for him until 2024

Guest TedCrilly
5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

That’s correct in probably 99% of instances but Goodwillie is a special case. If we had signed him (and for a fee) it would have 100% been on the board.

9 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

That’s correct in probably 99% of instances but Goodwillie is a special case. If we had signed him (and for a fee) it would have 100% been on the board.

It hasn’t happened - I don’t believe it ever was going to - so hopefully that is the end of all the chatter about it. John McGlynn and Raith now have to deal with it 

Reading that tweet from Val McDermid cant work out if she still looks like ending her ties with them or will continue just p*ssed off at what they have done:

image.png.914d81c76d17b4a46bb6880e98b0db25.png

Interesting to see that some of their fans have accepted and are wanting promotion announced c*nts are worse than Boris Johnston for trying to distract from the main point/issue

on a plus point for a change we arent the butt of the headlines and shite decisions for a change in the media .

Edited by AL-FFC

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

Reading that tweet from Val McDermid cant work out if she still looks like ending her ties with them or will continue just p*ssed off at what they have done:

Interesting to see that some of their fans have accepted and are wanting promototion announced c8nts are worse than Boris Johnston for trying to distract from the main point/issue

on a plus point for a change we arent the butt of the headlines and shite decisions for a change in the media .

Have you seen her other tweets. Pretty cut and dry that's she's ending any links, personally and professionally 

2 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Interesting to see that some of their fans have accepted and are wanting promotion announced c*nts are worse than Boris Johnston for trying to distract from the main point/issue

I think that tweet is more in relation to the rest of this season which she can’t do anything about. 

I have this morning ended my lifelong support of@RaithRovers Over their signing of the rapist David Goodwillie. I have cancelled next season’s shirt sponsorship over this disgusting and despicable move. This shatters any claim to be a community or family club. 1/2

2/2 Goodwillie has never expressed a shred of remorse for the rape he committed. His presence at Starks Park is a stain on the club. I’ll be tearing up my season ticket too. This is a heartbreaker for me and many other fans, I know.

Eta: posted for AL-FFC and any others who don't have twitter. Seems quite clear her thoughts on it. 

@AL-FFC

Edited by Believe The Hype

4 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

I have this morning ended my lifelong support of@RaithRovers Over their signing of the rapist David Goodwillie. I have cancelled next season’s shirt sponsorship over this disgusting and despicable move. This shatters any claim to be a community or family club. 1/2

2/2 Goodwillie has never expressed a shred of remorse for the rape he committed. His presence at Starks Park is a stain on the club. I’ll be tearing up my season ticket too. This is a heartbreaker for me and many other fans, I know.

Eta: posted for AL-FFC and any others who don't have twitter. Seems quite clear her thoughts on it. 

@AL-FFC

Thanks mate, (I dont do twitter), morals and Raith dont seem to go hand in hand.

12 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

A2F1E55C-AC9A-4E2E-A217-C0C89C94DFC9.jpeg

Guest Caractacus Potts
20 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Agree with that in general but the board can’t sanction a signing that will drive many of its customers away. 

Also what of Hughes spending a fortune on old players when it was clear he was looking to leave the club at the first opportunity? There’s been plenty of chat about the board being culpable of not standing up to Hughes back then. 

What of Hartley making a squad of complete nobodies? Was the board to ignore any alarm bells when he was signing a huge squad of players that no one had heard of?

I think the board by and large has to put trust in their manager but surely they have to make their own assessments as to value for money and in Goodwillie’s case the impact it will have to the clubs reputation?