The Falkirk FC Thread

I don't mind the build up starting at the back, but see when you've took too long and they have elected to press right onto us, you have to do something different. We don't have anyone with the talent to beat a press so if they do press, go over the top. It's really that fucking simple and the goal was absolutely coming. United started to go man for man 2 or 3 passages before it. 

11 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Oliver lawal and mcginn in the middle not really working.  I'd get Henderson on second half if hes fit enough for 30 mins or so.

McGinn doesn't have the legs to find space to turn and go forward and Lawal doesn't have the brain to do it.

Fucking about yet again. Massive step backwards from Saturday against opposition not any better

Just now, latapythelegend said:

McGinn doesn't have the legs to find space to turn and go forward and Lawal doesn't have the brain to do it.

Fucking about yet again. Massive step backwards from Saturday against opposition not any better

Yep. Needs Spencer in there and tbh, tonight I'd consider getting Hendo on asap. Lawal is not a midfielder in the traditional sense. He needs to be allowed to play between the lines and be tasked with less of the disciplined stuff. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I don't mind the build up starting at the back, but see when you've took too long and they have elected to press right onto us, you have to do something different. We don't have anyone with the talent to beat a press so if they do press, go over the top. It's really that fucking simple and the goal was absolutely coming. United started to go man for man 2 or 3 passages before it. 

Rule of thumb for me is that if a centre half still has the ball after 3 passes, tl youarent getting through that initial press. At that point you look at the channels.

McGinn = done.

Comedy goal aside (the worst we've ever conceded as a football club?) we've done ok.

United look pretty shit considering they are the bookies favourites for the championship this season.

Need to get ourselves together if we are going to get the point we need 

Don't buy this don't care where the goals come from argument. We need a proven goalscorer, yet again.

Midfield not working. Mcginn is a super footballer but just doesn't have the legs now. 

Weve lost confidence since they scored.

Our goalie has been out best player, been excellent. The good news is United arent great, were only one behind and it's a cup game with nothing to lose. Kitchen sink second half please

Just now, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

McGinn = done.

Comedy goal aside (the worst we've ever conceded as a football club?) we've done ok.

United look pretty shit considering they are the bookies favourites for the championship this season.

Need to get ourselves together if we are going to get the point we need 

I think Saturday was even worse. We lost a player who could be useful tonight and even left a Partick a huge gap to hammer the ball into the net….

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This referee is a total.joke..... again. 

Can't blame Var  taking up the decent ones tonight. Pathetic. 

I don’t think the ref has done anything wrong?

Just now, Rugster said:

I don’t think the ref has done anything wrong?

He watched Tony Watt slip and fall on his arsenright in front of him then gave him a free kick. Missed a couple of really obvious 2 handed shoves in the back, let Fotheringham take about 15 minutes to get off the pitch, and pulled Yeats up delaying a quick throw in for absolutely no reason I could see.... 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

He watched Tony Watt slip and fall on his arsenright in front of him then gave him a free kick. Missed a couple of really obvious 2 handed shoves in the back, let Fotheringham take about 15 minutes to get off the pitch, and pulled Yeats up delaying a quick throw in for absolutely no reason I could see.... 

Was that the one where Yeats threw the ball from 2 yards the other side of the corner flag? 🤔