The Falkirk FC Thread

We've over £2m in a separate bank account collecting interest ^_^

Falkirk only averaged 1000 more fans than us last season, and thats with them sharing a league with Rangers, Hibs and Hearts while we had Ross County, ICT and Hamilton....

Ahem...you did also have Dundee and Dundee Utd visiting, who bring good supports to Perth. I suspect Aberdeen took down good numbers as well. The away supports at TFS outside the 3 teams you mentioned, were utterly rotten (we're talking 300 or less) Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Ahem...you did also have Dundee and Dundee Utd visiting, who bring good supports to Perth. I suspect Aberdeen took down good numbers as well. The away supports at TFS outside the 3 teams you mentioned, were utterly rotten (we're talking 300 or less)

I don't think he was being entirely serious.

Ahem...you did also have Dundee and Dundee Utd visiting, who bring good supports to Perth. I suspect Aberdeen took down good numbers as well. The away supports at TFS outside the 3 teams you mentioned, were utterly rotten (we're talking 300 or less)

Plus the simple fact we were shit apart from our Scottish cup run. Saints had an excellent season 2014-15.

Hibs v St Johnstone semi should give us a wee bit of an idea on where we're lying behind them in performance terms as theirs really been nothing between us and Hibs so far this season.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Yes but its not as big a gap as it used to be especially with ict, rc and hamilton up there and its not currently the be all and end all either with the improved cash split and likes of hibs hearts rangers and probably du next season playing in it.We'll get there eventually but i wont be gutted if we lose out to the likes of rangers and hibs.

Have you erased Ross County beating us 7-0 just a few months ago from your tiny mind?

No doubt you can prove this.

I have no figures but do you agree with my back of a fag packet estimates?

Approx average wage for a starter for Celtic this season = 8-10k

Approx average wage for a starter at Accies this season = 500-600

Approx average wage for a starter at Hearts last season = 2-3k

Approx average wage for a starter for Cowdenbeath last season = 200-300

I have no figures but do you agree with my back of a fag packet estimates?

Approx average wage for a starter for Celtic this season = 8-10k

Approx average wage for a starter at Accies this season = 500-600

Approx average wage for a starter at Hearts last season = 2-3k

Approx average wage for a starter for Cowdenbeath last season = 200-300

:lol:

Have you erased Ross County beating us 7-0 just a few months ago from your tiny mind?

No we had a bad night that night but it can happen to any side. Ross County are a good team but we're also not as bad as our performance was that night. In the previous round we comfortably beat Partick at Firhill and they've been proven to be not a bad side either since then . We've only lost twice in 16 games since the 7-0 drubbing. Would be interesting to know where people think that the current hibs and rangers sides would be in the top flight currently.

No we had a bad night that night but it can happen to any side. Ross County are a good team but we're also not as bad as our performance was that night. In the previous round we comfortably beat Partick at Firhill and they've been proven to be not a bad side either since then . We've only lost twice in 16 games since the 7-0 drubbing. Would be interesting to know where people think that the current hibs and rangers sides would be in the top flight currently.

Below Aberdeen and Hearts certainly. Rangers probably fourth. Hibs would be mixing it with the sides between 5th and 11th.

Which 5 and which 5 that are missing would replace them? How far back or what timeframe are you using to define the traditional clubs?

I would say

Hamilton

Ross County

ICT

St. Johnstone

And possibly Partick Thistle

They would be replaced by

Hibs

Rangers

St.Mirren

Dunfermline

Falkirk

Morton

I know that is more than is in there but it is the way the game has changed.

All of those clubs don't go into 12 and I don't think any of the clubs I mentioned are going to go anywhere fast. Of the one I have mentioned only Morton have no recent history of being in the top league

I would say

Hamilton

Ross County

ICT

St. Johnstone

And possibly Partick Thistle

They would be replaced by

Hibs

Rangers

St.Mirren

Dunfermline

Falkirk

Morton

I know that is more than is in there but it is the way the game has changed.

All of those clubs don't go into 12 and I don't think any of the clubs I mentioned are going to go anywhere fast. Of the one I have mentioned only Morton have no recent history of being in the top league

Morton :lol:

How far back are you going for this tradition seeing as its almost three decades since they were in the top flight.

Since Morton were last in the top flight St. Mirren and St. Johnstone have spent around half of the seasons in the top flight. ICT have spent around half their existence in the top flight. All on something like the same number as the pars and far more than Falkirk who are probably around the same number as Partick.

Hibs and Rangers are a given for Ross County and Accies. You could make an argument for St. Mirren and the Pars but not at the expense of ICT and St. Johnstone. One of them for Partick would hold up over the last 30 years but only just.

The rest is absolute pie in the sky.

Of course we could extend the timeframe and include Third Lanark as a traditional top flight team.

Still can't believe you said Morton :lol:

If I had to choose a top flight I'd go for

Celtic

Rangers

Hearts

Hibs

DU

Dundee

Motherwell

Falkirk

Dunfermline

St Mirren

Aberdeen

Kilmarnock

Morton

St Johnstone

Partick

Raith

Not too far to travel apart from Aberdeen plus all have the basis of a decent away support at that level to hopefully improve the atmosphere at games.

Some cracking fixtures.

Will never happen nowadays as too many clubs are paying for past mismanagement and that's let the likes of ICT, Hamilton and RC overtake a lot of these clubs due to either substantial owner investment or having a bod in place who actually know what their doing.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

If I had to choose a top flight I'd go for

Celtic

Rangers

Hearts

Hibs

DU

Dundee

Motherwell

Falkirk

Dunfermline

St Mirren

Aberdeen

Kilmarnock

Morton

St Johnstone

Partick

Raith

Not too far to travel apart from Aberdeen plus all have the basis of a decent away support at that level to hopefully improve the atmosphere at games.

Some cracking fixtures.

Will never happen nowadays as too many clubs are paying for past mismanagement and that's let the likes of ICT, Hamilton and RC overtake a lot of these clubs due to either substantial owner investment or having a bod in place who actually know what their doing.

If I had to choose a top flight, I'd devise some points system whereby the teams who perform best are in it and any who recklessly overspend or just play really badly, pay for it by spending time outside of it, even if they're quite big.

I'd go with this system I think, rather than just select the biggest ones nearest to my house.