The Falkirk FC Thread

A bit, yeah. Certainly if you're an adult.

I don't agree, a player with a good relationship with the fans can make a big difference to your enjoyment of a game. The whole Farid kissing the coin stuff and running to Bullen when he scored was excellent and added to the match day experience. You want your players to get the crowd going and to really celebrate with the fans.

In real terms, we signed Lyle Taylor straight after Farid left so we didn't actually miss his goals that much but we didn't have the same love for Taylor.

Taylor was a better player as well as having a better scoring record than Farid, no error.

Farid had a far better rapport with the fans however and so is regarded with greater fondness.

Not sure what the queens fan earlier fails to understand about this.

One thing Farid and Lyle do have in common is the ordinariness of their careers since leaving us.

Though I'd happily take a couple of grand a week to sit on a bench every Saturday afternoon tbf

I love the ham-fisted attempts to mock Falkirk fans when they chat about guys like Farid. There is absolutely nothing wrong in celebrating a player for the connection he had with the fans. Farid was good for the Falkirk fans. He came along at a point where I think we were suffering from a collective post-relegation depression. We were under no illusions that he'd move on. And Falkirk were good to Farid. He enjoyed his spell and played very well. He didn't move to sit injured or on the bench at Hibs. He did it via a money spinner at Brentford, where he got to nob off with some Towie bird.

From what I've seen of Grant he does indeed enjoy playing for us. He probably loves playing full stop. He certainly gets involved in all the community efforts the club put on. There seems to be an acknowledgement from him that he's playing week in week out, something that wouldn't be guaranteed if he had stayed down south. He'll move on and rightly so. We all know it and expect it. Nothing wrong with appreciating more than just his performances on the pitch.

Perhaps most players just can't wait to get the f**k out of Dumfries :P

Given where QOS got their nickname 'the doonhamers' it seems the population of Dumfries spent as little time down there as possible.

Why would footballers who are not from the area want to stay there?

You chaps are so fragile.

You love it when a footballer tickles your tummies.

Farid was amazing for us, easily the best thing to come out of the Pressley era.

He'd definitely make it onto the 18 Heros poster released a few seasons ago.

What a guy!

Nonsense

Some on there such as Coyle should never have made that when the likes of Geordie Gibson and John Markie didn't, so no way should another one season wonder make it.

Edited by Back Post Misses

Nonsense

Some on there such as Coyle should never have made that when the likes of Geordie Gibson and John Markie didn't, so no way should another one season wonder make it.

Guess it just comes down to opinions, I'd have Farid there everyday of the week. There arent any right or wrong answers on this one.