The Falkirk FC Thread

The top flight isnt what it used to be now that its full of sides like hamilton, ross county and ict. The championship with hibs and sevco in it is just as competitive and we've been to two scottish cup finals, numerous semis and had european football in recent times. If I was him i'd be trying to get a move down south where the real money is but if hes desperate to play at the likes of new douglas park or the global energy stadium then so be it.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

The top flight isnt what it used to be now that its full of sides like hamilton, ross county and ict. The championship with hibs and sevco in it is just as competitive and we've been to two scottish cup finals, numerous semis and had european football in recent times. If I was him i'd be trying to get a move down south where the real money is.

Would you rather remain in the Championship than get promoted?

The only reason id like to see us get up would be the slight rise in cash you get and the increased sponsorship cash you tend to get due to the more tv exposure. Makes the club more viable to run on a long term basis. Otherwise im pretty non plussed about getting the two men and a dug visiting from ict,rc, hamilton etc on a regular basis aswell as having to pay more every week for a standard of football that aint that much better.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

To be fair, despite some of your P&B fans mewlings - I really like Falkirk as a club and would like to see them in the top flight. You do have some drawbacks - 3 stands killing the atmosphere for a start - but we always seem to have thrilling games against each other.

Shadwell Dog :lol:

You wouldn't know about playing in the Premier League so no idea what you would find funny.

Anyway Scottish Football better get used to teams with poor supports in the top league. The ICT, RC's, Hamilton and St.Johnstone's are not going anywhere soon, and why should they. They got there on merit and have every right to be staying there.

It is not their fault teams like Rangers, Hearts, Dundee and Dunfermline continually cheated by spending money they didn't have. Rangers are still at it and Hibs are now at it. Lost 800k last season god knows what it will be this season.

Next season we will have at least another two "big" clubs down again. Dundee Utd, maybe Hibs again, maybe even Dundee or Kilmarnock. With Dunfermline coming up and possibly Ayr up the Championship could be a cracker again. In that respect Shadwell is correct. I would rather play those clubs than Hamilton, ICT and RC with their travelling support that would fit into a seven seater taxi.

However the Premiership is the best place to play for me and we have to strive to get there.

We will however not be there next season.

The only reason id like to see us get up would be the slight rise in cash you get and the increased sponsorship cash you tend to get due to the more tv exposure. Makes the club more viable to run on a long term basis. Otherwise im pretty non plussed about getting the two men and a dug visiting from ict,rc, hamilton etc on a regular basis aswell as having to pay more every week for a standard of football that aint that much better.

Youre a dreadful person

You asked my opinion. I remember when the premier was the league to really be in. Big crowds every week and good football on show. There was a huge gap between the top flight and the first back then in the mid to late 80s. Now football wise theres not that much difference and neither is there crowd wise. Ict rc hamilton are all well run teams and thats why their in the top flight whilst teams like ourselves, ayr, st mirren, sevco, hibs and morton are stuck in the championship. However, at present whilst getting promotion would be great im not going to be devestated if we're still down here for another season

Why would he want to play in the championship over the premiership? If he has any ambition he will clearly move on.

More cash is the only thing that an SPL move will bring, Ambition = move to England

I dont think English clubs other than Elvis at wherever he is, will be interested in Alston, I did have side steps QOS, Raith and St Mirren with bottom SPL 6 and St Johnstone in mind re folk that could be interested.

Plenty players have chosen Rangers in lower leagues, Hearts and Hibs in the championship in recent times, Stokes at Hibs for recent, The SPL is in poor shape, Celtic 8 Hamilton 1 highlights this and how really outside Celtic, Aberdeen and Hearts its a real free for all, where clubs beat each other willynilly.....unless you are Dundee Utd

Fucking hell :lol:

Different for hibs obviously. They should really be top 6 in the premier every season fighting it out with hearts, aberdeen, sevco for whose going to be runner up to celtic. Wouldnt be fair if i expected us to beat hibs and sevco to a promotion spot this season.

Back Post Misses, on 21 Jan 2016 - 13:55, said:

You wouldn't know about playing in the Premier League so no idea what you would find funny.

Anyway Scottish Football better get used to teams with poor supports in the top league. The ICT, RC's, Hamilton and St.Johnstone's are not going anywhere soon, and why should they. They got there on merit and have every right to be staying there.

It is not their fault teams like Rangers, Hearts, Dundee and Dunfermline continually cheated by spending money they didn't have. Rangers are still at it and Hibs are now at it. Lost 800k last season god knows what it will be this season.

Next season we will have at least another two "big" clubs down again. Dundee Utd, maybe Hibs again, maybe even Dundee or Kilmarnock. With Dunfermline coming up and possibly Ayr up the Championship could be a cracker again. In that respect Shadwell is correct. I would rather play those clubs than Hamilton, ICT and RC with their travelling support that would fit into a seven seater taxi.

However the Premiership is the best place to play for me and we have to strive to get there.

We will however not be there next season.

Shadwell Dog, on 21 Jan 2016 - 14:06, said:

You asked my opinion. I remember when the premier was the league to really be in. Big crowds every week and good football on show. There was a huge gap between the top flight and the first back then in the mid to late 80s. Now football wise theres not that much difference and neither is there crowd wise. Ict rc hamilton are all well run teams and thats why their in the top flight whilst teams like ourselves, ayr, st mirren, sevco, hibs and morton are stuck in the championship. However, at present whilst getting promotion would be great im not going to be devestated if we're still down here for another season

:lol:

Oh, and Falkirk aren't Rangers, Hibs or Hearts, who are big clubs. So that comparison isn't really fair.

I'd hope that with our current financial situation being very good that we could at least compete with some of the smaller sides in the top flight. If Alston was to move on I'd like to think he'd be moving on to a real step up and not to sides playing in front of crowds nearly half what we're getting.

Oh Jesus.

It's crowd stuff again.