The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I’m really not surprised Lewis and Stuart decided to pack it in when this is thanks they get for putting in countless amounts of their own time and money over the years.

It’s possible to praise the new guys without denigrating the previous regime.

Utter nonsense. Where have I said Lewis and Stuart didn’t do a decent job. I responded to someone being critical of the new regime saying nothing was better - I think the commentary is. Nothing else has improved though which I agree with. Post match interviews for example are poorer without Lewis. So what has my opinion got to do with Lewis and Stuart quitting? I happen to think the new lad is an upgrade. It is not different to us signing Brad Spencer - McGinn did a decent job but Spencer is an upgrade. In no way does that mean Lewis and Stuart didn’t do a good enough job.  Only my opinion but I think the new lad will get a job doing this sooner rather than later. We won’t hang on to him for very long. 

4 hours ago, Falkirkwheel said:

I was going through some old photos and came across this. This was me back in 2008 in Basra, Iraq. 

Everyone emailed the respective clubs we support asking for them to donate any kits so we could play 5 a side. Falkirk sent THREE boxes of kit out to us. Amazing…. the big clubs (Scottish and English), that replied to our ask, only sent 2/3 scarfs, maybe a car air freshener. No footy kits at all. I was so proud to be a Falkirk fan and that has, and never will change!!!

This photo also featured in a match programme that season too.

STP60213.jpeg

My all time favourite Falkirk kits (and season).

1 hour ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

Utter nonsense. Where have I said Lewis and Stuart didn’t do a decent job. I responded to someone being critical of the new regime saying nothing was better - I think the commentary is. Nothing else has improved though which I agree with. Post match interviews for example are poorer without Lewis. So what has my opinion got to do with Lewis and Stuart quitting? I happen to think the new lad is an upgrade. It is not different to us signing Brad Spencer - McGinn did a decent job but Spencer is an upgrade. In no way does that mean Lewis and Stuart didn’t do a good enough job.  Only my opinion but I think the new lad will get a job doing this sooner rather than later. We won’t hang on to him for very long. 

There is a big difference between talking about players rather than volunteers, who are also fans of the club though. 

i have been paying at the gate for a season and now i am the dreaded 65 i have just purchased my first concession season ticket online  Do i have to go to shop to pick up with proof of age or do they just send on trust? Hope i have to collect with proof of age or i can see this being abused. Does anyone know?

10 hours ago, 60`s bairn said:

Enjoyable & memorable night for fans & players alike.

celebration6.jpg

Our family were listening to it on the radio. The comentators were bigging up the fact the last penalty was pitching a dutch outfield player and goalie against each other.

The comentary went along the lines of - "It's Jeroen Lambers vs Evander Sno, one Dutchman against another, who will triumph here... NEITHER!"

We all jumped out our seats in a proper wtaf moment, thinking the penalty was being retaken or something, when the main comentator made a remark about Falkirk heading through to the next round. The fact Sno hit his shot wide wasn't actually clarified til a few mins later.🤣

31 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Our family were listening to it on the radio. The comentators were bigging up the fact the last penalty was pitching a dutch outfield player and goalie against each other.

The comentary went along the lines of - "It's Jeroen Lambers vs Evander Sno, one Dutchman against another, who will triumph here... NEITHER!"

We all jumped out our seats in a proper wtaf moment, thinking the penalty was being retaken or something, when the main comentator made a remark about Falkirk heading through to the next round. The fact Sno hit his shot wide wasn't actually clarified til a few mins later.🤣

We were also listening on the radio and remember the couple of seconds of confusion before pandemonium ensued