The Falkirk FC Thread

When McKay joined us it was also because  he wanted to be closer to the central belt, if he has been told he is free to move on if he can find a club then there's not a huge amount of options,  championship wise and locality maybe Airdrie? League 1 Accies, Alloa, Edinburgh? Not sure what type of wage he'd have got thrown at him by Holt for three years.

Guest Back Post Misses
30 minutes ago, Springfield said:

It’s not rubbish. There’s far too many mistakes with McKay Henderson & Donaldson all much the same - bang average at best….. 

it is rubbish, but hey Ho we are all entitled to opinions. In this occasion however you are talking guff 😉

6 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

I haven’t seen the team but I’m assuming that Franz Watson must’ve been playing. No way we’d keep a clean sheet with the other jobbers we’ve got 🙄

According to @Bainsfordbairn Watson hasn't been seen so reckons he's away. 

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

I get the reason for closed door friendlies but I miss the days the club or the herald would at least post a match report. Helps create more of a hype especially in pre season.

Id imagine we might have wanted it kept quiet tbh. We have about 8 players with first team experience fit.

Guest Back Post Misses
37 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I,ll leave it be then…and of course it’s all about opinions….

Better than MCKay will give you that 

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

It’s not rubbish. There’s far too many mistakes with McKay Henderson & Donaldson all much the same - bang average at best….. 

Which is why they are playing at L1 level.

If you're expecting us to sign a player who doesn't make mistakes then unfortunately there are no such players.

If we are that bad during the CSS game that we are nowhere near ready for promotion then using the same formula beating St Johnstone in the BCD game must mean we are now capable of reaching the Premier in 2 seasons. The close season is just silly kick abouts nothing more and nothing less

4 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

When McKay joined us it was also because  he wanted to be closer to the central belt, if he has been told he is free to move on if he can find a club then there's not a huge amount of options,  championship wise and locality maybe Airdrie? League 1 Accies, Alloa, Edinburgh? Not sure what type of wage he'd have got thrown at him by Holt for three years.

Or us too presumably? I know we're in Dumfries but thats only every 2nd saturday. We train in Hamilton.

Given where a lot of clubs train  It’s probably tougher for a player based outside the central belt to play for a side whose home ground is close by than it is for a central belt based player to play for a club whose ground is outside the central belt.

Edited by parsforlife

7 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

It is just utter drivel. We beat St.Johnstone in a BCD game yesterday I believe we will now romp this league and concede under 10 goals! 

Seriously? 

I wish I had your optimism if so.