The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Bigbrbairn said:

You just keep your team beating or drawing with our rivals and you are doing well

Only if you give us some free points once you've won the league. 😂

Cove, Hamilton, and Falkirk could all be dead rubbers by the time we get there at the end of the season. We might need those points.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

I wonder if it’s possible the Club could provide the ‘training camera’ footage to show Miller’s goal in full and re-edit the highlights? Similar to the Cove highlights where we saw Allan’s late goal from a different angle, but at least we saw it. Unless we ask our best bud Hamilton for a copy of their highlights 😬 

Matty was up there recording the video analysis for the manager, though that type of recording tends to be very wide so that you can see patterns of play and individual player positions. Which often makes it unsuitable for match highlights. The players look like stick insects when shot so wide. I have no idea whether they would redo it or not. I don't think Hamilton release a video package for games. 

11 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

I've been at Hamilton and it shakes like mad up there. Especially if you have a standing commentary team. I tend to sit and try to keep still. Don't imagine it's helped by the strong winds. You're spoiled by the concrete platform to film from at TFS - you can mitigate the movement to an extent. 

The other issue is just the focus. Yes the resolution is 1080p but because it's slightly out of focus with the rain it's just a blur. 1080p50 is also not massively great at movement. It's just ok these days.. Check out Stranraer's highlights for some incredibly sexy 4k footage. You can see the individual frames are like crystal. Streaming at 4k won't happen any time soon and to edit 4k video quickly you need to spend more money on your editing rig or just accept it'll take longer so I'll not be doing it for a bit. 

Missing goals happens but you have got an individual operator though so you lose points for that. I've got an excuse of a stream, replays, live chat and commentary to multi-task.

£50 a match to do our camera operation and technical stuff? Name your price! 

Seems like a worthwhile investment for a club of our numbers. Large amount of people who won’t have been able to make the game today not being able to watch a goal of the season contender is basically just unacceptable tbh. 

27 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Seems like a worthwhile investment for a club of our numbers. Large amount of people who won’t have been able to make the game today not being able to watch a goal of the season contender is basically just unacceptable tbh. 

Hardly unacceptable it’s not Sky Sports!

8 hours ago, bairn88 said:

I have paid for the service and I know it is a real issue for some fans who use it and need it who maybe can’t attend games but these type complaints really do boil my piss in the context of us just having one of our most significant results in a good few years! Enjoy the win man! Spent the night absolutely bouncing and then as usual I read a few posts on here bringing me right back down to earth! 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

9 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Not for me. The YT video is at 1080, which is high resolution by their standards. I don't think I've seen any YT video at higher resolution, though it's not my area of expertise so I'm happy to be corrected. I assume the Alloa TV guy who posts on here and seems to know his stuff may have an opinion. 

And yes, it's disappointing that he didn't get the ball flying into the net. However, we've now scored 53 competitive goals this season and I don't think the camera operator has missed any others. The camera decided to go "techie" at the wrong time for one of our goals at Cove but that's hardly his fault. 

It's the same old story when you're involved with a high profile organisation like a football club. No-one is perfect and everyone makes mistakes, which I assume that was. When you get it right, no-one remembers. But when you get it wrong, no-one forgets. 

Think this sums it up well. 

I’ve always said that Falkirk should pay the Falkirk TV crew to ensure they have people working on it to provide good service to subscribers but doesn’t mean that mistakes won’t happen. They occur to the best of us.

As for the camerawork, the general coverage is decent. I’ve watched a few live streams and had little issue with the camerawork. I used to do some filming for Falkirk TV at its inception. Was only for highlights back then but it is tricky trying to mimic broadcast coverage using a camcorder, particularly when you’re faced with harsh weather conditions. At least for highlights you can find moments to warm your hands or clean the lens but with live coverage there is little chance to do that and nowhere to hide if you get caught out. 

Not sure what happened to the other cameras though as during lockdown, Kieran managed to up the spec of the kit. That was only a few years back so should still be possible to add other cameras to the mix. 

Edited by Dave McInally