The Falkirk FC Thread

Agreed. Great remembrance tribute by the club pre match and a nice touch including the Paris victims in the minute silence.

There was a moment of real unity in the 2nd half when we were attacking constantly and the team were doing all they could to score and to a man, the full South stand belted out "We're blue, we're white" in recognition.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

The late sammy conn should have been on that poster (which hangs in my games room) due to the fact he scored the best lobbed header ever seen at brockville when the ball hit him square on the coupon when attempting a near post diving header & sailed magnificently over the keeper & went in on the back post angle ....sammy even had the gall to celebrate it

When I started going to games I had no knowledge of who Sammy Conn was,he was before my time supporting Falkirk but my favourite Falkirk song was 'Sammy Condom You're a w****r, You're a w****r' which featured heavily in any game against Airdrie. I seem to remember him being the most unpopular player in the Falkirk Unnoficial fanzine's ex bairn watch too.

I can understand Falkirk taking the influential Kerr off of us, but Baird really is a squad player and nothing more, not sure I understand that one.

10 goals from Baird. Are you serious ?

You wont even get 10 passes from the lazy wee fecker

Impressive result today chaps.

What do you think?

Is this a decent Falkirk side?

I'd expect you to probably reach the play-offs, but then not be favourites against Hibs/Dundee Utd/someone else.

How does this team compare to recent ones? I'm guessing they outstrip last season's Cup blowers, but where do they stand alongside those of previous seasons since you rejoined the second tier?

Edited by Monkey Tennis

What do you think?

I'd expect you to probably reach the play-offs, but then not be favourites against Hibs/Dundee Utd/someone else.

How does this team compare to recent ones? I'm guessing they outstrip last season's Cup blowers, but where do they stand alongside those of previous seasons since you rejoined the second tier?

It's a decent squad with a decent manager.

Better than last season? Our current league placing would suggest yes and we are beating teams we would have drawn/lost last season.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

What do you think?

It's probably the best side we've had since we came back down from the SPL. Hell, it's probably better than the side we had when we were relegated.

Here's the team that started the 0-0 draw against Kilmarnock in the last game of 09/10:

Robert Olejnik

Darren Barr

Brian McLean

Tam Scobbie

Burton O'Brien

Mark Twaddle

Colin Healy

Scott Arfield

Ryan Flynn

Enoch Showumni

Pedro Moutinho

Realistically only three or four players from that squad would get into today's team - Arfield, Flynn and (possibly) Scobbie. Darren Barr if he was anything like as good he was before that season (on current form, no).

Here's the team that started the 0-0 draw against Kilmarnock in the last game of 09/10:

Robert Olejnik

Darren Barr

Brian McLean

Tam Scobbie

Burton O'Brien

Mark Twaddle

Colin Healy

Scott Arfield

Ryan Flynn

Enoch Showumni

Pedro Moutinho

Realistically only three or four players from that squad would get into today's team - Arfield, Flynn and (possibly) Scobbie. Darren Barr if he was anything like as good he was before that season (on current form, no).

No wonder we were relegated, good grief.

McGovern .Kingsley mcgrandles higgenbotham are better than Rogers leahy Kerr & mchugh individually

Getting less and less convinced on the Kingsley is better than Leahy bit. He certainly was a better defender (in fact I think he was best at CH) but he did not offer nearly as much does going forward.

Robert Olejnik

Darren Barr

Brian McLean

Tam Scobbie

Burton O'Brien

Mark Twaddle

Colin Healy

Scott Arfield

Ryan Flynn

Enoch Showumni

Pedro Moutinho

The wastes of spaces in that side were, Olejnik, McLean, O'Brien, Twaddle, Healy and Big Show.

The others would enhance our team now IMO (as players at the time).

But as someone else said it was no wonder we got relegated

Going to take a break from my usual negative thinking . Is it too early to mention the "p" word? There was f**k all in the hubs game bar the penalty, we were decent against a very attacking rangers side? It may only have been running 2 years but it looks like you need to finish 2nd to have a chance of going up, 3/4 means 6 games in 2 weeks , a bridge too far for our type of players imp. We won't be favourites but we've still got a chance, we won't win the league but 2nd isnt unimaginable

Going to take a break from my usual negative thinking . Is it too early to mention the "p" word? There was f**k all in the hubs game bar the penalty, we were decent against a very attacking rangers side? It may only have been running 2 years but it looks like you need to finish 2nd to have a chance of going up, 3/4 means 6 games in 2 weeks , a bridge too far for our type of players imp. We won't be favourites but we've still got a chance, we won't win the league but 2nd isnt unimaginable

Far too early, but encouraging signs shown so far.

We can do this!