The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Bairn in Exile said:

Champing at the bit to see some highlights. Not impressed with the new service provider for Falkirk TV. Missed the KOs for the CSS, Partick Thistle and Dundee United games because of login problems (although I saw the rest of the games) and now haven't seen anything of the Cove Rangers game. Get them telt, FFC.

Read BB’s post it was nothing to do with the provider it was kit failure 

3 minutes ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

Read BB’s post it was nothing to do with the provider it was kit failure 

Read it already, don't accept it. The new provider has taken over the service, they should have back up kit in place (and not the old laptop, another brand spanking new one). Never had anything like these problems with the old provider. And no, I don't have an "agenda".

9 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Read it already, don't accept it. The new provider has taken over the service, they should have back up kit in place (and not the old laptop, another brand spanking new one). Never had anything like these problems with the old provider. And no, I don't have an "agenda".

The new provider doesn’t provide the kit, it’s the club. The club should have two laptops I agree. The provider hosts the stream which seems to have worked fine for most. You have every right to complain but at least understand what you are talking about first. 

Edited by Mr Grimsdale

6 minutes ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

The new provider doesn’t provide the kit, it’s the club. The club should have two laptops I agree. The provider hosts the stream which seems to have worked fine for most. You have every right to complain but at least understand what you are talking about first. 

Thing is, the club made a decision to bin the previous set up. You can tell from Falkirk TV's last post that the guys involved were not happy with that decision. 

Now we can be skeptical that they really were going to deliver on this promise "We'd offered the club an attractive proposal to take this service to a level that competed with old firm in terms of quality.'

But why were they binned on a service that makes the club a decent amount of money for very little outlay?

I don't think it was to improve the experience for the fans watching. I get that it's every company's right to increase margins on any revenue stream but if you do that by reducing the quality of that service you will rightly be questioned. 

It's been an inauspicious start by anyone's standards. The only way is up.

On 12/08/2023 at 00:17, Hank von Hell said:

You were talking about us playing with a sweeper as recently as last season LOL!

Was talking about the way the game is changing and the direction it is going. That was the ethos of my post.

The successful teams of the future will have players that can do a shift in whatever position they find themselves.

No rigid team set up it will all be about flexibility with setups for different phases of the game.

Football is competing with other forms of entertainment and if the product is not good enough.

Just now, HopeStreetWalker said:

Was talking about the way the game is changing and the direction it is going. That was the ethos of my post.

The successful teams of the future will have players that can do a shift in whatever position they find themselves.

No rigid team set up it will all be about flexibility with setups for different phases of the game.

Football is competing with other forms of entertainment and if the product is not good enough.

Ah, maybe they can call it "football total" or somesuch. 

12 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Lived in Stirling for years and used to go to Binos games quite regularly. 

It's quite nice seeing them back at a decent level. It's a good community club.

It was me that said Stirling are crap and I stick by it. I live in Stirling and went to their game against stenny a few weeks ago, they started well but then struggled to do anything of note against a defence with Gregor buchanan at the helm. As for community club, that's a far stretch, They have a bunch of wee guys that go to the games that couldn't name you a single player, purely there to shout abuse and have a carry on. I hope we absolutely horse them. 

23 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Thing is, the club made a decision to bin the previous set up. You can tell from Falkirk TV's last post that the guys involved were not happy with that decision. 

Now we can be skeptical that they really were going to deliver on this promise "We'd offered the club an attractive proposal to take this service to a level that competed with old firm in terms of quality.'

But why were they binned on a service that makes the club a decent amount of money for very little outlay?

I don't think it was to improve the experience for the fans watching. I get that it's every company's right to increase margins on any revenue stream but if you do that by reducing the quality of that service you will rightly be questioned. 

It's been an inauspicious start by anyone's standards. The only way is up.

Looks like sour grapes that. Bumming up a service they said they could have provided after the event seems pointless. 

From what I have seen the commentator is an upgrade and the highlights are just as good. Watched a live feed from Firhill and despite the camera position it worked fine. BB said it was kit that was the issue. The club need to fix that. Looks like a club issue not the provider. 

Is it possible that the highlights haven't been composed quite yet given it would have been a bit later when folks made it home after the game? Hopefully the kit didn't fail so badly that there will be no highlights.

2 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Is it possible that the highlights haven't been composed quite yet given it would have been a bit later when folks made it home after the game? Hopefully the kit didn't fail so badly that there will be no highlights.

The highlights are usually up at 12.00am UK time.

Just now, Bairn in Exile said:

The highlights are usually up at 12.00am UK time.

I know, I usually stay up to watch them at midnight.

Just wonder if folks weren't getting back from the game until the back of 8, they might have other commitments to deal with given they'd have been away from home for the majority of the day and perhaps struggled to find the time to sort highlights out for the usual time which would be understandable. 

Disappointed to have no stream but everyone who is complaining about not getting what you pay for needs to remember that it clearly states only home games are guaranteed to be streamed and away games depend on circumstances. Not that yesterday was due to equipment at Cove obviously, but I’ve always looked at away games as being a bonus if they are streamed. 

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Disappointed to have no stream but everyone who is complaining about not getting what you pay for needs to remember that it clearly states only home games are guaranteed to be streamed and away games depend on circumstances. Not that yesterday was due to equipment at Cove obviously, but I’ve always looked at away games as being a bonus if they are streamed. 

As it was equipment failure I have the feeling that the game wouldn't have been able to be streamed even if it was at TFS.

13 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

We are generally not bad at dismissing the real dross. Probably better than the other top 4 teams at doing that.

As you say, it's our abysmal record against other FT teams which has been our downfall. 

My mate was at the Alloa Binos game. By all accounts Stirling battered them and could have won by 3. 

Win on Tuesday and we are strong favourites at Alloa. 10 points from 4 games would be a pleasing start.

I think Tuesday will be a difficult game. Can see Stirling being really hard to break down. It is must win though. Clearly.

When you say "by all accounts" do you mean just your mate?

Stirling were the better team yesterday and if any team deserved to win it was them, but in no universe did they batter Alloa or could have won by 3-0. They had two shots on target and four in total.

They will likely give you a good game next Tuesday. You should be very happy with any sort of win.