The Falkirk FC Thread

We aren't going to play brilliant football every game nor will we get the same time and space to play we got in the first quarter. We just need to dig in and grind out results like we did today and against Stirling. Give me another 23 games winning by 1 goal and we'll win this league. 

I'd also like to give a big GIRUY to the two utter roasters behind me in the KM7 stand today who came out with some utterly bizarre comments today such as Nesbitt's the best player we have, Henderson and McIver are weak links, McIver should have been subbed "for a proper footballer" and they'd sack McGlynn at xmas if we're still only 3 points clear. 

Just when you think the fans are behind the team and there's a better atmosphere in the stadium along come some idiots to show we've still got a bit to go. 

I put today’s shocker down go McGlynn’s team selection. Goal aside, Nesbitt was awful. No idea how he got man of the match. Morrison was also very poor. Kept coming short, not going in behind and just really disappointing. We looked much better when Alfie and Ross came on. Miller should have stayed on instead of Nesbitt too. 

2 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

We aren't going to play brilliant football every game nor will we get the same time and space to play we got in the first quarter. We just need to dig in and grind out results like we did today and against Stirling. Give me another 23 games winning by 1 goal and we'll win this league. 

I'd also like to give a big GIRUY to the two utter roasters behind me in the KM7 stand today who came out with some utterly bizarre comments today such as Nesbitt's the best player we have, Henderson and McIver are weak links, McIver should have been subbed "for a proper footballer" and they'd sack McGlynn at xmas if we're still only 3 points clear. 

Just when you think the fans are behind the team and there's a better atmosphere in the stadium along come some idiots to show we've still got a bit to go. 

And thankfully that’s the case. I thought Edinburgh were stuffy, resolute and put in some good blocks etc. Not an end-to-end game of football of course but it wasn’t a walk in the park either, that would make for a long season too.

3 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

I must’ve been sitting near you, it was  embarrassing. Heard some shite hurled at Hogarth after his mistake too. Some of our fans are absolute panic merchants 

Falkirk winning today doesn't bother me as it was expected. It does, however, appear to be another stuttery win which gives me hope that you may drop points to either Cove or Montrose, if not both.

Biggest thing, however, is your goal difference advantage is now gone. The game at NDP is set up to be a cracker and i'm surprised it's not on TV tbh.

2 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

I put today’s shocker down go McGlynn’s team selection. Goal aside, Nesbitt was awful. No idea how he got man of the match. Morrison was also very poor. Kept coming short, not going in behind and just really disappointing. We looked much better when Alfie and Ross came on. Miller should have stayed on instead of Nesbitt too. 

Spot on, apart from the ten Edinburgh fans it was apparent to all at the game, we needed to change it. Disappointed with so many today, Hogarth- Donaldson - McCann Spencer - Nesbitt- Morrison turned in some shite performances. Our outfield play was at best punt up the park and let’s see what   

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Falkirk winning today doesn't bother me as it was expected. It does, however, appear to be another stuttery win which gives me hope that you may drop points to either Cove or Montrose, if not both.

Biggest thing, however, is your goal difference advantage is now gone. The game at NDP is set up to be a cracker and i'm surprised it's not on TV tbh.

Yep, it sure will be. A whole 17 days until our next league game now, which is frustrating. I’m not going down the lazy, not bothered about cups this season road but I don’t understand the scheduling of fixtures.

Edited by Numbers_One_To_Eleven

The best we’ve looked in the past few weeks was against Alloa when Morrison was injured. I feel when he’s playing we try to make 80%+ of our game go through him.

42 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Yep, it sure will be. A whole 17 days until our next league game now, which is frustrating. I’m not going down the lazy, not bothered about cups this season road but I don’t understand the scheduling of fixtures.

I'm absolutely bothered by the cups. Would love to play you in the Challenge Cup Final - so long as we win!

55 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Agreed. Ross, Miller and Agymen should be starting behind McIver every week

57 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

100% agree with this.

Think a break from the league has came at the perfect time. A chance to rest any players needing it (Spencer and Morrison). 

I missed Alloa game which we looked the bollocks but was there today and at Queens and we didn't look great. Still think our best 11 has a front 4 of Morrison Aggy Miller and McIver. Ross could also play in there somewhere. I know that Nesbitt scored today but I just don't see what he brings to the party. I feel harsh saying he was anonymous today but thought he slowed it down for us attacking wise today. 

That Hogarth mistake is probably enough to have him back out the starting line up. Can imagine it'll be Long back in from now on too. Hope we can start improving performances from now on. Not arsed about Friday but the cup and then the next month of games is massive.

51 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Spot on, apart from the ten Edinburgh fans it was apparent to all at the game, we needed to change it. Disappointed with so many today, Hogarth- Donaldson - McCann Spencer - Nesbitt- Morrison turned in some shite performances. Our outfield play was at best punt up the park and let’s see what   

Don't know what Donaldson did wrong today TBH.

19 minutes ago, Gaz said:

The best we’ve looked in the past few weeks was against Alloa when Morrison was injured. I feel when he’s playing we try to make 80%+ of our game go through him.

I agree with this. Morrison is still a danger to opponents but the first half tactics seemed to be get it wide to Morrison to cross. We seemed more fluent against Alloa with Agyeman, Miller and Ross in behind McIver though Alloa gave us the time and space to play that Edinburgh didn't. 

3 pts is the main thing and all that. But Mcglynn got the team selection wrong today. Morrison obvs not fully fit and Nesbitt was just woeful. Thought it was harsh to drop Ross and Ageyman, yes we drew to Qos but the week before that we were different class. Don’t over complicate things please John and try to play players that aren’t fully fit x Hendo loves a yellow card this season dosent he suspended for the Montrose game - not ideal!

I think, in a roundabout way, his poor team selection today actually shows the strength in McGlynn's summer recruitment. Miller, Alfie and Ross are absolutely streets clear of the players we had at our disposal in those positions last season, including Oliver and Nesbitt. Barring a major drop off in performance, those three, along with Morrison (who didn't look fit at all to me today), should be the ones vying for the starting berths every week behind MacIver.