The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

If the Hummel footage means anything, then this could be dangerous….🤔😂

That added to Jamies comments when I asked about Matchwinner retro I do believe the comments from the CEO were "there will be retro tops for every year of the 5 yr deal" so by the looks a Hummel style which wouldn't be too bad just hope the quality is better than what Hummel was.

2 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

I'm impressed as f**k mate. I've persuaded my company to pay a lot of money to become a shirt sponsor and I'll crow about it if I want.

There was loads of negativity being posted about the strips with folk whinging and bitching before they'd even seen it. Since I posted it was a belter, that's stopped.

Not too keen on the red shoulders but please tell me that the kit has white shorts? Ta.

17 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Very much this

Spencer is anything but a box to box player but good player none the less

For me Lang before he did his ACL was a rolls royce of a player

Both should do well in the 1st division

Heard that sentiment too much about players and although I see great quality in Spencer, the highlights I watched of Lang weren’t as encouraging but maybe still gaining fitness pending his injury. Will reserve judgement though. Would you say he looked the same player after it? 

5 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

That added to Jamies comments when I asked about Matchwinner retro I do believe the comments from the CEO were "there will be retro tops for every year of the 5 yr deal" so by the looks a Hummel style which wouldn't be too bad just hope the quality is better than what Hummel was.

Does that not mean O’Neills producing replicas of old kits rather than the current strip being based on previous styles?

8 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

The Hummel top was the dog's bollocks,coupled with the fact we had some outstanding players in the said tops helped.

God,Tam McQueen,Alex Taylor,Yogi i could go on and on.

It was a great time to be a Falkirk fan.

8 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Does that not mean O’Neills producing replicas of old kits rather than the current strip being based on previous styles?

Wouldn't think so tbh Matchwinner are back and they are doing replicas of all their old kits and I dare say Hummel are still going surely would imagine there would be some sort of design/copy/Image rights  issue

7 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

The Hummel top was the dog's bollocks,coupled with the fact we had some outstanding players in the said tops helped.

Absolutely, remember Alex Taylor squaring up to Yogi for a shite clearance, Yogi just showed his nashers and Tam pulling them apart. As said great time to be a bairn. 

Guest Ecosse83

Hopefully we get a shirt based in the 1988 Spall effort when we were sponsored by Coasters, small bit then but loved the shirt! 

22 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Can't believe you forgot this Legend

image.png.452692391d378ab29a7f49dabb750711.png

38 minutes ago, Harry Hood Fan Club said:

And he got back from ACL well ahead of schedule- fitter and stronger all round- and skippered the team at Rangers in Cup. 

I think Falkirk have won a watch here.

33 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Heard that sentiment too much about players and although I see great quality in Spencer, the highlights I watched of Lang weren’t as encouraging but maybe still gaining fitness pending his injury. Will reserve judgement though. Would you say he looked the same player after it? 

In my opinion, no he wasn,t the same player after the ACL injury. A full pre season may sort that though

43 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Wouldn't think so tbh Matchwinner are back and they are doing replicas of all their old kits and I dare say Hummel are still going surely would imagine there would be some sort of design/copy/Image rights  issue

43 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

The club produced replicas of the blue Hummel strip a few years ago ( without Hummel branding) also the Spall pinstripe effort.

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

It's goals my concern as it stands especially if McGlynn sticks with one up top.

The midfield seems top heavy in CM, McGinn and Spencer too similar, the options of goals from our CM options isn't great and forcing a diamond at times last season was very much trying to put square pegs in round holes.

I don't see a monster in midfield the type that's going to fire into challenges and dominate. As much as Spencer is a welcome addition I'd like to see  someone like the Hamilton midfielder Scott Martin in there. My fear is Spencer won't be the box to box midfielder that McGlynn describes and Raith fans say he isn't, you get a feeling he's going to sit in front of the back four and be a younger version of McGinn.  Tumilty or Hodson at right back is an upgrade on Williamson no doubt at all. 

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Can't believe you forgot this Legend

image.png.452692391d378ab29a7f49dabb750711.png

My neighbour while he was with us. Mortified when my laddie and his pals went to his door, and asked him if he would come out for a kick about in the street…………but he did. He played three a side with them for about half an hour

17 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

My neighbour while he was with us. Mortified when my laddie and his pals went to his door, and asked him if he would come out for a kick about in the street…………but he did. He played three a side with them for about half an hour

Not the time I asked! 😢 

I also remember Eddie May used to live in the Beazer Homes estate in Carronshore too beside one of my class mates. Not sure if he ever got a kick about though. 

Edited by Van_damage

9 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

My wee brother and his pals went to Crunchie’s door in Grangemouth and asked if he wanted a game with them 😂. He politely declined.

My brother back in 75 or 76 went to play with his pal in Polmont.  His pal's dad was something in sports marketing or something at the time and guess who was in the house having a meeting with him .... no less that Franz Beckenbauer.  I never believed my brother at the time obviously but everyone involved still swear it was true.  And no, he wouldn't have a kick about apparently.