The Falkirk FC Thread

9 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

I’ve been keeping a record of points, goals scored/conceded etc between this season and last. 

In terms of points, after playing everyone twice (half way through the season) we were on 30 points, after 18 games. This year, we’re on 26 (with 8 games still to play before the end of the 2nd quarter). Hopefully we’ll absolutely smash past that this year.

What are the goals for and against ? 

9 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

I’ve been keeping a record of points, goals scored/conceded etc between this season and last. 

In terms of points, after playing everyone twice (half way through the season) we were on 30 points, after 18 games. This year, we’re on 26 (with 8 games still to play before the end of the 2nd quarter). Hopefully we’ll absolutely smash past that this year.

Perhaps you need a hobby, to go travelling or get yourself girlfriend. Don't need stats to identify that this season shades last one at this stage

A slight bit off topic but is there a specific date for our 150 anniversary/first match as it is a few years out and other club around Scotland have dates for their anniversary/first match and from what I have seen there isn’t a clear date for it 

5 minutes ago, Hisingdoon said:

A slight bit off topic but is there a specific date for our 150 anniversary/first match as it is a few years out and other club around Scotland have dates for their anniversary/first match and from what I have seen there isn’t a clear date for it 

Bettermeddle has no date for our first ever game, but the next 3 took place in late March and April 1877.

So probably one of the Saturdays in early March: the 16th, 9th or 2nd.

20 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

We must have absolutely fucked the second half of that season to only finish 7th

ETA: According to BetterMeddle we won 6 (including a 3-0 win at Celtic Park) and drew 5 in our first 11 games, then won just 4 out of the last 19

Another reason to take nothing for granted this season

Screenshot2023-10-24at16_08_59.thumb.png.c640aa39302a5fd62847fc57c3b5513e.png

Also used that early season form to breeze through to the League Cup final, before losing to lowly East Fife

That could have been a legendary year

Great to see Airdrie being relegated and the OF ending up with nothing.  Overall a successful season!  

2 hours ago, Hisingdoon said:

The anniversary is when the club was formed because that has to happen first so a team called Falkirk Football and Athletic Club could be put on the park.

When the first game was played is incidental.

The club played its first match on 8th December 1877, which I assumed was why the Silver anniversary was celebrated in 1902 (though in March rather than December) and then club president Murdoch McIntyre referred to 1877 as 'the year of inception'

Also assumed the football club was actually founded in 1876 though I don't believe any date is known? For example Queens Park were formed in July 1867 but didnt play their first game until August 1868 

I think all we can say with any degree of certainty was it would have been sometime between October 1876 and March 1877. Hopefully the club have some events planned for the 26/27 season

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

10 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

The club played its first match on 8th December 1877, which I assumed was why the Silver anniversary was celebrated in 1902 (though in March rather than December) and then club president Murdoch McIntyre referred to 1877 as 'the year of inception'

Assumed the football club was actually founded in 1876 though I don't believe any date is known? For example Queens Park were formed in July 1967 but didnt play their first game until August 1968 

I think all we can say with any degree of certainty was it would have been sometime between October 1876 and March 1877. Hopefully the club have some events planned for the 26/27 season

Think you've got QP dates wrong there. 

7 hours ago, Higgenarse said:

Perhaps you need a hobby, to go travelling or get yourself girlfriend. Don't need stats to identify that this season shades last one at this stage

To be fair it's a 5 minute job once a week on a spreadsheet 😉