The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Lol.. the switch from Falkirk TV continuing to look an amazing move..

Amateur hour

There used to be games that they couldn’t cover because of connectivity before they switched provider so not really sure what your point is.

Presumably there’s no power/internet/both available at the ground.

2 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

There used to be games that they couldn’t cover because of connectivity before they switched provider so not really sure what your point is.

How often did that happen?

So far these clowns have had unwatchable stream quality at Partick and an 'unforeseen hardware issue' the first away league game of the season.

1 minute ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

So far these clowns have had unwatchable stream quality at Partick and an 'unforeseen hardware issue' the first away league game of the season.

I don’t live overseas so don’t pay that much attention but it has certainly happened a few times in recent years if I remember correctly.

Just now, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Happened a number of times last season. I regularly watch on FTV because I can't travel often for away games. There was a few instances of the stream quality dropping, being low quality or completely failing mainly seemed to be because of connectivity at away grounds last season. 

Just now, Hughsie said:

I had my fears they'd be problems today.

I'm sure they could've asked Lewis and Stuart re grounds that have issues and how they resolved the issue.

It was a very rare occurrence that Lewis and Stuart failed to deliver the service, way way back a few issues but it was resolved with experience going forward.

Just now, MrDust said:

I had my fears they'd be problems today.

I'm sure they could've asked Lewis and Stuart re grounds that have issues and how they resolved the issue.

It was a very rare occurrence that Lewis and Stuart failed to deliver the service, way way back a few issues but it was resolved with experience going forward.

It happened at least a few times last season and the one before? 

1 minute ago, Hughsie said:

I don’t live overseas so don’t pay that much attention but it has certainly happened a few times in recent years if I remember correctly.

Not much in recent years, only one game due to work commitments for midweek fixture and they had issues Edinburgh city(new ground can bring issues)

3 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

It happened at least a few times last season and the one before? 

Only ones I can remember is Edinburgh city and they advised might be issues with cup game at wick but don't think there was.

As said previously, taking advice from Lewis and Stuart would've been the thing to do before a ball was kicked. 

The game would be on FTV if they were still here. I said at the time the new guys have very big shoes to fill.....so far that is proving to be 100% correct 

15 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Sounds like they forgot to take the battery pack on no 4g in the area cause those are they only 2 things you need to stream something 

3 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Only ones I can remember is Edinburgh city and they advised might be issues with cup game at wick but don't think there was.

As said previously, taking advice from Lewis and Stuart would've been the thing to do before a ball was kicked. 

The game would be on FTV if they were still here. I said at the time the new guys have very big shoes to fill.....so far that is proving to be 100% correct 

Have just gone to check because I was sure this happened more often than that as I said I'm quite a regular user. From the old Falkirk TV twitter it happened 5 times at different games last season, one of which required them to use the ParsTV stream instead. 

I'm really not a fan of people condemning a team when they have really just started. As confirmed by Jamie on the podcast the preseason was used as a test to get the new volunteer (let's all bear that in mind) team set up as well as a new system (due to the costs of the previous platform being increased). Yes there were kinks to sort out but from what I've seen those have been addressed and the stream was great. And today is certainly annoying - I was relying on it to watch. But its not a case of "old versus new" falkirk tv. Its a case of going to away grounds and that occasionally causing issues, regardless of who was running it.

Stuart and Lewis were fantastic, no doubt and have been loyal fans of the club who dedicated far more time than most people are capable of. But it's not fair on the new guys to condemn them for issues that were pretty normal for the old streaming service and team as well. We are lucky enough to have a new team willing to dedicate their free time just as much as Stuart and Lewis were... is that not fantastic? And deserving of a little bit of understanding when they really are just getting started up? 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Have just gone to check because I was sure this happened more often than that as I said I'm quite a regular user. From the old Falkirk TV twitter it happened 5 times at different games last season, one of which required them to use the ParsTV stream instead. 

I'm really not a fan of people condemning a team when they have really just started. As confirmed by Jamie on the podcast the preseason was used as a test to get the new volunteer (let's all bear that in mind) team set up as well as a new system (due to the costs of the previous platform being increased). Yes there were kinks to sort out but from what I've seen those have been addressed and the stream was great. And today is certainly annoying - I was relying on it to watch. But its not a case of "old versus new" falkirk tv. Its a case of going to away grounds and that occasionally causing issues, regardless of who was running it.

Stuart and Lewis were fantastic, no doubt and have been loyal fans of the club who dedicated far more time than most people are capable of. But it's not fair on the new guys to condemn them for issues that were pretty normal for the old streaming service and team as well. We are lucky enough to have a new team willing to dedicate their free time just as much as Stuart and Lewis were... is that not fantastic? And deserving of a little bit of understanding when they really are just getting started up? 

Did this new team ask Lewis and Stuart for advice? I know Lewis and there's zero chance he wouldn't have given it.

Just now, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Did this new team ask Lewis and Stuart for advice? I know Lewis and there's zero chance he wouldn't have given it.

I have no idea? I don't know the new team or Lewis and Stuart either but don't think that changes any of what I said. I think a great idea to have the new guys getting advice from Lewis and Stuart who have more experience. Still don't like this whole Lewis and Stuart vs the new team attitude. As you've said if anything having such dedicated volunteers working together would be the ideal so why make it old vs new?