The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

🚨OUT NOW…🚨

🆕🎙️EP:55 DRINKING RYAN WILLIAMSON’S TEARS

🔵 Review the HUGE win over Montrose with Darren Baird & William Adam from Ultras 1876 🥁📣
⚪️ Preview Accies (H) with @OAccies podcast 🔴
🔵 Discuss all things @FalkirkWomen_ with captain Lauren Shaw ©️🫡
⚪️ Falkirk Supporters Society monthly draw 🏆 
🔵 Fortress Brockville event - Tickets selling fast 🎟️
⚪️ PLUS all the latest news from FFC 🗞️

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_4863.thumb.jpeg.7bd7010a382ebaeae395b40d00ce1335.jpeg

Listened to the end with Ben. I don't like how nice and magnanimous everyone was being about the upcoming fixture. Can someone please hit with an outrageous statement that will get ridiculed at 7:30pm on Saturday? Thanks.

39 minutes ago, Accies1 said:

Listened to the end with Ben. I don't like how nice and magnanimous everyone was being about the upcoming fixture. Can someone please hit with an outrageous statement that will get ridiculed at 7:30pm on Saturday? Thanks.

Will Hamilton be able to scrape together more away fans than the 68 Montrose brought on Saturday?

8 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Will Hamilton be able to scrape together more away fans than the 68 Montrose brought on Saturday?

Yes they won’t bring much more than 300 for this one but the next fixture if current trends keep on going they could bring 1000 fans 

1 hour ago, Accies1 said:

😂 fair play, John & Ben are mates so that maybe answers that one. Cheers for listening bud. 

2 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

This ridicule of our diddy support is what I came for. 

In all seriousness I would take a guess at us bringing 500-600 through, which for us is good going. 

11 minutes ago, Accies1 said:

In all seriousness I would take a guess at us bringing 500-600 through, which for us is good going. 

According to your Twitter page, the most you’ve taken to an away game is 338 against Stirling at the start of the month. You only had 248 at QoS last week too. Be great if you’re right but sure you’ll manage to reach 500 for a game that’s on TV? 

8 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

According to your Twitter page, the most you’ve taken to an away game is 338 against Stirling at the start of the month. You only had 248 at QoS last week too. Be great if you’re right but sure you’ll manage to reach 500 for a game that’s on TV? 

As I said in my post they will probably bring 300-400 fans on Saturday and if things keep as they are for the next hamilton game they could bring 600-800 possibly 1000

13 minutes ago, Hisingdoon said:

As I said in my post they will probably bring 300-400 fans on Saturday and if things keep as they are for the next hamilton game they could bring 600-800 possibly 1000

Yeh think that’s about right so just wondered where 500-600 came from as would be better if they brought more through. 

44 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Stirling game is probably a fairer comparison due to distance. We took one supporters bus of 52 through to that, we've got, at least, 3 coming through to Falkirk. Then include those driving as it's a close game. Also, as the season is going on we're getting more cause for optimism. I'd be pretty disappointed if we don't hit 500 but who knows? I personally don't think the TV makes a difference here, who wants to watch a game in gaelic with the odd nonsense from Craigen?

An Accies crowdwank, now I've seen everything! 😋

Stirling game is probably a fairer comparison due to distance. We took one supporters bus of 52 through to that, we've got, at least, 3 coming through to Falkirk. Then include those driving as it's a close game. Also, as the season is going on we're getting more cause for optimism. I'd be pretty disappointed if we don't hit 500 but who knows? I personally don't think the TV makes a difference here, who wants to watch a game in gaelic with the odd nonsense from Craigen?

Thanks. Hope it is above the 500 mark then like you say. That would be a decent away support for League One. 

2 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Need to remember they are on the back of a shite relegation season, may have been some that haven't bothered with it so far this season as well that will start to come back. Whatever they do bring will be more than anyone else in this division I'd imagine. 

Possibly but hasn’t affected us too much. Had a quick scan and only league match I could see where they posted them having more than 500 fans was season 17/18 for the last SP game of the season against Motherwell when they had secured Scottish Premiership status. They had only 518 that day. 

They’re just not a massively supported club as probably affected more than most by  locals supporting either side of the Old Firm.  

Hopefully that continues to change for them and they take over 500 to the game as would much rather see more fans support their local teams. Just hope we send them home in a bad mood on Saturday though. 

Edited by Van_damage

1 hour ago, Nutmeg Richard said:

Who fancies a good read and a bit of Bairns history?

"Super" Syd Puddefoot died on this day in 1972. Here's the wild story of how Falkirk signed him — and became the only Scottish team ever to hold the world football transfer record.

From Nutmeg 2: ‘SUPER’ SYD PUDDEFOOT AND THE FOLLY OF FALKIRK’S WORLD-RECORD GAMBLE 

Brilliant article. Thanks for sharing. 

24 minutes ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

WTF does this cost Hamilton?

UEFA give a £25k allowance but, as you can imagine, it doesn't go far. 

Chairman said we'll be lucky to break even.