The Falkirk FC Thread

Agree with you mostly. Not sure about the income off field thing though. Are you including player sales? Prize money? We've generated a decent amount of both in the last 2 years.

Player sales yes, although St Johnstone have earned a few quid that way too.

Surely, more prize money will have come St Johnstone's way in recent years, than Falkirk's?

I don't agree the make up of the Championship is out of kilter anymore.

The clubs I mentioned before are there to stay which means "bigger" clubs will always be in this league unless the top league is expanded. Arguably next season is setting up to be the most competitive yet.

If you were to write down the top traditional 14 clubs or so in Scotland four or five currently in the top league would not be on that list.

A top flight without Hibs or Rangers, but with two Highland clubs and Hamilton is anomalous.

It's all good though. This thing is after all a meritocracy.

Player sales yes, although St Johnstone have earned a few quid that way too. Surely, more prize money will have come St Johnstone's way in recent years, than Falkirk's?

The off field turnover is relatively high too. We have a restaurant, function rooms, artificial surfaces etc at the stadium which all do really well. Not sure about now, but it used to be a very significant proportion of our income.

The off field turnover is relatively high too. We have a restaurant, function rooms, artificial surfaces etc at the stadium which all do really well. Not sure about now, but it used to be a very significant proportion of our income.

Yes, that's what I was referring to when I mentioned St Johnstone having much the healthier off field financial situation. I'm sure I've read Falkirk fans on here, moaning about their stadium making them no money.

Yes, that's what I was referring to when I mentioned St Johnstone having much the healthier off field financial situation. I'm sure I've read Falkirk fans on here, moaning about their stadium making them no money.

How can it when they don't own it? They rent it off the council on match-days no? That's why it's a public car park the rest of the time.

How can it when they don't own it? They rent it off the council on match-days no? That's why it's a public car park the rest of the time.

As far as I'm aware Falkirk own the pitch and the spectator facilities within the Main and North stands whilst paying Sandy Alexander rent for the South Stand.

In terms of both clubs financial positions there really cannot be much between the us and St. Johnstone. Any additional off field income they have compared to us will probably be off set by the larger crowds we get. Not having a dig, just a hunch.

As far as I'm aware Falkirk own the pitch and the spectator facilities within the Main and North stands whilst paying Sandy Alexander rent for the South Stand.

In terms of both clubs financial positions there really cannot be much between the us and St. Johnstone. Any additional off field income they have compared to us will probably be off set by the larger crowds we get. Not having a dig, just a hunch.

Says here its the councils

http://www.falkirkstadium.co.uk/falkirk-community-stadium-ltd

Not quite.

FFC own main pitch, North stand, South stand, West stand pitch facing facilities (ie seating etc), 85% of the West stand ground floor facilities (Stadium company have an office & there's a private nursery) and 2 car parks. We also own the land in full that the new East stand will be built on.

FFC pay no rent to the council at all.

What the council own/make money from is:

Main car park (the one your referring to & used for the Helix on non match days)

Office/Hospitality suites on 1st, 2nd & 3rd floors of West stand.

6 x 5 a side pitches next to the stadium.

Edited by RC55 FFC

Im sure when the partnership between the council and FFC broke - up it was split up. After all the council would have no real interest in the spectator facilities as it doesn't need them and the football club wouldn't need all the office space available. Hence it was split.

Im sure when the partnership between the council and FFC broke - up it was split up. After all the council would have no real interest in the spectator facilities as it doesn't need them and the football club wouldn't need all the office space available. Hence it was split.

Spot on.

FFC did not have to pay the remaining £2m owed to the council for the North stand in exchange for the deeds for that stand and forgoing any ownership/rental income from the non football areas of the West stand & 5 a side pitches.

We own all the football related areas the council own the rest as far as i know. We should be starting to make a decent killing on the pitch hire front soon now that we've decided to pay it all off. Our superior season ticket numbers and receng seasons large profits should have us pretty even with st johnstone on the income front id hope.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

You'll often hear Falkirk fans moaning about money, it means more to them than the actual football.