The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

As much as getting to the cup semi is a bonus we have hardly kicked a ball in the league since, it's been way more of a distraction than I think anyone could have imagined. This season has the potential to be fantastic regarding promotion and getting to a cup final ( which we won't win) but it looks very much like we are just going through the motions at the minute and that's a worry.

Probably won’t win. If we got to the final, I’d give us a 3% chance vs Rangers and 1% vs Celtic

Positives from today, we didn't lose, Airdrie didn't really look threatening and surely to god it's made McGlynn realise Burrell has to start.

Negatives from today, another Kinnear howler, another period in a game where we completely disappear and another day of McGlynn refusing to change the formation when he's got it wrong. The Burrell straight swap for Oliver was baffling.

17 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Williamson will be in for Rowe on Tuesday, he’s young but been getting away without criticism for weeks now 

Calm yourself, Williamson's honking.

Rowe's an athlete nobody can dispute that but given how attacking we play and how much he gets forward you'd think he'd have at least got himself an assist by now, he always seems to hit the first man. Defensively he's ok but he's definitely prone to a brain fart.

Edited by FFC 1876

Disappointing 2nd half performance however outside that 10 min period Airdire didn’t really trouble us. I too worry about the keeper. Burrell has to start. If we are going to play 4-2-3–1 then the three behind him have to be Kennedy, Nesbitt and Morrison. That leaves 2 from Henderson, McGinn and Max. Also have the option to play Henderson at CH too. 
Better point for us and a win on Tuesday almost guarantees 2nd. Airdrie by no means certain of 3rd with Alloa pressing them. 

58 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Think if you were to sum up today, it would be that once again you've seen more to worry about in the Falkirk side than Airdrie.

I could be wrong but it seems you changed your formation from Tuesday against montrose to play us? Looked to try and be more solid. So clearly you were worried? Whereas we just played the same team and formation as usual. 

54 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Think if you were to sum up today, it would be that once again you've seen more to worry about in the Falkirk side than Airdrie.

Oddly enough, we’d say the same thing in reverse!

What are Falkirk fans thoughts about the semi-final? Obviously form has dropped off massively since losing at East End Park but you’d think the players would be right up for it at the moment, as making sure they’re in the team against Inverness and then play-offs is a great incentive. Inverness seem to be hitting form at the right time but it’s certainly a game Falkirk have a good chance of winning.

1 minute ago, Aufc said:

I could be wrong but it seems you changed your formation from Tuesday against montrose to play us? Looked to try and be more solid. So clearly you were worried? Whereas we just played the same team and formation as usual. 

Tuesday was the change away from the normal. Today was reverting to what we've played for most of the season

I'd genuinely give us more chance of making progress in the play-offs if we finished third. The gutless, shitebag mentality that has been all too prevalent at this club for far too long (and which McGlynn appears to have done little to resolve, the Scottish Cup Q/F being very much the exception to the rule) means I'm struggling to see much of a downside to going away for the second leg of any semi final. Playing at home second in front of a large home crowd would only precipitate yet another bottle job and a fifth season flailing about at this level.

That collapse today, from a position of pretty serene control against an opponent who had offered absolutely nothing in the first half was a complete and utter disgrace. Bottlers.

18 minutes ago, unused sub said:

Burrell needs to start, if McGlynn can't see this he needs to get down to the opticians. 

Burrell has scored 12 goals and yet has only started 3or 4 games. Great performance! 

2 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

That’s Mglynns job to figure out but he HAS to start. Every game from now on .

He does but it’s worth offering an opinion.  I don’t like 4-4-2 in this day and age, what about sacrificing a bit of width and keeping it compact but more up top with this shape?

Kinnear/Morrison 

Rowe   MacKay  Donaldson  McCann

Max        McGinn     Henderson 

Morrison 

Burrell              Oliver

I'd go

Kinnear

Rowe McKay Donaldson McCann

Henderson

Morrison         Max.       Kennedy

Burrell.        Oliver

This is extremely harsh on mcginn and nesbit who've both done well this season but the above formation means we have a goal threat from all over the pitch, speed in Morrison and burrell, trickery and guile in max and Kennedy, hold up, game management and linking play in oliver. From set pieces height in McKay Donaldson and Henderson. 

5 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I'd go

Kinnear

Rowe McKay Donaldson McCann

Henderson

Morrison         Max.       Kennedy

Burrell.        Oliver

This is extremely harsh on mcginn and nesbit who've both done well this season but the above formation means we have a goal threat from all over the pitch, speed in Morrison and burrell, trickery and guile in max and Kennedy, hold up, game management and linking play in oliver. From set pieces height in McKay Donaldson and Henderson. 

Yeah I like that more. McGinn would feel disappointed but horses for courses and could still be play an important part coming off the bench. Likewise Nesbitt.

Yep, that’s the team right there (training properly, form etc. permitting).

You lads can always console yourselves with the real prize, the 'most corners won' trophy.

Unfortunately you can't have the real, real prize, that being the 'biggest crowds' trophy, although perhaps you may have the 'loads of semi finals' trophy that a few of your fans assured me last week was secured.

44 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Not worried I don't think mcglynn just went back to the formation and side that won comfortably at your place the last time. It's a sensible enough idea to do that at the end of the day.