The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Lived in Stirling for years and used to go to Binos games quite regularly. 

It's quite nice seeing them back at a decent level. It's a good community club.

They have played two of the poorest sides in the league so far. When they come to us it will be their fourth game in ten days. We will beat them 

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Maybe if the FSS aren’t getting to buy shares it’s something to be considered. Wouldn’t bother me if my contribution was used to strengthen the squad but I can’t obviously speak for others and I’m not getting into a debate with others about this as we all have our own thoughts.

I don’t think it matters to be honest mate. The money that was going to the club from FSS shares was going in to the same pot for when there are no shares available. Any money for a transfer will have to come over and above normal operation income.

That said too, if finances are so tight then I’d prefer we wait till we are in the clear first before allowing McGlynn to spend more as he had enough of a budget in the first place. Hopefully we can get a few in on loan that won’t cost anything. 

1 hour ago, StuartA said:

Completely correct. Falkirk fans are too quick to attack. 

At the same time, many Falkirk fans plan their Saturday around watching FTV, wherever they may be. It shouldn’t be so vulnerable. 

Agree too. 

Noone should be slagging volunteers but people have the right to voice their opinion at the quality of something they pay for.

From the start Falkirk TV should have been set up so a portion of the income made from it was ringfenced to pay for people who can operate the kit and for their to be money to keep the kit upgraded. We bring a good 5 figure sum from FTV every year so should be enough to keep the quality high and still retain a decent chunk to go towards the club. 

Problem just now will be that the club has had to use every penny coming in to the club to help plug the considerable losses we’ve sustained over the years so imagine it won’t be easy to find money at present to upgrade the facilities. 

Overall, I’d say it was a decent point against one of our main rivals (being one of three other full time clubs in the league). We were the stronger team, we had more possession, we threatened on the wings, we crossed the balls, and were aggressive in our play. We were also desperately unlucky to balance it all off!

7 Unlucky and shytey moments off my head:

1) The ref was clueless and gave Cove a penalty that no one could see the reason for and was likely to have been a Cove arm. By the reaction of the Falkirk players it looked to be a very bad ref decision, will need to watch it back.

2) We lost Miller injured

3) We lost Donaldson injured

4) Brad McKay came on

5) Brad McKay assisted Burrell with a pinpoint header. 

6) We hit the post

7) We hit the bar

Wee Jordan Allan came on and saved the day. A point we certainly more than deserved for our efforts. On another day we would’ve been winning 3-1 or 4-2. No luck at all today.

Cove were poor, a bunch of hatchet men punting upfield and hoping for the best. More often than not punting it out the stadium to waste time, if today’s anything to go by. And they don’t use ball boys neither. Hartley deserved all our pelters at full time, the greasy *******.

If we maintain that sort of aggression, with a bit of ‘luck’ (which was completely missing today), we won’t be far away winning this league.

Edited by GunnerBairn

1 hour ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

We are generally not bad at dismissing the real dross. Probably better than the other top 4 teams at doing that.

As you say, it's our abysmal record against other FT teams which has been our downfall. 

My mate was at the Alloa Binos game. By all accounts Stirling battered them and could have won by 3. 

Win on Tuesday and we are strong favourites at Alloa. 10 points from 4 games would be a pleasing start.

I think Tuesday will be a difficult game. Can see Stirling being really hard to break down. It is must win though. Clearly.

We can’t say Stirling is a hard game, McClown should be setting a team up to win at leat 3-0 against dross like that.

Edited by Balde Bairn

It seems the majority of the negative comments are from people who weren’t at the game. A calamity each from the 2 biggest clowns on the park (the ref and Brad McKay) cost us and we had absolutely no luck with the 2 headers off the post/bar.

Our biggest failing is that Brad McKay is not spending his Saturday afternoons in the stand or in TK Max with his Mrs. Hopeless, arrogant b*****d. 

It’s probably a decent result under the circumstances but we probably also want to beat teams like Cove when they are significantly weakened.

My main concern is that we have conceded 2 points to Hamilton who I think will be the team to beat.

They appear to have battered Kelty in Fife today and I couldn’t see us doing the same based on last season and the limited improvements so far.

However as many have said, it’s early days and I’m happy that we got something out of a game we could easily have lost…..

IMG_0096.png

Just now, roman_bairn said:

It’s probably a decent result under the circumstances but we probably also want to beat teams like Cove when they are significantly weakened.

My main concern is that we have conceded 2 points to Hamilton who I think will be the team to beat.

They appear to have battered Kelty in Fife today and I couldn’t see us doing the same based on last season and the limited improvements so far.

However as many have said, it’s early days and I’m happy that we got something out of a game we could easily have lost…..

IMG_0096.png

Classic hater smh.

1 hour ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Lived in Stirling for years and used to go to Binos games quite regularly. 

It's quite nice seeing them back at a decent level. It's a good community club.

Stirling are for real. 

Did you not say the other week that they were rotten tho?

39 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

We were the stronger team, we had more possession, we threatened on the wings, we crossed the balls, and were aggressive in our play. We were also desperately unlucky to balance it all off!

That all sounds very familiar 🙄

Champing at the bit to see some highlights. Not impressed with the new service provider for Falkirk TV. Missed the KOs for the CSS, Partick Thistle and Dundee United games because of login problems (although I saw the rest of the games) and now haven't seen anything of the Cove Rangers game. Get them telt, FFC.

Played well and dominated for long spells. There was a spell 2nd half where Miller, Alfie and Morrison were superb. The Greaser took his two full backs off as they were getting ripped. 
Poor refereeing, bad luck and a horrific mistake costs us two points. I think the keeper has to take some blame in the MCKay error too. 

Outside Niang Cove were stinking. Their fullbacks were especially bad