The Falkirk FC Thread

Had we got McHugh in when Loy got injured we would have been in the play offs.

Had you got McHugh in when Loy got injured, you would most likely have missed the playoffs by a narrower margin. Lest we forget though, you were below us before Loy got injured too. The idea that the loss of Loy is all that stood between you and the playoffs is fanciful to say the least.

I wouldn't say I'm taking it for granted.

Given the parachute payment and the Premiership wages they will still be paying to players, St Mirren will have a bigger budget than us.

That said I'm not impressed by anything about St Mirren, though I will reserve my judgement until we play them.

Parachute payment = Cup final. Add our player sales, low spend on salaries last season and season ticket sales this year their budget in no way should be bigger than ours. Their payments to players who got them relegated should give them less room for movement too.

The only thing in their favour is their property cost I would guess. Our hovel costs us money, most other clubs get income from theirs. That certainly was not Houston's fault!

I think were in a better going into this season than we were last, even more so if we can get another decent striker in. We started slow last season which was probably down to the new manager coming in but we improved throughout the season but did struggle when Loy got injured.

We will be behind Rangers and Hibs again this season but will be disappointed if we finish behind Queens again with the players they have lost. St Mirren are a complete unknown but will most likely be up there with us fighting for the play-offs.

Parachute payment = Cup final. Add our player sales, low spend on salaries last season and season ticket sales this year their budget in no way should be bigger than ours. Their payments to players who got them relegated should give them less room for movement too.

I agree they have less free cash to spend, but they will definitely have a higher wage bill than us.

I also agree that the Cup final will give us similar cash to their parachute payment but we certainly aren't spending it.

I'd argue til I dropped our wage bill in July 2014 was higher than it is now even though we've banked a fortune in that year.

I'm unsure if you're trying to say that we are paying out more in wages than St Mirren?

We took zero points from 3 winnable away games after Loy got injured that was the main difference. We only needed to beat Livy or Dumbarton and beat queens to have made it I think. Even a draw at palmerston would've made a big difference. Losing Loy was a huge blow as there was no one to fill that gap due to our managers ineptness in the striker market.

We took zero points from 3 winnable away games after Loy got injured that was the main difference. We only needed to beat Livy or Dumbarton and beat queens to have made it I think. Even a draw at palmerston would've made a big difference. Losing Loy was a huge blow as there was no one to fill that gap due to our managers ineptness in the striker market.

By the time you came to Palmerston, a draw would have been of no use to you. I'd have killed for a draw on the morning of that game, so was rather pleased with our lethargic victory. We'd beaten Hibs and Rangers over the previous two games, pretty much tying up 4th, so long as we avoided defeat against your lot.

Had you got McHugh in when Loy got injured, you would most likely have missed the playoffs by a narrower margin. Lest we forget though, you were below us before Loy got injured too. The idea that the loss of Loy is all that stood between you and the playoffs is fanciful to say the least.

You just hanging about here looking to take a pop? Your nose out of joint as we'll make more out of Baird, Kerr and McHugh than you could ever do?

I'm confident we will click this season and be miles ahead of QOS, they've had a really good few years but I expect them to fall away. In the time I've been following Falkirk I've seen Clyde & Ayr have prominent spells in the 1st and fall away, this could easily happen to QOS with the players they've lost. Are QOS that bigger than Ayr? I'd suggest not.

Our biggest challenger this season will be the Buddies. Starting to get excited for the season to be off and running.

Queens deserved to finish above us last season simple as that. Overall how many seasons have they finished above us in recent years? They managed a 4th place finish and their best season for years whilst we finished 5th our worst season for years, it happens now and again. They will probably do a Morton and be scrapping down the bottom now they have lost their best squad in recent years.

Lets move on now :)

Of course they deserved to finish above us. They had a manager that made the most out of his budget and squad although he'll be up against it this season after losing so many players. I would suggest that getting Queens into 4th this season would be a much bigger achievement even than last season. Unfortunately we had a manager who was the exact opposite in that money was pissed down the drain on woeful signings like Smith, Cooper, Morgan and Boulding and that cost us any chance of a playoff.

Well no, it's definitely not for sure. He has stated very openly he is waiting to get the right player in. He appears to have learned his mistakes from last year of perhaps signing people too early who aren't good enough.

Also he signed a 3 year contract last summer.

3 years? Pffffft...not good news then. Let's wait and see

I wouldn't disagree with any of that. Hope Queens don't 'do a Clyde' though

As in be totally forgotten about? Agreed. That should be solely a Clyde FC thing.