The Falkirk FC Thread

The goalkeeping conundrum will be interesting over the next few weeks.  Long started the season number one with hogarth injured. He was pretty shaky in his first few games which as a young keeper is understandable but once he settled down he was class.  He obviously then got injured and Hogarth came in and did nothing wrong until he dropped a clanger against Edinburgh.  I presume long was going to play last night whether Hogarth made an error or not in his last game with it being the cup but who plays next week is anyone's guess.  I still feel long is the better keeper but it does seem to take him a few games to settle down.  I'm not sure who mcglynn has as his number one in his head and I suppose we might not know for sure till the Montrose game as obviously next week is another cup game.

Well done John McGlynn. Your recruitment has been 10/10 this season. I worried when we lost Kennedy but I actually think Miller is a better player. Playing championship teams seems to suit us as they don’t sit in like teams in League 1 do. Also, the team was spot on. Play full strength last night then rest a few against Formartine for the trip to Montrose on the Tuesday. 

26 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

The goalkeeping conundrum will be interesting over the next few weeks.  Long started the season number one with hogarth injured. He was pretty shaky in his first few games which as a young keeper is understandable but once he settled down he was class.  He obviously then got injured and Hogarth came in and did nothing wrong until he dropped a clanger against Edinburgh.  I presume long was going to play last night whether Hogarth made an error or not in his last game with it being the cup but who plays next week is anyone's guess.  I still feel long is the better keeper but it does seem to take him a few games to settle down.  I'm not sure who mcglynn has as his number one in his head and I suppose we might not know for sure till the Montrose game as obviously next week is another cup game.

Personally think Long is better with the ball at his feet the only difference, that's not based on Hogarth's recent howler.

I expect Hogarth to be no1 unless Long plays next week and extremely well, which shouldn't happen against who we are playing.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

uess.  I still feel long is the better keeper but it does seem to take him a few games to settle down.  I'm not sure who mcglynn has as his number one in his head and I suppose we might not know for sure till the Montrose game as obviously next week is another cup game.

Completely agree about Long, and overall a better keeper in my view.

1 hour ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Well done John McGlynn. Your recruitment has been 10/10 this season. I worried when we lost Kennedy but I actually think Miller is a better player. Playing championship teams seems to suit us as they don’t sit in like teams in League 1 do. Also, the team was spot on. Play full strength last night then rest a few against Formartine for the trip to Montrose on the Tuesday. 

Credit where’s it due, and he’s brought  in players who have gave us strength & comfort in three key areas, where we’ve toiled since relegation. Lang / Spencer / Mckiver have been really good, add Alfie & Ross who have added strength, pace and flair.

Ive deliberately left out Miller. For me he’s been McGlynns surprise package, simply outstanding, turns on a sixpence, his vision and his ability to carve open opposing teams is simply brilliant. 
We’ve got a squad of players that finally looks like they give a Fck about the support and the club, and look like they want to be part of the journey going forward. 
Guess it’s over to the BOD & FSS to make sure that the journey is a pleasant one. 

31 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

I know it’s been said a few times but what a difference the ultras have made. Absolutely fantastic. Atmosphere was incredible last night. If things keep going the way they are the ultras might need a bigger section! So many of them last night.

Totally agree, thought they were fantastic last night and lifted the team when we went behind. They’ve actually made going to TFS an enjoyable experience again, that and the fact we have a good team.

Have to say I love Friday night games under the lights, the crowd seems right up for it, pre match bevvy maybe helps🤔

Meant to say that I think Morrison's return to form and goals could be significant. Since his injury and the fact that he's been off it a bit since, we've been toiling a wee bit for a goal scorer. MacIver's done well and will obviously get his fair share but we've definitely missed that almost inevitability that Morrison will score. Here's hoping that he can maintain it. 

1 hour ago, Big chungus said:

I know it’s been said a few times but what a difference the ultras have made. Absolutely fantastic. Atmosphere was incredible last night. If things keep going the way they are the ultras might need a bigger section! So many of them last night.

Maybe my old ears playing tricks but I’m sure I heard a burst of Let’s all do the Brockville Hop a couple of weeks back.