The Falkirk FC Thread

26 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I always find it strange why managers start signing players that got them the sack in their old job.

Alternatively going with a load of players you still have and who shat it big time last season might get you the sack aswell. 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

My favourite memorabilia is 50 odd years of memories. No one can buy them off me, in fact they are priceless. 

Same for every fan but must have some prized Falkirk possession though? 

12 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Same for every fan but must have some prized Falkirk possession though? 

I have a programme from 97 final with a journalist notes and all my cup final tickets and a Cooperage Lane sign with the watermark right down it. I did have Brian Rices shirt from the Clydebank game when we won the league but donated it for Auction at Gordon McFarlane's breakfast when he was ill. Not really one for hoarding much TBH.  

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I have a programme from 97 final with a journalist notes and all my cup final tickets and a Cooperage Lane sign with the watermark right down it. I did have Brian Rices shirt from the Clydebank game when we won the league but donated it for Auction at Gordon McFarlane's breakfast when he was ill. Not really one for hoarding much TBH.  

I don’t collect too much either. Managed to get George Merchant to sign my 97 programme as bumped in to him outside Ibrox. 

Giving your Rice shirt for the auction for GM was a great gesture. Sure it would’ve helped raise a lot too. 

23 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Looking at the pitch update pictures, anyone think it’s been narrowed? 

The grass area is the same, because the blue baize that surrounds it hasn't been touched. 

This is the last image I took of the old pitch. The white touchline is parallel with the edge of the North stand and the green area between touchline and baize looks fairly wide. 

This is todays image, admittedly taken from ground level at the opposite end. However, it shows the white touchline being parallel with the edge of the South stand and a fairly similar size of green edge. So I don't think it's been narrowed. 

Going forward, it won't be possible to change the dimensions unless you cut up the pitch. Those white lines aren't painted; they're a separate piece of pitch altogether. You can see them waiting to be installed in the foreground of the third shot which was taken last week. 

2023.05.31 1) (1).jpg

2023.06.19 (2).jpg

2023.06.13 (1).jpg

2 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The grass area is the same, because the blue baize that surrounds it hasn't been touched. 

This is the last image I took of the old pitch. The white touchline is parallel with the edge of the North stand and the green area between touchline and baize looks fairly wide. 

This is todays image, admittedly taken from ground level at the opposite end. However, it shows the white touchline being parallel with the edge of the South stand and a fairly similar size of green edge. So I don't think it's been narrowed. 

Going forward, it won't be possible to change the dimensions unless you cut up the pitch. Those white lines aren't painted; they're a separate piece of pitch altogether. You can see them waiting to be installed in the foreground of the third shot which was taken last week. 

2023.05.31 1) (1).jpg

2023.06.19 (2).jpg

2023.06.13 (1).jpg

Didn't realise that was the case . Was it the same with the old pitch? 

23 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

2023.05.31 1) (1).jpg

2023.06.19 (2).jpg

2023.06.13 (1).jpg

Exactly who I’d hoped would reply! 

Pitch looks good, but can’t tell until we play on it how it rolls/bounces

On 18/06/2023 at 19:55, Duncan Freemason said:

Ok fellow Bairns, I was given a vintage mug for Father’s Day today, but the question is, what vintage?
I am guessing 1970s or later, but would appreciate if anyone could nail down the date a bit more accurately. Definitely made in England, so before China started making everything for everybody.

Any help would be appreciated!

AEF2D301-C0BF-4862-956B-82E8AB334D97.jpeg

03D6EB02-CE4B-4656-AB24-E80BC2F56714.jpeg

F3A7F86B-45F4-4563-8BFA-6AFDE3924689.jpeg

i would say mid to late 90s 

Scottish Football Year Book 57-58 Signed by 8 of the team along with signed individual player photos in the same book.

I also have an original Oil Painting of Brockville, that about 200 prints were issued and sold from West End Gallery, wife bought me the original.

Plank of wood we sat on in Wing Stand at Brockville ( Not the tip up seats ) was just saying last week I should get a bench made from it. Maybe machine cut it into 1000 cubes  / and sell them at £10 a pop.

IMG_0034.jpeg