The Falkirk FC Thread

30 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Unfair on Big Joe. First season he was injury prone but next two and a half seasons he was a regular. Yogi was the injury prone one after and was also stuck in the middle of the park a fair bit too. 

Joe McLaughlin gets in my centre back pairing post 1990, considering he was in a 1st Division winning side and then a regular in a successful Premier League season. 

The Ivo Den Biemans, Peter Grants were great but lacking top flight games and Darren Barr, David Weir were too often played at right back.

I remember Big Joe punting the ball into Watson Street on a regular basis! Clearing his lines

3 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Kenny Ashwood at centre half! 😄

Best for me were Stuart Burgess, John Hughes post 1990, David Weir (mostly played at RB tbf) and Darren Barr. Sadly Joe McLaughlin was injured too often for me.

(First game 1983)

Can’t disagree with you although as a youngster I was a big fan of Roddy Manley.

22 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Great well deserved win and vindicates mcglynn putting out our best side. Keeps the winning momentum going and players match fit. 3,000 crowd and semi final means some extra cash in the coffers for January. The stats are pretty incredible re shots, corners etc.

We learnt a couple of things tonight... Hogarth will be first pick goalie and the starting eleven is the players mcglynn trusts, he didn't even want a sub on till the very end as he didn't want to risk changing it. The subs are going to stay subs. Albeit mcginn Ross and Oliver still injured.

Ross cup-tied

27 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

What a night that was,I ended up backwards over a crush barrier In the choir.

I honestly feel this classic win/match was absolute peak Bairns, in modern times anyway. On a long unbeaten run (things got a bit sticky for a few matches after this match before the fantastic run-in), fluent team with Stainrod pulling the strings, under the floodlights, packed Brockville (still in not bad knock) and on the telly.

93/94 and 94-95 were great but this was the pinnacle for me.