The Falkirk FC Thread

Timed that fishing expedition poorly, didnt I ?

Ok, by way of apology, I'll tell you that Compton is going on trial to Bradford, he wont play for you again, and McGoverns all but done deal. Theres a defender up from , I think Rochdale, too. Matt something.

Flynns moneys, or some of it, is going towards McGovern, McManus and Winters.

Matt Flynn.

We played some decent stuff at times tonight although we are still a bit toothless up front of course.

The Positives:

Rhys Bennett played the first half and played quite well, he also gives us some much needed height. Matt Flynn came on for him at half-time and he too put a very solid shift in.

Steven Kingsley surpringsingly put in a great shift in midfield. He done well to keep going after that shocking tackle from Kisnorbo.

McGovern didn't have an awful lot to do but his communication with his defence was excellent certainly an improvement on Boaby.

The Negatives:

Tam Sobbie. His own goal was bizarre, a bit like Armand One against us last week really. For the second goal he simply wasn't paying attention to Snodgrass and left him with a free header. He's also still never a full-back.

With Darren Dods at the back if teams try to play long balls against us then he'll just head the ball away all day long but if we keep playing this ridiculously high line then with his 'pace' we're going to get caught out time and again.

Has there been any sign of the French trialist striker since the Alloa game?

He played and scored against Dundee Utd.

The Negatives:

Tam Sobbie. His own goal was bizarre, a bit like Armand One against us last week really. For the second goal he simply wasn't paying attention to Snodgrass and left him with a free header. He's also still never a full-back.

With Darren Dods at the back if teams try to play long balls against us then he'll just head the ball away all day long but if we keep playing this ridiculously high line then with his 'pace' we're going to get caught out time and again.

This. With Scobbie also on the left hand side, we're really lacking in pace there. A few through balls to strikers with any degree of pace on the left and we're buggered. Kingsley was good in midfield, but I'd rather he stayed at left back.

McGovern et al. were announced by name rather than as "trialists" Have they signed?

PS, where was Compton? Could KingsTON's rumour be true?

McGovern et al. were announced by name rather than as "trialists" Have they signed?

PS, where was Compton? Could KingsTON's rumour be true?

I don't think they've signed, I'd imagine it's more to do with the fact that everyone already knows who they are so there's not much point in announcing them as 'trialists'.

I wouldn't be surprised. It's common knowledge that Pressley isn't exactly Compton's biggest fan and one way or another I expect him to be away before the start of the season.

Pretty decent game for a friendly i thought,especially with the number of substitutes used by both sides. Leeds actually had 11 different players on the pitch at full-time from the 11 which started the game,albeit a quintuple half-time substitution and a sextuple one after about an hour.

Falkirk had the best clear-cut chances in the first half despite Leeds having the bulk of possession and pressure. One hit the bar and ended up on the roof of the net and they also had a close-range effort saved early on,although i think the Falkirk striker perhaps scuffed his shot a little. The deflected free-kick at the end was very close and would perhaps have put a fairer reflection on the scoreline had it gone in,although i still think Leeds deserved their victory.

Leeds seemed to be able to use the wings a lot better than Falkirk,especially in the first half, but the final ball was rather poor most of the time. Falkirk had more success when they played through the middle, made some decent passing moves which led to several openings but were never capitalised on(someone shoot!).

Snodgrass was Leeds' man of the match,created a lot down the right in the first half and topped it off well with his header for the second goal at the start of the second half. Had this game not been a friendly, then Falkirk would probably have had a man advantage for most of the game,seen a red card for a lot less than that Kisnorbo challenge,even some of the Leeds supporters were wincing when he did that!

The number 6 for Falkirk (Murdoch?) played well in the first half i thought,always looking for the ball and was comfortable when on it,even when the midfield got tight. He played a few quick,clever passes and some one-twos to create openings and looked very assured up against a midfield surely better than what he'll face in the league this season. Falkirks numbers 5,8 & 10(i think!) i thought were also solid enough tonight,apologies for not knowing their names.

