The Falkirk FC Thread

I like Leon McCann but I do think McGlynn was waiting on a chance to play Mackie at the start of last season. Fair play to Leon, his performances meant that opportunity never arose.
However I would say that Leon’s performances dropped like everyone else at the end of the season and the jersey is probably up for grabs again. Be interesting to see who starts the first league game. 

Guest Back Post Misses
2 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

I like Leon McCann but I do think McGlynn was waiting on a chance to play Mackie at the start of last season. Fair play to Leon, his performances meant that opportunity never arose.
However I would say that Leon’s performances dropped like everyone else at the end of the season and the jersey is probably up for grabs again. Be interesting to see who starts the first league game. 

^ This. 

Guest Back Post Misses
Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Surely the only form that really mattered at this point was the form in the playoff matches ?

Ffs I was only pointing out that Airdrie were not in much better form than us. We got cuffed, it was painful but it is gone. Fans need to move on now. 

11 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Ffs I was only pointing out that Airdrie were not in much better form than us. We got cuffed, it was painful but it is gone. Fans need to move on now. 

Fair enough then - yeah, it was last season and we can’t change it so forward is the way to go.

I wasn’t sure what your point was that’s why I replied.

Guest Back Post Misses
25 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Fair enough then - yeah, it was last season and we can’t change it so forward is the way to go.

I wasn’t sure what your point was that’s why I replied.

The point I was making was that lots are saying our form was rotten going into the play offs (and it was not as good as it had been) but was very similar to Airdrie in terms of points. So maybe it was an implosion at the play off and not the last quarter. 

24 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The point I was making was that lots are saying our form was rotten going into the play offs (and it was not as good as it had been) but was very similar to Airdrie in terms of points. So maybe it was an implosion at the play off and not the last quarter. 

It was both, we were in poor form going into the playoffs and then were catastrophically bad in the playoffs.

16 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Dipped into the L1 forum to see what was happening and you lot are still bleating on about the playoffs and red dotting each other at a furious pace. Never change Falkirk. 😂

IMG_3112.webp.f02bcb2398a49a980dfa39a5336e85b1.webp

Still rent free in Airdrie minds I see, even when you’ve escaped 😂

Edited by RC55 FFC

1 hour ago, cb_diamond said:

Dipped into the L1 forum to see what was happening and you lot are still bleating on about the playoffs and red dotting each other at a furious pace. Never change Falkirk. 😂

Bollocks, the one and only thread that you visited was the Falkirk thread!

15 hours ago, StuartA said:

That’s you on drum duty this Saturday. 

Unfortunately Im struggling to make the start of the game as I don't finish work till 2 and for some reason it's a 2pm KO. Somebody else will get that pleasure.😂

McCann towards the end of last season had the same issues he had in the few games he played the season before that being two centrehalfs he couldn't rely on to defend. He's at his best when he can charge up and down the left side not worrying about what he's leaving behind. Mackay if I remember right was left sided centrehalf for most of that period which says it all. I've backed mcginn but if Mackay plays more first team games than reserve this season then I won't be backing him for much longer.

Edited by Shodwall cat

7 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

McCann towards the end of last season had the same issues he had in the few games he played the season before that being two centrehalfs he couldn't rely on to defend. He's at his best when he can charge up and down the left side not worrying about what he's leaving behind. Mackay if I remember right was left sided centrehalf for most of that period which says it all. I've backed mcginn but if Mackay plays more first team games than reserve this season then I won't be backing him for much longer.

Backing McGlynn so much you are blaming McGinn ffs 😉 

Guest Back Post Misses
4 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

It was both, we were in poor form going into the playoffs and then were catastrophically bad in the playoffs.

I know FFS, but Airdrie’s form wasn’t much better that is what I was pointing out.