The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Wouldn’t have Burrell anywhere near this squad/starting X1. Rotten apple & he and Hartley are well suited. 

Not surprised to see him scoring goals as he clearly had quality, just didn't look interested too much of the time.

You also wouldn't catch MacIver jumping out the wall at a freekick, c**t.

Edited by FFC 1876

46 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

I honestly feel this classic win/match was absolute peak Bairns, in modern times anyway. On a long unbeaten run (things got a bit sticky for a few matches after this match before the fantastic run-in), fluent team with Stainrod pulling the strings, under the floodlights, packed Brockville (still in not bad knock) and on the telly.

93/94 and 94-95 were great but this was the pinnacle for me.

Privileged to see JJ teams and the one and only God. Some incredible teams back then, guys like Sammy, & TMcQueen were simply Devine. 
Last night was outstanding and if we can keep these guys we won’t be far away. 

3 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Wouldn’t have Burrell anywhere near this squad/starting X1. Rotten apple & he and Hartley are well suited. 

Thought Burrell was a player worth keeping but no idea about being a rotten apple? Thought McGinn had recommended him to the manager too? 

4 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

Thought Burrell was a player worth keeping but no idea about being a rotten apple? Thought McGinn had recommended him to the manager too? 

Ability definitely there but attitude stank from what I hear & saw on the couple of occasions I had an interaction. Dressing room is better off without him imho. 

42 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Ability definitely there but attitude stank from what I hear & saw on the couple of occasions I had an interaction. Dressing room is better off without him imho. 

Fair enough. What I did notice and not been commented on was the amount of players quote tweeting the score and saying how good a team it is. 

Would like to have kept Burrell but who knows how it would affect things. The squad harmony appears to be really strong anyway. 

Edited by Dave McInally

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Uras "outstanding"? Really? Decent enough but far outshone by Aafjes in that era.

Any player who has achieved over 180 games in French Ligue 1 before joining us quite clearly has quality in my view. One of the most technically gifted players ever to play for Falkirk. Quite possibly a reflection on where Scottish football is now. 

Not to take anything away from Aafjes, who was also excellent.

Edited by PedroMoutinho