On a personal note, i managed to kill two birds with one stone tonight. Seen my English team play and managed to chalk off a 'new' stadium off the list(although i have been to Brockville a few times).

Definitely the best programme i've ever seen for a friendly!

Pretty decent game for a friendly i thought,especially with the number of substitutes used by both sides. Leeds actually had 11 different players on the pitch at full-time from the 11 which started the game,albeit a quintuple half-time substitution and a sextuple one after about an hour.

Falkirk had the best clear-cut chances in the first half despite Leeds having the bulk of possession and pressure. One hit the bar and ended up on the roof of the net and they also had a close-range effort saved early on,although i think the Falkirk striker perhaps scuffed his shot a little. The deflected free-kick at the end was very close and would perhaps have put a fairer reflection on the scoreline had it gone in,although i still think Leeds deserved their victory.

Leeds seemed to be able to use the wings a lot better than Falkirk,especially in the first half, but the final ball was rather poor most of the time. Falkirk had more success when they played through the middle, made some decent passing moves which led to several openings but were never capitalised on(someone shoot!).

Snodgrass was Leeds' man of the match,created a lot down the right in the first half and topped it off well with his header for the second goal at the start of the second half. Had this game not been a friendly, then Falkirk would probably have had a man advantage for most of the game,seen a red card for a lot less than that Kisnorbo challenge,even some of the Leeds supporters were wincing when he did that!

The number 6 for Falkirk (Murdoch?) played well in the first half i thought,always looking for the ball and was comfortable when on it,even when the midfield got tight. He played a few quick,clever passes and some one-twos to create openings and looked very assured up against a midfield surely better than what he'll face in the league this season. Falkirks numbers 5,8 & 10(i think!) i thought were also solid enough tonight,apologies for not knowing their names.

On a personal note, i managed to kill two birds with one stone tonight. Seen my English team play and managed to chalk off a 'new' stadium off the list(although i have been to Brockville a few times).

Definitely the best programme i've ever seen for a friendly!

5 - Rhys Bennet

6 - Stewart Murdoch

8 - Mark Millar

10 - Kallum Higgonbotham.

Enjoyed that last night. Was very Impressed by Bennet, Higganbotham(already looks much better than last season), Millar, Kingsley, and Dods(as a captain especially). Credit where it's due, Pressley seems to have begun to realise that all of the tippy tappy pish doesn't work and that trying to get the ball forward at every opportunity works so much better. As a "team", this side is already working much better together than all of individual "stars" from last season. Granted, they are not all as individually talented yet, but with a few more years experience then we could have a really, really good team on our hands.

As for this season, it would appear that top 5 is a likely outcome. However next season and the season after, promotion becomes a real possibility.

On a side note, the new pies are absolutely rancid.

Enjoyed that last night. Was very Impressed by Bennet, Higganbotham(already looks much better than last season), Millar, Kingsley, and Dods(as a captain especially). Credit where it's due, Pressley seems to have begun to realise that all of the tippy tappy pish doesn't work and that trying to get the ball forward at every opportunity works so much better. As a "team", this side is already working much better together than all of individual "stars" from last season. Granted, they are not all as individually talented yet, but with a few more years experience then we could have a really, really good team on our hands.

As for this season, it would appear that top 5 is a likely outcome. However next season and the season after, promotion becomes a real possibility.

On a side note, the new pies are absolutely rancid.

Maybe that's why they were reduced to just a pound then?

I didn't think there was a failure in the side. I thought Bennett, Murdoch (MOTM), Millar, Kingsley and Higginbotham were all very good. I don't think Higgy was any different than usual though really. He was very good last pre-season as well.

That looks like a typical result for next season TBH. The young boys, although very good, would be eaten alive in most competitive games. For example I thought 11 year old Craig Sibbald looked full of talent and potential when he came on but I wouldn't want him anywhere near the bench never mind the team.

We desperately need a 'keeper, left back, experienced midfielder and at least a couple of strikers or we could be in real trouble!

I agree that these laddies could form a very good team in a few years. I just hope we've still got a club for them to play for.