The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Gollum said:

Sorry to ask, but who is who here?

We = Alloa, Their = ParsTV, BonnyriggRoseTV, and the new FalkirkTV platform, I = The person who's running their own system on alloathletic.co.uk and regrets nothing.

12 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

So our new provider is Brian Duncan….the ParsTV guy?

For the actual platform, yeah. I'd assume you've got a band of volunteers to make the stream home and away.

The club don't even own falkirktv.uk - Brian's company does according to the WHOIS request.

Tempted to buy Falkirk.TV domain for a laugh now that I see it's available.

Edited by LeodhasXD

20 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

For the actual platform, yeah. I'd assume you've got a band of volunteers to make the stream home and away.

The club don't even own falkirktv.uk - Brian's company does according to the WHOIS request.

The platform being the website and the capability to stream? "Hosting" perhaps? The website doesn't look up to date.

If we're doing the filming and set-up, surely there'd be ample services just for the part of uploading it once it's ran through any broadcasting software? What are we paying for? User admin?

On 14/07/2023 at 08:18, Guest Back Post Misses said:

I have always defended our support when we are being accused of being hard to please. But I can see what fans of other clubs mean. Yesterday an Airdrie fan posted about it. He was right, and I am a guilty as anyone for red dotting. 

I think it is time to cancel my account. 👋

Just read about this on the HG thread. Pleasing...and damn straight I was right!!!

😂 Falkirk

22 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

He did say we (Pars TV, for the avoidance of doubt) were getting new microphones so thanks for paying for them... 

Tbf I think it's just the web hosting, payment, etc that he deals with and you'll not be paying for anything for us. I'd wager the Falkirk TV streams etc will still be better than ours (QotS TV used his servers etc I'm sure and they provided a better service than the Pars)

5 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

🤦‍♂️ similarly to why they've had to move it from the original one ran by Tony Smith. 

All these domains should be treated like the falkirkfc.co.uk one and owned by the club as it's their IP after all. 

Club has come a long way but still not grasping the worth of all these parts and treating them like a commodity instead of intrinsic to their business.

22 minutes ago, Gollum said:

The platform being the website and the capability to stream? "Hosting" perhaps? The website doesn't look up to date.

If we're doing the filming and set-up, surely there'd be ample services just for the part of uploading it once it's ran through any broadcasting software? What are we paying for? User admin?

You're paying for meeting the media license terms that are required to offer streaming at an SPFL and the expertise that has come with catering for Dunfermline already.

There's not an off the shelf service that meets everything. There's always some mixing and matching and even if there was a complete all-in-one system you'd need to pay them their cut.

would love the SPFL to conglomerate and make one central system that I can send my stuff to but.... We're a bit factional if you haven't noticed and of the really saleable assets  especially Rangers TV is very good so why would anyone try to rock the boat and change what we have?

Basically you have two or three components to a streaming service:

You need to have a shop (technically optional if you were giving it to season ticket holders only) 
You need to have an access control system - can't see unless you buy, check IP addresses, only allow logins on one device per user etc
You need to have a video hosting service 

19 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

He did say we (Pars TV, for the avoidance of doubt) were getting new microphones so thanks for paying for them... 

Tbf I think it's just the web hosting, payment, etc that he deals with and you'll not be paying for anything for us. I'd wager the Falkirk TV streams etc will still be better than ours (QotS TV used his servers etc I'm sure and they provided a better service than the Pars)

The login one might be his server. The actual streaming at least was https://www.dacast.com/ which never struck me as ideal.

I can't recall QotS TV quality but I don't assume it was any different from ours. We were the three SPFL teams. Actually the help from the Brian and the guy at Queen of the South who I've completely forgotten the name of was excellent at the time so I'm not knocking in that respect.

Edited by LeodhasXD

Just now, SouthStander1876 said:

You can rest assured that no one cares

There's quite clearly evidence to the contrary though isn't there.

ETA, 5 now! He's the new Marshmallo

Edited by cb_diamond

Just now, scottsdad said:

@cb_diamond on here and other threads celebrating the departure of BPM and trying to take credit for it has to be the most desperate thing I have seen in ages on P & B. The guy is obsessed with all things Falkirk. 

I'm really not though am I on either count, typical stretch there. Also outwith the comment the other night I haven't been on here since the playoffs.